Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 12:48 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,913,530 times

Advertisements

On this interesting site, you can un-baptise yourself, and acquire an UnBaptismal Certificate you can proudly frame and mount, say, in your guest bathroom!

You know, where anyone who is in there for a moment on the throne, perhaps in a "pondering modality", can then read and ponder. They may even embrace the idea for themselves, since, as this site correctly notes:

"It's your own life; it's your own decision!"

Reverse your baptism

I particularly like their obviously intelligent and thoughtful perspective:

"On this site you can undo your baptism. Whether you were baptised as a child without your informed consent, or baptised willingly as an adult, you can now make it clear you no longer accept the implications of the rite of baptism."

Hurrah for The Internet! (A quiet PS to Christians who might secretly be ashamed of their beliefs since they might have become more educated [as through these informative forum posts...] or have thought it all through and come to the only logical conclusion: we will not tell anyone if you secretly complete this step and dis-own yourself from the hysterics of Fundamentalist Christianity!

Go for it! Freedom Can Be Yours!)

Peace ,and with True Love and Understanding: I remain YrHmblSrvnt: rflmn™
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 01:32 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,939,468 times
How to unbaptize yourself ? Just more foolish garbage to print on a website.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:50 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,113 times
Just don't let the Mormons find out about it......... They'll put your name on a list to be Re-baptize by proxy after you've passed on........... Well now, seems as though I spoke too soon, they have a provision to notify the church of Latter Day Saints to not baptize you by proxy......... I like that.....

Old 03-31-2012, 02:07 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,678,248 times
Religion, with all of its associated proclamations, milestones, and symbolism, only means as much as it means to you. Want to be unbaptized? Snap your fingers, and you're done with it forever. Sure, people can tell you that you were baptized once, but if it doesn't carry significance for you, then it is undone.

I have to admit, the concept of undoing it (for a fee) is entertaining.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:55 PM

18,712 posts, read 33,372,489 times
For a fee, wow. Some people dunk in water every day and get out and dry themselves and no fee.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:56 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
It's called humor, you know, a joke...Lighten up sport.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:02 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,807,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Just don't let the Mormons find out about it......... They'll put your name on a list to be Re-baptize by proxy after you've passed on........... Well now, seems as though I spoke too soon, they have a provision to notify the church of Latter Day Saints to not baptize you by proxy......... I like that.....
Psst... ptsum, what's your DOB? It's a hop, skip and a jump to the "future dead potential mormon suggestion box" in SLC, and I'd hate to see you not saved.

Anway, unbaptisms are easy. You just need a keg, some friends, a funnel and the choice beverages of the three wise men present to "witness" the ceremony.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:32 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Psst... ptsum, what's your DOB? It's a hop, skip and a jump to the "future dead potential mormon suggestion box" in SLC, and I'd hate to see you not saved.

Anway, unbaptisms are easy. You just need a keg, some friends, a funnel and the choice beverages of the three wise men present to "witness" the ceremony.

Well let's see, how about some Smithwick, Jamison, and Michael Collins for the beverages........... and I was never baptize to begin with and I've already been saved from Christianity,I'm a heathen and they don't want me.......... afraid I'll raise too much hell to suit them....

Old 03-31-2012, 03:44 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
Heard some strange thing before , but this one will take the cake for a waste of time , as ignoring Lord Jesus and His Holy Spirit will blaspheme Holy Spirit with selfish faithless to do these strange things

Old 03-31-2012, 07:36 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,913,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Hmmm.... Where did you leave your sense of humor? Can I help you look for it?

(but btw, lots of others luvd it! And actually, I took it seriously, wanting to get out, forever, from under any of this endlessly silly stuff! Esp. since, as the website says, it was done entirely without my permission (I as only 2 at the time, and my full-on atheism had not yet completely developed... )

Well... You should have seen the looks on my Christian friends' faces when I told them I was actually going to do this, and that I could hardly wait to effectively nullify what my parents had so hastily done by assuming I wanted to be a Christian baby!

So; the next question was: would they ever do it? Well! They acted like I'd hit 'em with a Taser™ gun, and looked TRULY TERRIFIED, as though this silly splash & chant act could actually have some real effect on their lives. As though they might not "get in" through the Pearly Gates if they did it! Hee heeee.....

I s'pose some people just love the ol' fire-side rituals, complete with body paint, torches and some 'shrooms, huh, perry? Makes them feel... safe! (delusional, but safe... )

Redirect Notice

And you? How do you feel about baptism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality