Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:16 AM

179 posts, read 333,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by ikester7579
So because God is the Creator it is all right for Him to allow racism to exist? Or that it is not religion's fault that they condone racism by turning a blind eye to it?
I was using that comment as an example to what you would say. Which shows that it is OK when Darwin does it, but it's not for anyone who disagrees with Darwin views.

Quote:
So you are saying that we should actually strike at everyone who could strike at us before they do so? That a preliminary strike is just?
That we should kill babies before they could grow into the enemy?
Good one. Ignore what was said. They strike at us first on a small scale (terrorist attack like 9-11). Do we, or do we not declare war for around 3,000 of our own people dead?

Quote:
What you don't get is that we do already reap what we sow.
If we keep a whole society poor where they have no effective conventional military weapon to strike at who they perceive is that keeps them poor, they will eventually strike via unconventional weaponry (like modern airplanes). The Japanese with their kamikaze pilots in WWII have proven that a plane is a flying bomb.
So how did the current laws that exist in our universe evolve so that we can make the weaponry we have developed? Did the laws come out of thin air like the matter for the big bang? Poof, here is the matter. Poof, here is the laws for the matter. Not very scientific.

Quote:
So now we are back to square one now, how bad are we willing to win a war?
Do we fall back to the savage ‘scorched earth strategy’ or do we pretend to still be ‘civilised’?
When did we become more civilized as we kill each other in increasing numbers? Or could you claim, and show evidence that murder is on a downslide?

Murder where I live has increased by 1000 percent in about a 10 year period. So murder makes us civilized?

Quote:
In spite of our great advances in modern science man has still not evolved spiritually.
Is there a need to?

Quote:
I would even claim that because of our modern weaponry man has devolved spiritually.
The spirit does not make us do temporal things. Or flesh does.

Quote:
We have become so perverted that we can turn any scientific advancement (no matter how benevolent) into a weapon.
True, and I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 04:29 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
In fact, where did Hitler get his prototype for the concentration camps? From America, from our examples of rounding up the native Americans at camps and later Reservations. These ideas of inherent superiority and privilege at the expense of others are as old as life itself. Sad but true.
He also got his ideas from Martin Luther who wrote about the Jews. Martin Luther was actually against the Jews.

"And they are quick to point out how through religion, everyone kills. And religion is the sole driving force to why anyone gets killed. Basically, all Christians are killers."

I find it so strange how they blame Christianity for all the wars. If we had no religions man would still have wars because of greed. I am not saying that Christians haven't started wars, just that greed is the main reason.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by ikester7579
Quote:
Good one. Ignore what was said. They strike at us first on a small scale (terrorist attack like 9-11). Do we, or do we not declare war for around 3,000 of our own people dead?
What you Americans don't get is that you CANNOT go to war on terror. Terror has no civilisation, terror has no country and everyone who is able to fear is a potential terrorist.
If you Americans decide to go on a war against terror you also have to fight yourself (like in the Civil War) but I won't see that happening. Because you take no responsibility for the actions your American government has taken throughout history. When you go on a war on terror you eventually have to fight yourself. But instead you rather point at your dead and hold only the terrorists responsible. But who educated these terrorist? Who gave them the means and motivation?

It is so easy to see things in black and white isn't it? To say that only you Americans are the good guys and the Muslims are to blame.
You do not even know who your enemy is, let alone realize that you can't wage a (physical) war on terror.
All you want to do is strike out because you have been struck yourselves, without examining who actually delivered the first blow. And this is how all wars begin, through 'righteous indignation'.
See how easy it is to not follow Jesus and strike out at the enemy instead of turning the other cheek?

Old 10-03-2007, 07:09 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
And if a congress decides not to go to war because they don't like war. And therefore we lose the chance at first strike, and so they strike at us instead. What do you think allows such decisions to be made? And why do you think things like that happen?

Yep, you hit that nail on the head. So next time we have a 9-11 event happen, what do you think our response will be? Probably nothing. So what do you think the terrorist will do at that point when they figure out we are cowards?

Reap what you sow.
No.. next time I hope we actually invade a country that had something to do with it.. instead of having everythign to do with oil..

but there I go again.. derailing the thread.. my bad. Apologies.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 AM

679 posts, read 1,439,823 times
Isaac, isn't it? Look, you're serving up some entertaining stuff here. How much of this do you get from the inmate Hovind? Your evolution of strawmen is a hoot.

So if I'm reading you right, Darwin was a racist and so by extension evolution is in the business of racism and teaching Darwin and evolution in schools would make people racists and doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past and we'd be creating Hitlers yet at the same time, putting more faith in modern science, such as evolution, actually would make us less inclined to go to war if we're attacked, let alone initiate preemptive strikes.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
He also got his ideas from Martin Luther who wrote about the Jews. Martin Luther was actually against the Jews.

"And they are quick to point out how through religion, everyone kills. And religion is the sole driving force to why anyone gets killed. Basically, all Christians are killers."

I find it so strange how they blame Christianity for all the wars. If we had no religions man would still have wars because of greed. I am not saying that Christians haven't started wars, just that greed is the main reason.
I have seen no evidence of Hitler reading Martin Luther material. Do you have any evidence that shows Hitler admitting to reading Martin Luther?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
Isaac, isn't it? Look, you're serving up some entertaining stuff here. How much of this do you get from the inmate Hovind? Your evolution of strawmen is a hoot.
Sorry, not a Hovind clone. Nice try though.

Quote:
So if I'm reading you right, Darwin was a racist and so by extension evolution is in the business of racism and teaching Darwin and evolution in schools would make people racists and doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past and we'd be creating Hitlers yet at the same time, putting more faith in modern science, such as evolution, actually would make us less inclined to go to war if we're attacked, let alone initiate preemptive strikes.
Can your beliefs be totally removed from you writting? Even newer translations of the bible contain the transaltors belief in what he thinks the word of God means.

Darwin, who basically had very, very, little evidence for evolution. Wrote his book on faith and belief that more evidence would be found. It was also the same reason he projected his belief that the "cilvilized races of man would eliminate the salvage races around the world". And that part of the original title of his book said: Favored races. Who are the favored races?

And where do you think this idea came from?
Muslim Clerics: The Jews Are the Descendants of Apes, Pigs, And Other Animals

Islam says that jews were bread from dogs and other animals. And that Christians were bread from pigs. This same method was used by Hitler to de-sencatize the Nazis about killing the jews. So where do you think Hitler got the idea from? So when 9-11 happened, what do you think the killers thought they were killing? Humans, or pigs?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:54 AM

679 posts, read 1,439,823 times
Quote:
Islam says that jews were bread from dogs and other animals. And that Christians were bread from pigs. This same method was used by Hitler to de-sencatize the Nazis about killing the jews. So where do you think Hitler got the idea from? So when 9-11 happened, what do you think the killers thought they were killing? Humans, or pigs?
This is not a commentary on Evolution but rather a commentary on the people using Evolution to justify their ignorance and hatred. This is no different than blaming the Beatles because Manson said Helter Skelter made him do what he did.

Quote:
Darwin, who basically had very, very, little evidence for evolution. Wrote his book on faith and belief that more evidence would be found. It was also the same reason he projected his belief that the "cilvilized races of man would eliminate the salvage races around the world". And that part of the original title of his book said: Favored races.
1) More evidence was found. That's how Science works. Someone makes some observations, forms a theory and later people accumulate evidence to either disprove or prove.
2) If Darwin believed one race was better than another than obviously he was wrong and this has no bearing on Evolution or subscribers to TOE. Personally I think he confused culture with race, but in his time (and sadly still to a large degree today) the cultures or nations of one race (white) were far advance of and fully exploiting other cultures made up of non-white races. Predicting that the whites would eliminate the others was less of a wish as it was a weather forecast.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:23 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
Many evolutionist imply the evolution has a saint hood type past. And has never been involved in anything that has killed anyone. And they are quick to point out how through religion, everyone kills. And religion is the sole driving force to why anyone gets killed. Basically, all Christians are killers. Because if atheist never kill, then what's left to do the killing? So what's always implied about Christians when this is always brought up? So I do a thread on how so many evolutionists not ony oppress through racism. But use it as an excuse to eliminate the weaker race.

And yes, these are Hovind pics. But I challenge anyone to prove the quotes wrong. Because if you can, not only will I ask a mod to remove them from here, but I'll remove them from my site as well.

So first we have the whole name of Darwins book:

And to back up the book, Darwin also said:

Now evolutionists will argue that it is the races of animals he is referring to. Most laughable.

Then we have those who will say that all male Christians are sexist. What does Darwin say?

Then we have evolution promoting racism right on american soil. But this is covered up by the evolutionists. Happened right in one of our own fairs.

Then we have another zoo display of a human for evolutiontion.
Ota Benga: The Story of the Pygmy on Display in a Zoo
Comparative History of Ideas: CHID PUBLICATIONS (http://depts.washington.edu/chid/intersections.php?article=1994d - broken link)
Ota Benga - The Pygmy in the Zoo (broken link)

Blame the Christians as they most. But having the evidence that they did the same thing makes them hypocrites.

Hypocrite: Hypocrisy is the act of pretending to have beliefs, virtues and feelings that one does not truly possess.
one has to keep in mind that the european sphere was that way at that time. anyone with different skin, religion, culture etc... was "lesser". and it was that way BEFORE Darwin. keep that in mind.

yes, many people did use evolution to push racism. but compare the numbers today. look at all the active hate groups out there and ask them if they favor creation or evolution... the people that study evolution today tell us that there isn't even such a thing as race, and that race is merely a socially constructed concept with a lot of holes.

what i pry when i mention all the nasty things humanity has done to each other over religion, is that it goes against everything religion has to say. people aren't supposed to kill each other,cheat on their spouses, and yada yada. but the history of christiany shows that people have mostly taken what they wanted from christianity, and didn't do any of the hard part that they were supposed to do, and when they did it was for a token good deed or good publicity. they took whatever chapter it needed to push their agenda at the time, and treated their book like a buffet, and this still happens today.
As a member of a religion that waves "gods word" around, one should rise above that and not act like a monkeys descendant, like the heathens without faith do.

us non religious heathens and out silly science don't claim any god, or any book. hypocrisy of Darwin is nothing compared to the thousands of years of religion.

Last edited by cleatis; 10-08-2007 at 11:41 AM..

Old 10-08-2007, 11:53 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,483 times
also, i feel i should mention the "savage" races, were referring to groups like the american Indian. Was manifest destiny inspired by the missing link? those groups were annihilated by the "civilized" races. But how many evolutionist atheists claimed their land for Australopithecus? or forced a native to mine gold in the name of homo habilis? how many evolutionists intentionally gave Indians disease ridden blankets to wipe them out?

if evolution brings such hatred, and inspires such racism surely you could find a list of ten or so evolutionists, that inspired racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality