Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 PM

81 posts, read 128,163 times

Advertisements

It's with great pleasure that I see that the world is turning and people start to question religion in many parts in the world (but not all). There are several statistics which show this and I think the trend is pretty clear. I mean, it's 2012...how can educated people with some sort of a brain still believe in all the fables.

The places in the world where the importance of religion is not decreasing is of course in the "great" countries that have no democracy, no creativity, no women's rights, intolerant and question religion in these places will get you in deep trouble. If you are so into religion why don't you move to these great countries. I wrote another post about my views on it: http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-spirituality/1571809-non-religius-countries-do-much-better.html

Here are just a few examples of the decrease of the fables of religion:

Religion may become extinct in nine nations
A study using census data from nine countries shows that religion there is set for extinction, say researchers. The study found a steady rise in those claiming no religious affiliation.
Full story here: BBC News - Religion may become extinct in nine nations, study says

Irish losing their religion fastest among western countries
Globally, those claiming to be religious, drops by 9 per cent, while atheism rises by 3 per cent. This compares to a drop of 22 per cent among the Irish population claiming to be religious.
Full story here: LifeSiteNews Mobile | Irish losing their religion fastest among western countries: global survey

Church Attendance in America
Less than 20% of Americans regularly attend church
Full story here: 7 Startling Facts: An Up Close Look at Church Attendance in America - ChurchLeaders.com - Christian Leadership Blogs, Articles, Videos, How To's, and Free Resources

Sweden & Norway - The first and second least religious countries in the world - Irreligion by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1. Number one in the number of women in the parliament, congress
2. Give most in percentage of their nations GDP (Gross Domestic Product) to other poor countries
3. Top 10 in least corrupt countries
4. Top rankings in many other "good" stats

Somalia & Afghanistan plus many more
1. Top 10 in the most religious
2. Worst countries for democracy
3. Worst women's rights
4. Most intolerant etc etc
5. Many other "bad" statistics

It is interesting that the least religious countries have the best rankings on some of the most important things for a society and the most religious countries have the worst rankings. If religion would be a good thing wouldn't it be the opposite?

List of countries by Failed States Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In my opinion....The less religion in a society the more people care about each other, have more rights, more democracy, more creativity plus many more things.

I rest my case on this one....Thank (god) I'm living in a country where religion is not important at all...

Any one agree or disagree with the overall concept....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
God is the only way.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
God is the only way.
Then I recommend the country of Somalia for you and not Sweden and Norway for you to live....I think they agree with you that "God is the only way"....

Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsweeting View Post
Then I recommend the country of Somalia for you and not Sweden and Norway for you to live....I think they agree with you that "God is the only way"....
And North Korea for you.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:21 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
God is the only way.
Moderator cut: delete Initial reaction is to chuckle, then the utter sadness of the situation sinks in.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-09-2012 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: a tad over the top on the insult to him

Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
It's with great pleasure that I see that the world is turning and people start to question religion in many parts in the world (but not all). There are several statistics which show this and I think the trend is pretty clear. I mean, it's 2012...how can educated people with some sort of a brain still believe in all the fables.
Clearly demonstrated that the countries that still cling to the ignorance of religion are easy to identify. These are the countries that are constantly at war, or threatening war with the other countries that cling to their religious ignorance.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
And North Korea for you.
Did you read my post:

"Also notice that I have in this thread written that non-religious democratic countries are the the best place to live. I wrote "Democratic". I don't include dictatorships such as North Korea, Vietnam, Soviet Union to be democratic. Many religious people argue that these are examples of "what non-religious countries have done". Once again, the best places for creative thinking, giving to other poor countries, having many women in top government positions, living on top of all nations in a satisfactory life are in non-religious democratic countries".

But if you choose these countries before Sweden and Norway be my guest...

Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned Initial reaction is to chuckle, then the utter sadness of the situation sinks in.
My sadness goes out to you also without even a chuckle.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-09-2012 at 05:31 AM..

Old 11-08-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
My sadness goes out to you also without even a chuckle.
Don't bother, I am quite content in the freedom of not having a head full of mindlessly stupid fantasies/fears about this fairy tale monster you call god.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 PM

392 posts, read 248,222 times
Quote:
SECULAR SWEDEN:CRIME RATES/ALCOHOLISM/SUICIDE/WELFARE/DRUGS/MURDER

It should also be recognized that Christianity is not a bastion exclusive to well-doers, but the home of those who are willing to turn or are turning to life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality