Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 AM

132 posts, read 120,714 times

Advertisements

I somehow give a lot of importance to be rational, objective and practical.
I also like to think I'm open and trying to give its respective importance to the "supernatural" in our life, if there is actually any.
For example, I may want to believe that I "heard" God or that God "talked" to me on my thoughts...
I no longer accept this.

What I mean is, I actually like to analyze how is religion or Faith working in our lives, how and why do we humans react to certain factors.
One thing I'm sure, we only need a state of convince to condition our behavior, to act upon something we believe, so, religion doesn't need a real God, just your state of convince and you're done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 06:42 AM

27,545 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
We all have to have faith in something, whether it be in God, or in Godless. Besides I can prove the supernatural to myself and that is all that matters.
I used to believe that too. I grew up in a very religious household where the existence of God was simply a "given." It was as obvious as the sky was blue and the trees were green. I even had experiences which I felt must have been from God.

But over many years of examining this belief and the actual evidence, the belief now seems weird to me and doesn't make much sense at all.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:11 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Many mainstream religions would fit that description as well.
Only many? Not "Most" or "all"?

Old 02-22-2012, 07:13 AM

27,545 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
I think it's just a matter of time before what most people consider to be supernatural is explained.

I agree with Reed. There is nothing truly "supernatural" in the world, just natural things that as of yet have no adequate explanation.
Actually, I would very much like to see this - the supernatural being proven in the natural world/universe.

I hope this happens in my lifetime.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Only many? Not "Most" or "all"?
You're right.

Damn my polite southern upbringing.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I think it's just a matter of time before what most people consider to be supernatural is explained.

I agree with Reed. There is nothing truly "supernatural" in the world, just natural things that as of yet have no adequate explanation.
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Amen and Hallelujah to that. We are just apes on a little blue rock in the unimaginable vastness of the universe. To say we know and understand it all now...only a couple hundred years past the industrial revolution... is the height of ignorance. There are still many, many mysteries to unfold.
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Actually, I would very much like to see this - the supernatural being proven in the natural world/universe.

There is no such thing as supernatural.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
I believe there are hundreds of dimentions parallel to ours, and we live in only one of them....

Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

It has been proven, in my world anyway.

I live with it everyday and have since I was a child. Being aware of spirits and having "sensitive" moments are as normal as getting the mail.

it's something we are all capable of, we just need to open ourselves to it.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:36 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
It has been proven, in my world anyway.
I live with it everyday and have since I was a child. Being aware of spirits and having "sensitive" moments are as normal as getting the mail.
it's something we are all capable of, we just need to open ourselves to it.
People who rely only on the five senses for information about reality are missing out on far more than even they think they understand.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I believe there are hundreds of dimentions parallel to ours, and we live in only one of them....
I agree.

My DH has a theory that when we die, we don't go to heaven/hell but to a parallel dimension and kinda pick up where we left off here. I've heard that before from others as well. Odd thing is, he's Christian.

I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality