Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,788 times

Advertisements

So now we're talking about the sun?? what happened to astrology?

It is obvious to anyone who has been exposed to astrology for any length of time that there is definitely something up to it and that there's definitely something "there" in that it too obviously works. All the self-righteous, bible thumping people in the world can tell me that the sky is really purple and black stripes all the time, but if I say it is blue, I'm not going to go back and say "it's purple and black stripes" just to please you.

One must go with common sense here and with what we know obviously to be true. God obviously made astrology - there's nothing inherently wrong with people born in different times of the year having the same type of personalities - and the number 12 comes up many times in the Bible as well. What better way to have personalities set up so there's a good variety, and we are all challenged to love all of them?

Astrologers are not seen as "evil" in the Bible, they are just seen as "not so special that they know everything and shouldnt think they do" ( i definitely agree). Some Bible thumpers love to jump on astrology as a way to make other people feel like horrible, when they have been too fear-racked to look into it themselves or they've been cheating themselves to not admit that it works. In fact astrologers were quite prevalent during biblical times and afterwards. I just recently went to a museum exhibit and astrological works were ubiquitous in ancient (but A.D.) church times.

In a nutshell, I would keep a few things in mind and just move on:

1) Astrology obviously works; you've seen this or you wouldnt be visiting this post (those defending it).

2) If you believe in God, well then it's obvious that God made astrology as part of his mysterious sytem of the universe. But he is a jealous entity, the Bible shows, and wants us to put him first. Well God made everything, so that shouldn't be hard .

3) So put God first in all you do, love your friends and your enemies and be a good person in your soul, thanking God for everything that you have every day.

4) Move on, keep astrology in perspective (no, you don't have to think it does not work after you've already seen that it does lol), just dont go worshipping it or start using it night and day. God made fire too, and it can burn and kill. Does that make it evil or something to worship? So, you dont have to abolish astrology from your life after you've already seen it works (due to some fear provoking person or post)...Just keep it in perspective.

5)Also, do not be scared and worried over self righteous people who love making people shudder when they don't know what they're talking about. Whoever started this post knew they were asking for it and sadly they got it. Read the bible on your own not with someone else's help, know your own heart and let God judge. I seriously doubt God minds a good person with a loving heart who has noticed that what he made, astrology, works, and has put it in perspective.

Peace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality