Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah888 View Post
Elsewhere, Matthew actually calls her "the other Mary." [Matt. 28:1] This other Mary is said to be the "sister" of Jesus' mother. Therefore, James and Joseph (or Joses) are Jesus' cousins and not His siblings.

Sarah
So you think there were 2 sisters. BOTH named Mary??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 12:54 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
We are all decendents from Adam and Eve,Jesus is "God in the flesh"
For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily"

If Mary had had other children, then why did Jesus, whilst hanging on the cross, place her in the care of His disciple, John? This would not have made sense if she had other children.
Jesus had no siblings. Kin in the Bible refers to brother, brethen and so on..

Sarah
Simple..."Watch out for my mum guys"...he did not place her in any ones care.. There are passages that show clearly that Mary would show up with her family to see Jesus..When they use the word brother - they mean brother.. I don't know why people want to deny the humanity of Mary and Jesus for that matter?

Also - Why would we assume that Joesph did not continue on with his wife Mary in a normal fashion and have more children? The idea of maintaining the virginity of Mary after Jesus is silly..but religiously and politically used to create Mary worship...while Joesph was tossed into the trash pile of history..Catholics are the greatest supporters of this..all their priests are called father- the NT mentions call no man father..that is not YOUR father..

You seem to have blind faith in religion - personally I don't believe that is real faith...CHRISTIANITY IS A STATE OF MIND...not a religion...Muslims will tell you this also...It's about having the mind of CHRIST..not a bible mind..that is dependent on a manual.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:11 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
We are all decendents from Adam and Eve,Jesus is "God in the flesh"
For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily"
....and this has what to to with the Messiah??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
His father was a builder not a carpenter.
Like we keep saying. It's amazing how little theists know about what they proclaim as 'truth'.

Quote:
What about History.? shall we refute the historic Jesus and his followers, the saints, biblical scholars,etc.,.

Thanks Sarah
What historic Jesus?? Do you know something that the rest of the world doesn't?

Old 04-12-2012, 03:14 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
His father was a builder not a carpenter.

Its not a lot of difference in the two back then. But if you read the bible, and I am not trying to cause you to do that kind of read, but if you look closely at Matthews 13:55;" Is not this the carpenters son? Is not his mother called Mary and his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?

Jesus is clearly known as " The Carpenters Son." Because Joseph was a Carpenter; but you are not incorrect is saying he was a builder, your incorrect in denying he was a Carpenter.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:15 PM

Jesus was actually the one who created the Universe and earth. Also animals and Adam and Eve, as well as all primordal humans. John 1:3'" All things came into being by him ( Jesus, then the Word), and apart from him nothing came into being that has come into being." Obviously under Gods direction, it was Jesus who did the actual creating, he even installed evolution into being, and made changes in primordal man many times. This includes all Angelic beings and any other things which exist that we are not aware of.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 PM

496 posts, read 483,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Simple..."Watch out for my mum guys"...he did not place her in any ones care.. There are passages that show clearly that Mary would show up with her family to see Jesus..When they use the word brother - they mean brother.. I don't know why people want to deny the humanity of Mary and Jesus for that matter?

Also - Why would we assume that Joesph did not continue on with his wife Mary in a normal fashion and have more children? The idea of maintaining the virginity of Mary after Jesus is silly..but religiously and politically used to create Mary worship...while Joesph was tossed into the trash pile of history..Catholics are the greatest supporters of this..all their priests are called father- the NT mentions call no man father..that is not YOUR father..

You seem to have blind faith in religion - personally I don't believe that is real faith...CHRISTIANITY IS A STATE OF MIND...not a religion...Muslims will tell you this also...It's about having the mind of CHRIST..not a bible mind..that is dependent on a manual.
Basically this area has been studied for hundreds of years by people who spent their whole lives studying the subject. Your arguing something which has met every argument possible. Why? because all these people are just like you, they want to get at the truth and meaning from a Christian perspective.

Watching the history channel and pop science is not going to educate people. It is suffocating contemporary thought. A person needs knowledge to argue what your suggesting in the Christian story. Knowledge that has been made available via nihil obstat through RC in its exclusive elimination of non-sense, backed up by years of overview and evaluation. Your not going to do what your trying without a committee including a research dept over many years . Even properly attempting is chasing after a loosing cause because its been done.... Its as simple as that. Objectively speaking.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-12-2012 at 10:22 PM..

Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Jesus was actually the one who created the Universe and earth. Also animals and Adam and Eve, as well as all primordal humans. John 1:3'" All things came into being by him ( Jesus, then the Word), and apart from him nothing came into being that has come into being." Obviously under Gods direction, it was Jesus who did the actual creating, he even installed evolution into being, and made changes in primordal man many times. This includes all Angelic beings and any other things which exist that we are not aware of.

When we doubt the existence of Jesus, we are doubting our own image. This is one reason why some people cannot find themselves. One reason why a human can live their entire lives, and still not know who they are.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:05 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
According to Matthew 1:20, concerning Jesus physical conception; " For that which has been conceived in her ( Mary's womb), is of the Holy Spirit." This means that Jesus physical body was not the result of male spamodazoa being fertilized by Marys womb, it was the result of what God placed inside of her and used her womb to carry him for 9 months. And that is significant and implys many , many things that people don't readily consider.

One, he is the ONLY human ever conceived as such! So he was human, but he was also " More than human!" He was the firstborn human conceived by the Holy Spirit of God! And that has some serious implications that go along with it. No human male genes were imparted into him by male spamodazoa, yet he was born male.

And the reasons for that are very interesting!
Certainly, Jesus was conceived without father: the father means the sperm and the seed: means he belongs to a certain father by sperm; I agree with the OP in most of this.

But in this respect, Jesus was born in a miraculous way: without father; the mother was used as a vessel to carry the fetus or embryo.
Which is similar to the creation of Adam without father or mother.

Another important point:
Jesus was an angel in heaven prior to his coming down from heaven according to a command of God to enter the body of the fetus formed in the womb of Mary the mother of the Christ.

The angel is a human being in origin; he lived in a past planet of a past solar system that had been broken up in a past Doomsday. Then after he died, he went to heaven because he was righteous in his material life on that past planet, then God clothed him with an ethereal skin --> and he became an angel.

So he was a man in a past planet; he had a father and a mother there on that planet to whom he belonged in the lineage; and therefore he cannot have two fathers; he has his father in heaven also to whom he belonged in lineage.

But the mother: no objection: he can have more than one mother: the mother womb will be a vessel to carry him.

So Jesus had his Mary as his mother on earth, but cannot have any father: his father is a man living there in heaven.

And I think this may explain: why he did not marry: because the children will be of curtailed lineage: who will be their grandfather?

This is my opinion and the opinion of some of my friends: we derived it from the interpretation of the late Mohammed Ali Hassan Al-Hilly who said:

"Jesus was an angel who came down from heaven and entered the body of fetus formed in the womb of Mary. Then after accomplishing his duty, he returned back to heaven in the neighborhood of his God Almighty."

Old 04-13-2012, 03:02 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Jesus was an angel in heaven ....
2012....and there are some people who believe in angels!! Oy vey!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Certainly, Jesus was conceived without father: the father means the sperm and the seed: means he belongs to a certain father by sperm; I agree with the OP in most of this.

But in this respect, Jesus was born in a miraculous way: without father; the mother was used as a vessel to carry the fetus or embryo.
Which is similar to the creation of Adam without father or mother.

Another important point:
Jesus was an angel in heaven prior to his coming down from heaven according to a command of God to enter the body of the fetus formed in the womb of Mary the mother of the Christ.

The angel is a human being in origin; he lived in a past planet of a past solar system that had been broken up in a past Doomsday. Then after he died, he went to heaven because he was righteous in his material life on that past planet, then God clothed him with an ethereal skin --> and he became an angel.

So he was a man in a past planet; he had a father and a mother there on that planet to whom he belonged in the lineage; and therefore he cannot have two fathers; he has his father in heaven also to whom he belonged in lineage.

But the mother: no objection: he can have more than one mother: the mother womb will be a vessel to carry him.

So Jesus had his Mary as his mother on earth, but cannot have any father: his father is a man living there in heaven.

And I think this may explain: why he did not marry: because the children will be of curtailed lineage: who will be their grandfather?

This is my opinion and the opinion of some of my friends: we derived it from the interpretation of the late Mohammed Ali Hassan Al-Hilly who said:

"Jesus was an angel who came down from heaven and entered the body of fetus formed in the womb of Mary. Then after accomplishing his duty, he returned back to heaven in the neighborhood of his God Almighty."

Interesting views; in my belief, I don't see Jesus as an Angel, because Angels are created, Jesus was conceived by God, not created. I arrive at this from John 8:42 where Jesus said;" I proceeded forth and came from God." In 1John 5:1 Jesus is described as " Born of God", not created. No Angel was ever born of God in my understanding of things. In John 7:29 again Jesus reveals that he is " From God."

In John 1:18 it states a profound revelation;" No man has seen God at any time; ( then it refers to Jesus and for one of the few times I have seen, refers to Jesus as a God, which probally should have been properly rendered " Son") " The only beggotten God ( Son), who is " In the Bosom of the Father"- he has explained God. Again the theme of Jesus comming from Gods bosom, he is called " Begotten" and first " Born from God."

I think this is ample proof that Jesus was far different than Angels; at one time he was made " Lower than Angels", which connotates he was prior " Above them." And now he sits at Gods right hand. So Jesus is above Angels, born directly from Gods inner self, and is lower than God the Father.

Now, what that makes him, God or demi-God, I am just not sure at this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality