Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:00 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,721,905 times

Advertisements

We discuss so many facets of religion on this forum that I have often wondered if there are other sides to the people I interact with. Somedays we beat religion to a pulp...and sometimes each other too! So this thread is to take a break and find out if all you like to talk about is religion. In the spirit of being on CD, please name a few other forums you visit and why you're interested in them. I'll post a few in no particular order.

Health & Wellness - I enjoy this forum because I'm on a weight loss challenge at work and reading the threads is encouraging. Plus Karla with a K is a sweetheart!! And because my kids and wife have so many health issues this forum helps me learn from other's experiences.

Other Topics - I enjoy this forum because when I need to kick back, relax and take a break from the debates here in religion that forum usually makes me smile! Plus my favorite over there is VPcats! If you don't know her...she'll make you laugh your you-know-what off. She's a riot!

Weather - I've recently begun visiting this forum as our temperatures here in Minnesota have dipped regularly in the 50s. It's now in the upper 60s and it feels like a heat wave. No comments ILNC! And when I go to the Weather forum I usually think about our dear weatherologist. With a name like that she should be moderator over there.

Parenting- Well let's see. I'm a parent, so going to parenting has helped me in many areas of my parenting skills. I haven't been there in awhile but should frequent more often. And now that we have Gizmo980 as a seasoned mod I am able to jump into other forums and "play" from time to time.

And I just thought of this one. Anything exciting happening in your life outside of City-Data? You may not want to add this but feel free to do so. For me I start school tonight. I'm headed back to college to get my master's degree so I'll be just a bit busy with studying and all that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 07:08 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
We discuss so many facets of religion on this forum that I have often wondered if there are other sides to the people I interact with. Somedays we beat religion to a pulp...and sometimes each other too! So this thread is to take a break and find out if all you like to talk about is religion. In the spirit of being on CD, please name a few other forums you visit and why you're interested in them. I'll post a few in no particular order.

Health & Wellness - I enjoy this forum because I'm on a weight loss challenge at work and reading the threads is encouraging. Plus Karla with a K is a sweetheart!! And because my kids and wife have so many health issues this forum helps me learn from other's experiences.

Other Topics - I enjoy this forum because when I need to kick back, relax and take a break from the debates here in religion that forum usually makes me smile! Plus my favorite over there is VPcats! If you don't know her...she'll make you laugh your you-know-what off. She's a riot!

Weather - I've recently begun visiting this forum as our temperatures here in Minnesota have dipped regularly in the 50s. It's now in the upper 60s and it feels like a heat wave. No comments ILNC! And when I go to the Weather forum I usually think about our dear weatherologist. With a name like that she should be moderator over there.

Parenting- Well let's see. I'm a parent, so going to parenting has helped me in many areas of my parenting skills. I haven't been there in awhile but should frequent more often. And now that we have Gizmo980 as a seasoned mod I am able to jump into other forums and "play" from time to time.

And I just thought of this one. Anything exciting happening in your life outside of City-Data? You may not want to add this but feel free to do so. For me I start school tonight. I'm headed back to college to get my master's degree so I'll be just a bit busy with studying and all that!

This post is confusing. Isn't this the Religion section of the forum? Isn't that like saying "there's too much chicken at this KFC"

Old 09-17-2007, 07:14 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
I go to a lot of other forums. Of course I check out North Carolina and the games and I like the photography forum. Also the weather, oh poor Hoosier, did you have to turn off the heater The health and wellness is pretty informative too.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:17 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,878,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
This post is confusing. Isn't this the Religion section of the forum? Isn't that like saying "there's too much chicken at this KFC"
KFC is definitely more delicious than religion!

Old 09-17-2007, 07:18 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,279,193 times
Default Huh?

You mean there are other forums?

Take gentle care

Old 09-17-2007, 07:28 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,721,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
You mean there are other forums?

Take gentle care

Yes you must get out more often June! And yep KFC is great!!! Just wanted to mix it up a bit today. Feel free to throw some religion into the mix since this is the forum for it!

Old 09-17-2007, 07:29 AM

679 posts, read 1,439,965 times
Quote:

Old 09-17-2007, 07:33 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,005 times
LOL, guilty as charged, I confess- - - I visit other forums - -.

Weather What can I say, I am a weather junkie, I got hooked on the Weather Channel around March of 93, when we had a huge ice storm. After watching, um, after our power came back on, I realized there's a whole world out there filled with weather. I can keep up with a hurricane that may or may not hit the US Gulf, see all the snow in the Northern states and...uh oh, now ya got me started....

Relationships - I visit the Relationship forum occasionally to find out if anyone knows how to have a life away from CD..no just kidding, there are a couple of threads I follow, one of course being the continuing saga of Rance and Sweden. What a love story unfolding right before our very eyes. And I sometimes see silly questions asked and can't help but to put my two cents into the mix.

Other Topics - Sometimes, I wander on over to the game forum to see Jeepgirl and others I've become acquainted with. IF I have had a very hard or stressful day, playing those games gets me in a better frame of mind.

The Forum - I pop into the Forum to find out what's new and see what might be going on.

Food - I cook a lot so it is only natural to pop on over to the Food forum, just to see what's cooking.

Mississippi - Being the patriotic person I am, I mosey over quite often to my state forum to find out what people are talking about, if anyone has questions, and to defend my state if need be.

And, I occasionally hit the button for New Posts, just to see what people are talking about. Sometimes one can find the most interesting things on there.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:41 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,191,100 times
Oh yeah, The Business and Finance, Education, Health, House and Political Discussions. Actually, now that it has cooled off a good bit, I will probably spend more time out of the house. I also visit my State and Home Town Forums.

The Religion Forum is interesting, not only for information, but a good look at how some minds work.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:00 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
I visit other forums and enjoy other conversations, but usually after I am through with whatever I am doing here in the religion forums I enter the real world of housework, errands, and just taking care of business I go to other topics and have just started visiting the bool forum..Sometimes when I "cruise the forums" I see some of the family out and about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality