Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 03:43 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Virgin births and divine conceptions are very common in the ancient religions of India, China and Egypt among other places.

I'm only speaking of Mirthra here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No religion can boast about all the prophecies about the true Messiah, Jesus before He came and which He fulfilled.

The Daniel prophecy given when he was captive in Babylon that there would be an exact number of year given from the going forth of the word to rebuild Jerusalem to the coming of Messiah was exactly fulfilled by Jesus. This is not in accord with any other religion.

Also, Jesus died for all mankind, was entombed and rose from the dead the third day. All mankind eventually will be saved due to Christ's death, burial and resurrection. This also is not in accord with any other religion.

Prior to that day the Church of the nations will meet Christ in the air (this also is not in any other religion) and will transport them all into the kingdom of the Son of His love among the celestials. Give me one religion this comes from.

And this group is going to head up all in the Christ, all in the heavens and all on the earth. (Eph.1:9-11). Not one religion ever had that.

The OP is BS.

Yet the only proof of what you mentioned ONLY came true in the bible & no where else. How does that make it true outside of your faith?

Old 04-03-2012, 03:52 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I'm only speaking of Mirthra here.
You said Christianity is unique when it comes to the concept of virgin birth.

I was explaining that it is not.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You said Christianity is unique when it comes to the concept of virgin birth.

I was explaining that it is not.

I've never ran across any so called virgin birth (Pagan or otherwise) that wasn't baised some how. Death & rebirth is very common in the Pagan belifes I will agree with you there, but there is where it ends. If you have something if offer I'd like to see it.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yet the only proof of what you mentioned ONLY came true in the bible & no where else. How does that make it true outside of your faith?
No historian could have written about the church of the nations meeting Christ in the air and being transported into the kingdom among the celestials because it has not taken place yet.

It is proof enough to know that Christ fulfilled exactly the timing as laid down by Daniel 490 years prior to it occurring. That does not need an historian to prove it correct.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:52 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
No historian could have written about the church of the nations meeting Christ in the air and being transported into the kingdom among the celestials because it has not taken place yet.

It is proof enough to know that Christ fulfilled exactly the timing as laid down by Daniel 490 years prior to it occurring. That does not need an historian to prove it correct.

I've got a question for you Eusebius? In order for your so-called messiah to fulfill certain prophecies in your sacred book, what family was your messiah suppose to come from?

Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I've got a question for you Eusebius? In order for your so-called messiah to fulfill certain prophecies in your sacred book, what family was your messiah suppose to come from?
What family do you think He came from?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
What family do you think He came from?

Well, not being a Christian and the fact that I don't believe in your sacred book, and it would seem that you appear to be such an expert on it, I figured you'd be able to answer that question. I would assume it's a very easy question to answer, since you're such an expert on the subject, or am I assuming wrong?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well, not being a Christian and the fact that I don't believe in your sacred book, and it would seem that you appear to be such an expert on it, I figured you'd be able to answer that question. I would assume it's a very easy question to answer, since you're such an expert on the subject, or am I assuming wrong?
(Joh 7:42) Did not the scripture say that out of the seed of David, and from Bethlehem, the village where David was, comes the Christ?

(Rom 1:3) concerning His Son (Who comes of the seed of David according to the flesh,

(2Ti 2:8) Remember Jesus Christ, Who has been roused from among the dead, is of the seed of David, according to my evangel,

Luke 20:41-44 Now He said to them, "How are some saying that the Christ is David's Son? (42) For he, David, is saying in the scroll of the Psalms, 'Said the Lord to my Lord, "Sit at My right, (43) Till I should be placing Thine enemies for a footstool for Thy feet."'" (44) David, then, is calling Him Lord. And how is He his Son?

Mat 1:1 The scroll of the lineage of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham.

Mat_9:27 as Jesus is passing by thence, two blind men follow Him, clamoring and saying, "Be merciful to us, Son of David!"

(Mat 1:1) The scroll of the lineage of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham.

(Mat 1:20) Now at his brooding over these things, lo! a messenger of the Lord appeared to him in a trance, saying, "Joseph, son of David, you may not be afraid to accept Miriam, your wife, for that which is being generated in her is of holy spirit.

(Mat 9:27) And as Jesus is passing by thence, two blind men follow Him, clamoring and saying, "Be merciful to us, Son of David!"

(Mat 12:23) And amazed are all the throngs, and they said, "Is not this the Son of David?

(Mat 15:22) And lo! a Canaanitish woman, coming out from those boundaries, cried, saying, "Be merciful to me, Lord, Son of David! My daughter is evilly demonized."

(Mat 20:30) And lo! two blind men, sitting beside the road, hearing that Jesus is passing by, cry, saying, "Lord, be merciful to us! Son of David!"

(Mat 20:31) Yet the throng rebukes them, that they should be silent. Yet they cry the louder, saying, "Lord, be merciful to us! Son of David!"

(Mat 21:9) Now the throngs preceding and following Him cried, saying, "Hosanna to the Son of David! 'Blessed be He Who is coming in the name of the Lord!' Hosanna among the highest!"

(Mat 21:15) Now the chief priests and the scribes, perceiving the marvels which He does, and the boys crying in the sanctuary and saying, "Hosanna to the Son of David!resent it,

(Mar 10:47) And hearing that it is Jesus the Nazarene, he begins to cry and say, "Son of David! Jesus! Be merciful to me!"

(Mar 10:48) And many rebuked him, that he should be silent. Yet he, much rather, cried, "Son of David, be merciful to me!"

(Mar 12:35) And answering, Jesus said, teaching in the sanctuary, "How are the scribes saying that the Christ is a Son of David?

(Luk 1:27) to a virgin, espoused to a man whose name is Joseph, of the house and kindred of David. And the name of the virgin is Miriam."

(Luk 1:69) And rouses a horn of salvation for us In the house of David, His boy,

(Luk 2:4) Now Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, into the city of David which is called Bethlehem, because of his being of the house and kindred of David,

(Luk 3:31) of Melea, of Menna, of Mattathah, of Nathan, of David,

(Luk 18:38) And he implores, saying, "Jesus, Son of David, be merciful to me!"

(Luk 18:39) And those preceding rebuked him, that he should be silent. Yet he much the more cried, "Jesus, Son of David, be merciful to me!"

(Joh 7:42) Did not the scripture say that out of the seed of David, and from Bethlehem, the village where David was, comes the Christ?

(Rom 1:3) concerning His Son (Who comes of the seed of David according to the flesh,

(2Ti 2:8) Remember Jesus Christ, Who has been roused from among the dead, is of the seed of David, according to my evangel,

(Rev 5:5) And one of the elders is saying to me, "Do not lament! Lo! He conquers! The Lion out of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, is to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals!"

(Rev 22:16) I, Jesus, send My messenger to testify these things to you in the ecclesias. I am the root and the race of David, the resplendent morning star."

Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:

Luke 20:41-44 Now He said to them, "How are some saying that the Christ is David's Son? (42) For he, David, is saying in the scroll of the Psalms, 'Said the Lord to my Lord, "Sit at My right, (43) Till I should be placing Thine enemies for a footstool for Thy feet."'" (44) David, then, is calling Him Lord. And how is He his Son?

Mat 1:1 The scroll of the lineage of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham.

Mat_9:27 as Jesus is passing by thence, two blind men follow Him, clamoring and saying, "Be merciful to us, Son of David!"

(Mat 1:1) The scroll of the lineage of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham.

(Mat 1:20) Now at his brooding over these things, lo! a messenger of the Lord appeared to him in a trance, saying, "Joseph, son of David, you may not be afraid to accept Miriam, your wife, for that which is being generated in her is of holy spirit.

(Mat 9:27) And as Jesus is passing by thence, two blind men follow Him, clamoring and saying, "Be merciful to us, Son of David!"

(Mat 12:23) And amazed are all the throngs, and they said, "Is not this the Son of David?

(Mat 15:22) And lo! a Canaanitish woman, coming out from those boundaries, cried, saying, "Be merciful to me, Lord, Son of David! My daughter is evilly demonized."

(Mat 20:30) And lo! two blind men, sitting beside the road, hearing that Jesus is passing by, cry, saying, "Lord, be merciful to us! Son of David!"

(Mat 20:31) Yet the throng rebukes them, that they should be silent. Yet they cry the louder, saying, "Lord, be merciful to us! Son of David!"

(Mat 21:9) Now the throngs preceding and following Him cried, saying, "Hosanna to the Son of David! 'Blessed be He Who is coming in the name of the Lord!' Hosanna among the highest!"

(Mat 21:15) Now the chief priests and the scribes, perceiving the marvels which He does, and the boys crying in the sanctuary and saying, "Hosanna to the Son of David!resent it,

(Mar 10:47) And hearing that it is Jesus the Nazarene, he begins to cry and say, "Son of David! Jesus! Be merciful to me!"

(Mar 10:48) And many rebuked him, that he should be silent. Yet he, much rather, cried, "Son of David, be merciful to me!"

(Mar 12:35) And answering, Jesus said, teaching in the sanctuary, "How are the scribes saying that the Christ is a Son of David?

(Luk 1:27) to a virgin, espoused to a man whose name is Joseph, of the house and kindred of David. And the name of the virgin is Miriam."

(Luk 1:69) And rouses a horn of salvation for us In the house of David, His boy,

(Luk 2:4) Now Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, into the city of David which is called Bethlehem, because of his being of the house and kindred of David,

(Luk 3:31) of Melea, of Menna, of Mattathah, of Nathan, of David,

(Luk 18:38) And he implores, saying, "Jesus, Son of David, be merciful to me!"

(Luk 18:39) And those preceding rebuked him, that he should be silent. Yet he much the more cried, "Jesus, Son of David, be merciful to me!"

(Rev 5:5) And one of the elders is saying to me, "Do not lament! Lo! He conquers! The Lion out of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, is to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals!"

(Rev 22:16) I, Jesus, send My messenger to testify these things to you in the ecclesias. I am the root and the race of David, the resplendent morning star."
So, according to all of the above your messiah is supposed to come from the bloodline of David, right? It only requires a simple answer, either yes or no....

Last edited by ptsum; 04-04-2012 at 03:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality