Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Billy Graham, one of gods main mouthpieces is a waffling, flip-flopping hypocrite and a bigot.

Original page reads:
Quote:
What is a cult?

A cult is any group which teaches doctrines of beliefs that deviate from the biblical message of the Christian faith. It is very important that we recognize cults and avoid any involvement with them. Cults often teach some Christian truth mixed with error, which may be difficult to detect.

There are some features common to most cults:

• They do not adhere solely to the sixty-six books of the Bible as the inspired Word of God. They add their "special revelations" to the bible and view them as equally authoritative.
  • They do not accept that our relationship to Jesus Christ is a reality "by grace through faith" alone, but promote instead a salvation by works.
  • They do not give us Jesus Christ the divine Son of God full recognition as the second Person of the Trinity composed of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Some of these groups are Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, the Unification Church, Unitarians, Spiritists, Scientologists, and others.
Today, the site only says:
Quote:
Our apologies, but the article you requested doesn't exist.
BGEA: What is a cult?

Last edited by Asheville Native; 10-16-2012 at 08:43 AM..

Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Billy Graham, one of gods main mouthpieces is a waffling, flip-flopping hypocrite and a bigot.

Original page reads:
Today, the site only says:
BGEA: What is a cult?
Odd just the other day he endorsed Romney (a Mormon).

Mr Graham is a few years older than me. I have to admit I no longer have all the thought ability I had say 20 years ago. Perhaps the old boy is slipping even more than I have.

I've always like Billy in spite of never agreeing him. this statement seems to be out of character for the "Billy Graham" I remember.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:58 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
I think, like many of us, that he has made a call on character. Obama tries to be one with all humanity and is like a chameleon. Romney at least believes in God and good moral living. How could Graham support a man that promotes the homosexual agenda and abortion?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:11 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
It's disappointing that they removed the link. Truth is truth. Still, I can understand why he would support Romney over Obama. I agree with Bideshi.

Ash, glad to see you're reading BG's website.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It's disappointing that they removed the link. Truth is truth. Still, I can understand why he would support Romney over Obama. I agree with Bideshi.

I understand why he would not support Obama. What I don't understand is how he could make such a statement about Mormons and then Support Romney. It seems like if he felt that strong he should have chosen to not support either.

His best choice would have been to have not made his bigoted statement if he was going to offer his Support of Romney.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:22 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

His best choice would have been to have not made his bigoted statement if he was going to offer his Support of Romney.
Are you speaking about calling Mormonism a cult? I'm sure that opinion came long before anyone ever heard of Romney.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Are you speaking about calling Mormonism a cult? I'm sure that opinion came long before anyone ever heard of Romney.
Yes that is what I am referring to.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:

The fact that Billy Graham rolled over for political reasons made the front page of the local paper, and local to the bigoted hypocrite with bible in hand that lives just east of here. http://www.citizen-times.com/article...nclick_check=1

Of course the key is that after BG (jesus jr.) spewed his hate about gays earlier this year (NC Amendment One) Obama said he had no problem with gays, this biblical buffoon would embrace what he has always refereed to as a cult over someone tolerant of gay people. How very christian of him

Even the local preachers panned the actions of this bloviating god bigot:
Quote:
Asheville pastors said they were not impressed with the meeting between the Grahams and Romney and noted that any shift in the evangelical association’s view of Mormonism would be unusual.

The Rev. Joe Hoffman, of First Congregational United Church of Christ, said he believes Romney met with Graham for political gain.

The Rev. Keith Ogden, of Hill Street Baptist Church, put it more bluntly last week, saying the meeting was “hogwash.”

Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Is he embracing a cult - or is he simply voting choosing one man over another for president - which are two entirely different things?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:46 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
You know how there are Billy Graham stickers on the backs of cars when he comes to a big city and fills an auditorium or a stadium? I think to myself that those are places I really wouldn't want to be. My voting choice reflects that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.