Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,940 times

Advertisements

As America sinks deeper into moral quicksand satans army grows in number. Christians are just sitting waiting on the rapture uninterested that we are in End Times that time is short and we must do more. How sad..........

The rise of atheism in America - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 06:19 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,616,432 times
I don't believe Christians are sitting around. There are SO many Christians right now going out on the streets and evangelizing. You just don't see them because the media isn't capitalizing on them. But they are there and saving souls! And Christians are getting ready to take back this country. We're invading those voting booths in November and bringing men of God back into office. The battle has yet to be over. I don't waste my time reading articles like the one above. Why? Because I am too busy speaking faith into people's lives. Our tongues have the power of life and death. If most Christians simply declared that this country wouldn't be lost and declared repetence and holiness and the kingdom of God over America, that's exactly what would happen! We must claim it and take back our country. It's that simple! I realized I aided the downfall of America by always announcing that we were doomed and we're going to get what's coming to us. God showed me how my words have power and I shape my reality by my words and they affect the ones around me. So I have started speaking blessings and faith into my family's life and mine as well. This is no joke. Speak faith and return to repentance and holiness into America to save her.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:22 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,910,758 times
Gentlemen and Ladies. You have to keep a global vision. What is happening in the USA is typical. Christianity grows in one place, and then after awhile, slowly fades away while it grows someplace else. This has happened many times before. Consider that Europe was the home of the Reformation. Today, in German and England, Christianity is almost completely disappeared. The churches that are left are for the most part empty on Sunday. Meanwhile, the Gospel is being spread in China, India, Africa, and many other places. Thanks be to God. I think we are quite a way till Jesus return.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Gentlemen and Ladies. You have to keep a global vision. What is happening in the USA is typical. Christianity grows in one place, and then after awhile, slowly fades away while it grows someplace else. This has happened many times before. Consider that Europe was the home of the Reformation. Today, in German and England, Christianity is almost completely disappeared. The churches that are left are for the most part empty on Sunday. Meanwhile, the Gospel is being spread in China, India, Africa, and many other places. Thanks be to God. I think we are quite a way till Jesus return.
I agreed with you up until that last part. Jesus is coming whenever the father says it's time. And from the signs he gave us in Matthews and Revelations, we are in that time. We are in the last days and Jesus WILL come at any given moment. Don't forget it so your not caught unaware when he does. The Bible warns about that.

1 Thessalonians 5:2
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't believe Christians are sitting around. There are SO many Christians right now going out on the streets and evangelizing. You just don't see them because the media isn't capitalizing on them. But they are there and saving souls! And Christians are getting ready to take back this country. We're invading those voting booths in November and bringing men of God back into office. The battle has yet to be over. I don't waste my time reading articles like the one above. Why? Because I am too busy speaking faith into people's lives. Our tongues have the power of life and death. If most Christians simply declared that this country wouldn't be lost and declared repetence and holiness and the kingdom of God over America, that's exactly what would happen! We must claim it and take back our country. It's that simple! I realized I aided the downfall of America by always announcing that we were doomed and we're going to get what's coming to us. God showed me how my words have power and I shape my reality by my words and they affect the ones around me. So I have started speaking blessings and faith into my family's life and mine as well. This is no joke. Speak faith and return to repentance and holiness into America to save her.
I believe that the message that is contrary to Christ should prevail until His coming. So I would think that athiesm or other contrary messages are being given a fertile ground by God at this time.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I believe that the message that is contrary to Christ should prevail until His coming. So I would think that athiesm or other contrary messages are being given a fertile ground by God at this time.
Well yes your right to an extent! The Bible says all that would happen before his return. However, his word is still prevailing in places it never has before. Such as China. That country was an atheist country and has shut out Christian missionaries since the 20th century. Now they boast an 180 million+ Christian population and growing! So you must continually declare repentance and holiness on this country! I want to go home to Heaven. But there are a few souls God has left to save. That's why I believe he hasn't came yet. He's having mercy on those on Earth, giving the last few time to be saved.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
As America sinks deeper into moral quicksand satans army grows in number. Christians are just sitting waiting on the rapture uninterested that we are in End Times that time is short and we must do more. How sad..........

Weeeeeelllllllllllll...........

Let me begin by saying that I believe that God talks to all of us all the time. The question is whether or not we listen.

That said, God does not compel. Free will and all. The Evangelicals and the Fundamentalists and Literalists will go nuts when I say so, because in general they do not believe in continual revelation, but in fact there IS continual revelation, continual inspiration. Otherwise how would the Reformation have occurred, which was necessary to break the stranglehold of the Medieval now called Catholic Church? How would the Enlightenment have occurred, which was necessary to provide a pathway to our next stage of intellectual revelation, that of science, which led us to a level of prosperity which could allow us to fulfill the wishes of Jesus worldwide, bringing us ever closer to the fulfillment of His wishes for us. That is, to carry our His wishes with regards to each other, to the least of our brethren, to our neighbors, and in doing so bringing all of us to paradise.

As for the atheists, they too play a role in our spiritual evolution. Like Satan, who is really just the adversary to God and the adversary to Messiah, atheists are the adversary to Christians. God knows some Christians need adversaries!

Old 04-14-2012, 01:51 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,730,511 times
Atheism is growing in this country:

Irreligion in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atheism, depending on definition is somewhere between 20 and 30% of the population.
In fact one man is still fighting in the High Court to have religious education and chaplaincy removed from state or public schools, across the country!
Only those of us, like myself, who attended a Catholic school (or the less frequent Anglican and other denominations) will be guarenteed of a religious education and upbringing if this case is successful.
Unfortunately, there is no religious right as such here, and they have little influence in politics or on issues such as abortion.
Even the Prime Minister is an atheist- and no one bats an eyelid.
It is a very sad state of affairs.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:01 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
See alot of preacher from the media tv and some who mentor from these preacher teach people to condemn other Christians who do not grow fast enough for them and spend their time creating or giving rise to a dark spirit of correction and demeaning each other , making the iniquity that is eroding the power Jesus has to make a difference .... See Jesus has the power to bring Great change in the very structure of nations, but need Christians participation, both in the prayer closets and at the preacher podium, and in the streets evangelism , and none of the Work of Christ is greater than the other All Are Needed............ But if the way things can get if Christians ignore Christ , then we will be headed for the road to Armageddon , and many Christians could find them self supporting the enemies of the Lord on this front ...... So how do we start ? Stop listening to veil preachers who teach tolerance to divisions and condemnation , and tell Jesus No More Here ..... See there is power when Christians step out of the iniquity of indifference , were antichrist rules....

Old 04-14-2012, 05:49 AM

88,528 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post

How sad indeed--that people continue to make incorrect blanket statements about a group just to feed their own sense of nastiness and sarcasm...while claiming some sort of superiority.

What other stereotypes and prejudices do you hang onto about other groups, OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality