Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 10:49 AM

322 posts, read 317,111 times

Advertisements

Whatever religion you are part of , for or against, whatever you do in your life choose love and make this world a better place.. if you dont do it for u .. do it for me and everyone else. please.

this world doesnt need more religions or information we need more love

Lets unite and show that we as a people can make this world a better place.. one person at a time.. through love and understanding.

We are all in this thing togetehr...its time we live as ONE.

we all know how good love feels and how bad hatred feels
if we can just do unto others as we would have them do to us.. this will achieve miracles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 01:35 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,046,043 times
Should I love those who choose to hate?
What about those who love to hate, or those that hate love?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:56 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
It's a nice concept godservant but it's not realistic, just like religion. Wishful thinking at best.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
I commend you, godservant, for promoting a truly great idea. Unfortunately, it's an idea developed long ago but perverted by a LACK of information (correct information, anyway). So if we are to love one another and live in harmony, it will require much focus on where we disagree. I liken saying "Let's just love one another" with a couple who fights a lot, but always ends each fight with "I'm so sorry. I was stupid, let's hump".

Unresolved but ignored differences are just arguments put on hold.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:13 AM

I think the problem is that we do not know what love is..
we think it to be weak and we do not trust in its power

love is not just between a man and a wife or between family member , love is the force of life.

when we choose to act out of love or rather allow love to guide our actions. we change

we treat people with respect and care and we dont try to gain anything for ourself..

i WIsh that u can all feel it and know it too..
its what we need

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:15 AM

Dear Father God, Mother God, Blessed Holy Spirit -

Teach me to monitor my thoughts and desires to ensure that they are filled with love, harmony and peace; for myself and everyone in my life, in all situations, and under all circumstances. Remind me that my mind can make loving, peaceful, decisions and choices because You are a part of my mind. I am willing and ready to enter a new life, a fearless life, a joy-filled life, a peaceful life.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,906 times
Great idea, but sadly its a tall order.

I try to be an optimist, but the older I get, the more my mind is poluted with cynicism and pessimism.

I have even found the flaw in the Golden Rule. How sad is that?

You see, when a person who I know to often be unkind, quoted "do unto others as you'd have done unto yourself", I had to really think about it.

How can someone who believes this philosophy be so unkind.
What it going on, it that she is treated people (at least to some degree) how SHE wants to be treated, as opposed to how THEY want to be treated.

SHE apparently wants brutal honestly. NOt everyone does. Some people just want kindness, and yes...fairy tales etc.

This was my thinking at the time.

Turns out. She doesn't like brutal honestly when it's directed at her either. But maybe some people do.

The bottom line is, maybe the Golden Rule she be more like...
Treat people how THEY want to be treated as long as it doesn't completely impose on your needs and who you are.

Just a random thought that your post/thread inspired me to share.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:35 AM

when we act out of love.. whether its guides us to be brutally honest ( in a loving way) or if it requires us to remain silent..

Love isnt about satisfying the ego.. love goes beyond the mind ego... thats why its soo hard for the mind to grap its power and it tries to limit its power because it cant understand it, the ego has fear of the unknown..

if we jsut trusted in it and acted out of it then our faith in it will grow. and we will start to believe and know its power.

have a great day.. all of u
i hope u all find what u are searching for
bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality