Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:05 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,896 times

Advertisements

from view of christians , is incest an abomination ?
if yes tell me why ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 09:28 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,108,064 times
Here's the only post you're going to get from me on this subject.
This is not a serious inquiry coming from a desire to learn.
This is a question that comes from the desire to bait Christians and start an argument.
I advise every Christian to ignore this topic.
If this guy needs ANY reasoning as to why incest is wrong, then anyone who knows him should call a psychiatric hospital, the police or both because he is both crazy and dangerous.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Here's the only post you're going to get from me on this subject.
This is not a serious inquiry coming from a desire to learn.
This is a question that comes from the desire to bait Christians and start an argument.
I advise every Christian to ignore this topic.
If this guy needs ANY reasoning as to why incest is wrong, then anyone who knows him should call a psychiatric hospital, the police or both because he is both crazy and dangerous.
that is right
anyway , if christians afraid from this argument , they can ignore it .
for you information i dosn't encourage it atall , but i wanted to know if they have relegous reasons , that is it

peace

Last edited by elwill; 05-10-2008 at 09:50 AM..

Old 05-10-2008, 11:46 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,904 times
Not being a Christian I will not answer for them, but having studied genetics I will assure you it is not a good practice. The odds of offspring with genetic issues increased many times in areas of incest. Even in small gene pools (not incest) the lack of outside genetic variation will allow genetic problems related to both parents having a resessive gene with negative benefits in common.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:12 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
There are states than BAN cousins from marrying...there are states that permit it.

If you want to look at the Bible, there were certainly cases of incest there. After all, if we are all descended from Adam and Eve...and those were the ONLY people around, there MUST have been SOME kind of incest going on at some point, right?

Just saying.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Not being a Christian I will not answer for them, but having studied genetics I will assure you it is not a good practice. The odds of offspring with genetic issues increased many times in areas of incest. Even in small gene pools (not incest) the lack of outside genetic variation will allow genetic problems related to both parents having a resessive gene with negative benefits in common.
thank you for your sharing

my basic reason for make this thread is because i saw some christians here refused homosexuality to be a sin , thier proofs is that it's mentioned in old testament only . so that i wanted to know from them the situation of incest because this sin also not meantioned in NT
by thier logic , if homosexuality isn't sin , so the same is incest

Old 05-10-2008, 12:49 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,678,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
There are states than BAN cousins from marrying...there are states that permit it.

If you want to look at the Bible, there were certainly cases of incest there. After all, if we are all descended from Adam and Eve...and those were the ONLY people around, there MUST have been SOME kind of incest going on at some point, right?

Just saying.
Yes, there are several instances of incest in the bible

Old 05-10-2008, 03:49 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Well correct me if I'm wrong but after the supposed Great Flood had left Noah and family as well as a male and female of every animal in the world the Bible seems to be telling us that the earth was repopulated by the survivors. The only possible explanation would be that inbreeding and incest was how this happened. Afterall, the single pair of kangaroos for example must have had at least one male and one female offspring who would have no other kangaroos to mate with except for each other since all of the others had drown. The same would be true of the surviving humans. That's just another reason I find this story to be so impossible to believe.
It is true that incest in unnatural and unhealthy and animals in the wild know this instinctively. If breeding populations get too small genetic problems start to occur and birth defects and all sorts of physical problems become common.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Then there were the offspring of Adam & Eve. They'd have to have "bunny" fun a lot and they'd have to be related because mom & dad were the only people on earth. Unless they mated with our cousins, the ape, and started evolution through incest.

I never thought of that theory before... hmmmmmm.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:26 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,192,008 times
My guess is that incest is a sinful because the genetic problems that might occur. Some believers in biblical inerrancy hold that God created human DNA without any flaws--thus, during the times of Adam and Eve there was no reason to outlaw incest. And indeed, it wasn't until many years later (during the time of Moses) that God gave the command to outlaw incest--perhaps once our genetic material was corrupted enough to cause problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality