Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:34 PM

32 posts, read 92,307 times

Advertisements

I have pasted the following quote from GCSTroop... Which he does make an strong challenge to Believers... Why is it that people with missing limbs or children born with Down Sydrome don't receive miracle healings?

Quote:
GCSTROOP SAID..."If you want to call it a higher power fine, I call it nature. What I mean is this: I have never seen an amputee regenerate a limb. Never. Whether someone lost it in an accident, a war, or was born without a limb, I have never once seen God regenerate this limb. If someone prayed for a limb to grow back and it occurred than I would see this as divine intervention. Yet, God seems to shun amputees for some reason. Because, through all of history I can't recall one scenario where someone said "I prayed, and the next day my severed arm was reattached and fully functional." Nope, not once, never. So, as I've said before on this board, pick a dismembered person from the Iraq casualties report, and get a prayer for him going. Heck, get a whole church going, no even more, start a website for everyone in the country and around the world who wants to pray for this guy who lost a limb and the only thing that you will have is a let down. If you can do this, and the guy grows his leg or arm back, then I'll join you in Church on Sunday."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 PM

356 posts, read 1,129,392 times

YouTube - Can World's Strongest Dad

I am no religious person, but many disabled people see their lives as full. I work with people who have HIV and many of them say that HIV helped to save their lives (emotionally and spiritually). The youtube video here is pretty incredible and this seemed like a good place to put it. THe father in this video completed 100's of marathons and triathalons just because his disabled son asked him to. God or no God life can have fulfillment. I wish I could say that I am half the person the father in this video is.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
I'm an amputee myself and no my leg has never grown back after 26 years. However,thank God for giving man the adeptness and knowledge to build prosthestic limbs (legs) so that I and others alike can walk again and live a normal life . So God does not shun amputees.By the way, the German people make the best prosthetics in the world. I give all the glory to God.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
To heal is usually thought to mean To fix something that is wrong. There is nothing wrong with a missing limb or eye. It just isn't there. There's nothing there to fix.

The Downs Child is something else. There is still nothing "wrong" he/she is just different. Different in the same way that a severly retarded child is. He/she was created differently, but not wrong.

I know that this is a simplified view of a serious burden, but it's the only way I can accept certain things. Things that are not "wrong" but still seem very grievious. How could anyone cure something that is not wrong, but just different?

Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM

443 posts, read 1,541,693 times
Whatever happened to 'anything is possible with god!'?

Old 10-04-2007, 03:35 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTbound View Post

YouTube - Can World's Strongest Dad

I am no religious person, but many disabled people see their lives as full. I work with people who have HIV and many of them say that HIV helped to save their lives (emotionally and spiritually). The youtube video here is pretty incredible and this seemed like a good place to put it. THe father in this video completed 100's of marathons and triathalons just because his disabled son asked him to. God or no God life can have fulfillment. I wish I could say that I am half the person the father in this video is.
they played this video at a promise keepers meeting..there were probably 100000 men there..and i bet there wasnt a dry eye in the place.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:41 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,823 times
Quote:
but it's the only way I can accept certain things.
That's it in a nutshell.
There was an apologetic excuse posted some time ago about amputees that basically said that it's not something to be cured, it's a loss. Apparently under the god plan, loss is not covered much like how Katrina victims whose houses are ruined due to water damage aren't covered because Katrina wasn't a flood, it was a hurricane (read your fine print). The god plan does not cover lost limbs or protection from iron chariots. But you have to cook up excuses if you're a believer because "it's the only way [you] can accept certain things".

Why won't god heal amputees

Old 10-04-2007, 03:47 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Well, miracles do require faith and I think that it may be none of us have strong enough faith or anointing to see that tand didn't doubt in ype of miracle. Jesus said if we had had faith as a grain of mustard seed and didn't doubt in our heart we could speak to the mountain and tell it to be thrown into the sea and it would obey us. Most of us don't have the level of faith to not doubt in our heart at least at some level. And no I'm not saying the only reason some people don't get healed is lack of faith, but I think that may be why we never see this kind of miracle.

Last edited by kaykay; 10-04-2007 at 03:58 PM..

Old 10-04-2007, 03:54 PM

218 posts, read 708,460 times
He said "I AM", in him there IS fulfillment and wholeness.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:57 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,042 times
"I asked for healing... He gave me strength to bear it"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality