Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,475 times

Advertisements

How do you feel about cremation? Is there anything about the practice of cremation that is prohibited or not in line with your religion or spiritual views?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
How do you feel about cremation? Is there anything about the practice of cremation that is prohibited or not in line with your religion or spiritual views?
Nope. I refuse to have a sappy funeral or waste real estate with my decaying body. Cremation + celebration party. If someone's god doesn't like it, tough raspberries.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:57 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,704 times
Cremation seems to be a good practical way to dispose of a body.
Or if your up in the cold harsh climate of Tibet with frozen rocky soil then the best way would be to let the wildlife eat you.
Soylent Green
Or just toss me in the land fill.
Feed me to the goats.
I’m not to picky but the goats might be

Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Why are atheists responding to a thread about religion and cremation?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Got no issue, myself. To the cremation thing, that is.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Why are atheists responding to a thread about religion and cremation?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Why would you care? I, with an open mind, am always interested in what people think about things like this.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,336 times
I don't like the idea of cremation - does not seem natural.

burning signifies pain and destruction, not how God wanted our bodies to end up IMO.

do you see animals burning each other?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I don't like the idea of cremation - does not seem natural.

burning signifies pain and destruction, not how God wanted our bodies to end up IMO.

do you see animals burning each other?
Apparently god does not care about your opinion.

If a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you." -- Leviticus 20:14
"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the *****, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." -- Leviticus 21:9
"Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt." -- Genesis 38:24
"He that is taken with the accursed thing shall be burnt with fire, he and all that he hath. ... And Joshua ... took Achan ... and his sons, and his daughters ... And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire." -- Joshua 7:15, 24-25

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." -- John 15:6
"The Lord Jesus ... in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God ... who shall be punished with everlasting destruction." -- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
"The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God ...he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone ... And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever." -- Revelation 14:10-11
"The fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." -- Revelation 21:8

Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
My wife & I are Christians. We've left instructions with our family that we want to be cremated. I told my kids I want my ashes scattered on any baseball field, because of my love for the game.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My wife & I are Christians. We've left instructions with our family that we want to be cremated. I told my kids I want my ashes scattered on any baseball field, because of my love for the game.
Well, Motte just cremated the Giants throwing 99 mph aspirin tablets at them.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Well, Motte just cremated the Giants throwing 99 mph aspirin tablets at them.
Not a Cardinals fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality