Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

I don't mean to creep anyone out, but I have recurring dreams about meeting people I have lost through death or whom I haven't seen for many years, showing up in heaven after I die. In these dreams, I get the chance to apologize for mistakes I made, and finally get to tell people how much I loved and appreciated them when they were alive. I receive great relief and peace from this.

I realize that this is probably a relatively common phenomenon, and that it may have been discussed on this board before, but.....is there any possibility that our fate may be to actually experience these kinds of things when we pass on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 04:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I don't mean to creep anyone out, but I have recurring dreams about meeting people I have lost through death or whom I haven't seen for many years, showing up in heaven after I die. In these dreams, I get the chance to apologize for mistakes I made, and finally get to tell people how much I loved and appreciated them when they were alive. I receive great relief and peace from this.

I realize that this is probably a relatively common phenomenon, and that it may have been discussed on this board before, but.....is there any possibility that our fate may be to actually experience these kinds of things when we pass on?
nobody comes back to tell us do they?
thats a hard one. better loveem a lot now.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-09-2007, 05:39 PM

436 posts, read 1,174,323 times
i think we will see them. and i think they already know that we are sorry. and i think when we do see them again things will different.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:43 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
I don't know your religious background, Yeledaf,, but from a Christian standpoint it is implied, thoiugh not directly stated in 1Thessalonians that those who know Christ will be re-united with their loved ones who also know Christ.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:57 PM

443 posts, read 1,541,567 times
Appreciate those you love every single day you have together.

Remember how they touched your life after they are gone.

Instill in those who will live on after you the love and wisdom you've received in your life.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:15 PM

258 posts, read 790,531 times
Often guilt can cause us to have such dreams. I was 2000 miles away from my father when he passed away (years ago) and to this day I dream about him in some way every single night. We were very close and I feel so guilty that I was gone when he died that I am brought together with him in my dreams each night. Jesus promised a resurrection of the dead, won't it be wonderful when we can all be reunited and finally do right by our loved ones, no cause for guilt.

Last edited by tennesseedreamin; 10-10-2007 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-10-2007, 02:35 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Yeledaf,
Near Death Experience cases show that you can be reunited with loved ones. There are several cases, for example, of a person having an NDE, seeing a loved one that this person DID NOT KNOW WAS DEAD, and then coming back and being told the news after the NDE.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-accounts.html

Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times
No one knows for sure, but there is no evidence to support such wishful thinking. I know how you feel, however.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
To have enough faith to be sure to see our loved ones some day in heaven helps mend our broken hearts in the grieving process. God has promised us a reunion at the end of the days when all will be resurrected with spiritual bodies and we will all be of like minds..IMO sometimes God sends dreams to ease our grief. I believe that sometimes angels help us overcome our grief..Many years ago I lost my gramma, whom I was so close to. I felt my heart was breaking that first week. One day I saw gramma far away down the sidewalk, she turned, waved and I saw her smile..I was comforted, I knew gramma was happy and wanted me to be happy for her I was 20 years old

Old 10-11-2007, 02:08 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
To have enough faith to be sure to see our loved ones some day in heaven helps mend our broken hearts in the grieving process. God has promised us a reunion at the end of the days when all will be resurrected with spiritual bodies and we will all be of like minds..IMO sometimes God sends dreams to ease our grief. I believe that sometimes angels help us overcome our grief..Many years ago I lost my gramma, whom I was so close to. I felt my heart was breaking that first week. One day I saw gramma far away down the sidewalk, she turned, waved and I saw her smile..I was comforted, I knew gramma was happy and wanted me to be happy for her I was 20 years old
Don't you know... since what happened to you isn't "documented," according to JakeDog, it could not have happened!
Everything must be documented!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality