Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 01:13 PM

813 posts, read 2,032,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post

I believe it is because of people being afraid of things they don't understand.

I will say that I believe it is only fair to them that they accept their marriages just as heterosexual marriages. They vote, serve in the military, pay their taxes and are a members of our society; why should we deny them that right? It amazes me that in this day and age, people are still closed minded about gays and lesbians and want to treat them as a second class citizen. It's unjust and unfair!

RedJohn
Yep. That's really it at the crux of it. People have a tough time accepting facts that don't fit neatly into their little social constructs and traditions. Therefore, they try their damnest to convince themselves that said facts are not true. I liken the people still moaning & groaning about gay people to the old tales of ostriches who stick their heads in the grounds when a perceived threat looms near. Hiding ones eyes from the view of the perceived danger doesn't change the fact that it exists. It makes more sense to open one's eyes to this perceived threat, prepare yourself and assess whether it's really even truly a threat at all. I see many anti-gay people as being these ostriches and gay people to be a non-existent perceived threat.

Homosexuality is fact. There are an unknown percentage of people who are attracted to the same sex. Gay people have existed throughout all of documented human history and are not going anywhere no matter how much some people try to sweep them under a rug. Gay people exist in every corner of the globe from places like The Netherlands where they are widely accepted to places like Iraq where you can be killed for someone merely suspecting you might be gay. The tides has swiftly changed stateside and elsewhere in the last few decades or so. Gay people are refusing to continue to play this charade where they live their lives as lies so other people don't have to face the fact that each and everything they've been taught by family, friends, religious leaders, etc. simply cannot be true.

What increasingly perplexes me are the fanatical types who seem to have finally accepted the fact that same-sex attraction is innate for some people, but STILL want gay people to go back to participating in the charade where they marry someone of the opposite sex, pop out kids (as if we just don't have enough people on this planet already!), and live out their life hiding their true selves for the sake of some extremely narrow and dated religious interpretations. Would these people start having gay relationships if people beat into their heads that opposite-sex relationships were wrong? Of course not. But that's just part of the hypocrisy that permeates every facet of this way of thinking.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Oh so true...But...Wedlock before God, with oath to God..is bringing it to my God..(symbolically)..and my God said do not do this act..it is a abomonation to him..

So do we allow them to enrage the God of mine with their bent folly?..and change a method for man and woman...to allow for some bent idea of love,..Which sex is not...and that is what they do...sex...it is not to reproduce...it is used in the wrong way..and it is unclean...So...we have enough of that spoken truth...it cause sickness....again sorrows.....and these sicknesses spread...and death can be a resulting factor.....is this a good thing?...Nope!...and that would be a NO...and I let my No's mean no...and my yes' mean yes....as I was told to do..
God said for gays not to get married? Would you mind quoting chapter and verse? And as far as abominations go, what about people that get remarried after a divorce? That is prohibited by god (under most circumstances) and is considered to be an abomination as well. Why don't we hear christians protesting and trying to prevent all of these heterosexuals from doing this?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 PM

53 posts, read 45,270 times
It is illogical, and we do not decide. Either do condoms. We know. It is illogical. It is not irrational though
as we know,man is irrational. We know this. That is our problem.

None of us have the.....right.....

to complain against a country which refuses to promote the illogical...it... is illogical.

Complain against the irrational position against the irrational human, outside of the formal absolute (logic) if need be or, shut up.....( a country cannot promote the illogical, its illogical.

I have no issue with making friends with gay people as I preform irrational things in day to day life all the time. But do not expect you or a gay person-advocate to promote them as my friend...only understand and try to inspire or realize that this, is what life is....if need be whatever.

Get a dictionary and drink milk . BTW...glad to be back....lots of good comments in both courts.

Last edited by Simple Ness; 03-21-2012 at 11:13 PM..

Old 03-22-2012, 02:34 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
I support gay marriage 100%, but I don't think that gays should be married within the church. A marriage within the church is between a man and woman, that is what defines it by religion.

Gays shouldn't be discriminated against, and there's absolutely no reason for the government to not allow it.

Separation of church and state. The church is free to keep their customs, but for the government to restrict it, there has to be a much better reason.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
God said for gays not to get married? Would you mind quoting chapter and verse? And as far as abominations go, what about people that get remarried after a divorce? That is prohibited by god (under most circumstances) and is considered to be an abomination as well. Why don't we hear christians protesting and trying to prevent all of these heterosexuals from doing this?

I suggest you read The Deuteronomy texted...It clearly states Gays are to be slaughtered...which means they are to do nothing....cause a dead Gay does nothing....

But because killing is now a law we have to apply to our own selves...so sin is reduced....Jesus comes saying Let em be....but in the same sentence he also says to let the Evil be, and the holy be, and the righteous be....

Now I once long time ago , was walking down a street in MTL with a friend...in front of us was a group of what I thought were women, and my friend also...

We were looking for a club that was not crowded, so we could have a drink....the group of women stopped and went into a club I never seen before...so we followed them in.

When we entered, we noticed the club had nothing but women in it...or so we thought.
Very quickly we were held up at the door by the hostest....who said can I help you?....we said we wanted a seat for two....she then pointed out we were in a Lesbian bar, and no males were allowed in.

Yep...So , Did we demand service?...No!...Did we sturr up a fuss and point fingers around the bar making unrest?..No!...Did we fight to change the policies and rules?...No....we turned around, with respect...and walked out....and that is all we did....

So respecting the santity of the wedlock and God, and "man and women"...(althought they have not done so in some respects)...Is not a club house for Gay or lesbians or other who proclaim difference to man and women, and want to change something that does not conform to or has anything to do with them...."nothing added, nothing taken away!"

That being said....if one defiles God...they defile all living things, and or disgrace them!..and God's anger is kindled against that stupidity...of which I fear for...as when it happens..(wrath and woe and punishment)..everyones is in Jeopardy!....and I wouldn't want to push him over the edge right now, cause there are some really Good people doing some really good things in this world...besides screwing eachother up the but hole.

So I guess aslong as we got them good people...we might be alright for a bit.

I say....Yep leave the wedlock alone...would be prudent and respectful.

Now as it is, something is making more and more evil and sinners be...Somethng Jesus was kicking at...and they do not believe it is causing this..and they think they can pay their way out of it...but it only seems to deepen the hole or pit...more problems, more evil and sin, more wars, and murderers, rapests, and sexually lude and crude...Yep...so when one turns to wedlock...the chances are one or both are demonica are pritty high in standing order....they cannot uphold their oath, because one or both are liars...and they fall from grace!...Yep...

But then there are those who fulfill all the requirements of the order....So there is some merit with it...and they made a garden home...again some merit...and they had children in a safe way....again some merit.

So It is possible for Man and Women to wed under God, and find happiness, health, and safety...when they comply as best they can to the rules set out in the Bible book....

We can always point at the wrongs....as there are many demonica now....but the select few....ah ha the gold of God!

Last edited by Sir Les; 03-22-2012 at 10:44 AM..

Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're welcome.

But let us not forget, Jesus also said... not to point fingers at others. Live your life, and stop spewing hatred, much less be hell bent on imposing a mob rule riding high on the note of "we're the majority".
I would of lived my life without any problems...if the deviant demonica would have not attacked me as a child...chickens they are!....So now that I have a voice, and a body still undefiled...thanks be to God....I will spew out my warnings......If it clucks like a duck but does not ***** like one...its a demon!...and that is a fact jack....

Just sinning like the rest?....hmmm?...or is there something to what I said of merit?....Devaints to God are sinners and evildeors!

And I understand that more now....after being told, or learning the ropes!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:59 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
I would of lived my life without any problems...if the deviant demonica would have not attacked me as a child...chickens they are!
Would you rather see your daughter/grand-daughter marry one of these "chickens" since Ostrich Syndrome is more of your approach to comfort?

Old 03-22-2012, 04:59 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I support gay marriage 100%, but I don't think that gays should be married within the church. A marriage within the church is between a man and woman, that is what defines it by religion.

Gays shouldn't be discriminated against, and there's absolutely no reason for the government to not allow it.

Separation of church and state. The church is free to keep their customs, but for the government to restrict it, there has to be a much better reason.
Some churches willingly and happily marry same-sex couples. So why should those churches not be allowed to do so?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Would you rather see your daughter/grand-daughter marry one of these "chickens" since Ostrich Syndrome is more of your approach to comfort?

Nah, I would not like to see anyone do this..(Like my mother did do twice) and some people have simular and worse stories than I do...I feel for them too......we screen em young in my family now..ofcourse its a crap shoot, when so many demonica are dancing all around cement town...yah never know what your gonna get in the box of crackerjacks...But sometimes the plastic Prize is not the thing we buy it for...it's openning the box and consuming and experiencing and learning.. where the adventure lies...and the popcorn and nut carmel flavor...might linger...But once the box is reviealed...if a demon is ...then we know the opposite must be true aswell.

And in that...I draw another line!

Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,906 times
I think it's possible for some people to think it's wrong to be gay and still not hate gay people.

Of course there are far to many people who DO feel that hatred, but it's not everyone.

I don't understand the logic behind being against gay marriage either, but I do think not all people who are against it are hateful. Maybe just ignorant in some way.

After thinking about it a little bit, and thinking of some of the things I've heard from people who are clearly against "the gay lifestyle" (whatever that means), I think the reason people see it as a threat is because the more you accept certain things, the more those things become acceptable.
As we know many religious people think it's a sin. I guess they figure the more we allow it to be commonplace, the greater the chances that our families/children will "fall" into the same lifestyle.

My mother has passed. She was anti-gay. I remember when Ellen came out on television, my mother was quite offended. She probably uttered the phrase "what is this world coming to". Despite her beliefs about gay relationships, I believe my mother was still a good and not hateful person.

I've often wondered how she would have reacted when my daughter started dating a girl. I like to think she would have disagreed, but still showed her love. We'll never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality