Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 09:09 AM

69 posts, read 68,651 times

Advertisements

As an ignostic/igtheist, I find God to be no more than a square circle or married bachelor and therefore cannot exist! By analysis,not by dogma, we gnu atheists rightly dismiss God. And as that circle implies, the probability of His existence is aught!
My form further notes that ignosticism pervades our naturalists arguments against Him. In total, as the the arguments for Him fail, He has no referents and again cannot exist.
Why, the Lamberth atelic/teleonomic argument alone refutes all referents for His very existence.
The real query is psychological, and here per Lamberth's reduced animism and Lamberth's non-genetic argument, theists themselves with their arguments from happiness-purpose and from angst boomerang on them, affirming our naturalistic arguments why they believe, and therefore they don't commit the genetic fallacy. See the thread why believe in God.
We naturalists as one philosopher puts it, have fun in exposing the arguments for Him, and I add like educating others on how to have that more abundant life without Him, and its mind exercise!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
You can believe in afterlife of some kind without basing on "ancient religion". Quite easily, in fact.

There is nothing that SAYS the multiverse is REAL. There is only theory. Yet you. Believe it.

Again, you claim the universe is full of mystery and surprising behaviors, yet refuse to consider outside what we know of it, which is les than 1%.
I personally don't necessarily "believe" in a multiverse. I think it's possible. One of the great unsolved problems in physics is reconciling the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics. Some theoretical physicists have developed mathematical models - called string theories - which attempt to do this. And these models predict the possibility of multiple dimensions and multiple universes. But there are lots of problems with these models as well.

Todate there is no empirical evidence that mulitiple dimensions or universes exist. But there are lots of Nobel Prizes in physics waiting to be awarded for those who can solve these mysteries. ;-)

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 05-02-2012 at 09:22 AM..

Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
With the laws of existence we have definte Anthropic Principles with show then definte purpose and design. Earths magnetic field, if it were much weaker, our planet would be devasted by Cosmic Radiation. Conversely, if it were much stronger, we would be devasted by severe electromagnetic storms. Again this is obvious deliberate design, which is a simple proof of God.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
With the laws of existence we have definte Anthropic Principles with show then definte purpose and design. Earths magnetic field, if it were much weaker, our planet would be devasted by Cosmic Radiation. Conversely, if it were much stronger, we would be devasted by severe electromagnetic storms. Again this is obvious deliberate design, which is a simple proof of God.

With this type of percision one can scientifically deduce the existence of God, or one can fear the existence of a God, and give this uncanny percision over to random luck.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:29 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
With this type of percision one can scientifically deduce the existence of God, or one can fear the existence of a God, and give this uncanny percision over to random luck.

What is the chain of logical inferences that get from geomagnetism to God?

Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post

Oh I wish you could see the glory of it; if only I could give you eyes to see the smooth transition from geomagnetism to God. The laws of existence are wide in variance, but Gods creation follows rules, rules that God made for us to figure out, and figure out his existence. Fundamentally mathmatical rules and none of these laws have been broken, and no new laws have been created by anyonelse.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:04 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh I wish you could see the glory of it; if only I could give you eyes to see the smooth transition from geomagnetism to God. The laws of existence are wide in variance, but Gods creation follows rules, rules that God made for us to figure out, and figure out his existence. Fundamentally mathmatical rules and none of these laws have been broken, and no new laws have been created by anyonelse.
Your post appears to have absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Not entirely true, and deliberate design has nothing to do with it...Earth's magnetosphere is weakening at a fairly rapid pace at this point in time...In fact it was 10% stronger when it first began to be measured in 1845...

Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Well thats what I mean by if I could give you eyes, or a better understanding of what I mean.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:

One of the laws of existence is the law of attraction ; and I see it as an " Inspired Action", stunning proof of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality