Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Here is a more accurate version:

Gen 1:1 Created by the Elohim were the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 Yet the earth became a chaos and vacant, and darkness was on the surface of the submerged chaos. Yet the spirit of the Elohim is vibrating over the surface of the water.

So in Genesis 1:1 God created the heavens and the earth. The earth BECAME a chaos and vacant. Then day one to day five God made what was already created, habitable again.

As to Noah, I think you have way to much vitriol to calmly consider the facts.
Oh. I see. You meant to say "A more selective or convenient to MY argument!" version, didn't you?

As well, you now demo for all of us the typically evasive Christian argument that "I think you have way to much vitriol to calmly consider the facts."

Yup. That'd sure be it all right!

But btw, and in fact, I have participated at length, before I learned the tactics of the fundamentalist Christian denialists here (like you..) in a thread about two years ago, in which we all pursued a detailed technical review of all the components of the utterly silly Ark story.

I and several other professional scientists, engineers and just plain thinkers, expended all the logic necessary to totally debunk it on all of the technical grounds that it's supposedly propped up on, including an objective review of that ridiculous recent NAMI ARK finding scam (those corporate Chinese scam artist folks have, btw, now been taken to court.

How very convincing of their honesty and credibility! And yet, so many fundies, right here on C-D, defended them to the end, claiming that in a lone half-day's trip in bad weather, and with no good measurements or photos, PROVED they'd found THE Ark... <cue the audience laughter. >))

If you ever choose to directly and honestly answer just a few simple questions, we can proceed without any vitriol. (But then... how often have I asked for that honest response? Oh at least 10 times by now. But you always and predictably, as just now above dodge out like an eel...).

And so. Where are the honest, truthful and open-minded Christians? Nowhere to ever be found or engaged, apparently. Nowhere. Ever.

Prove me wrong, Big E, Else shuuuusshhhh! Your most sincere and inner fears are showing, and it's embarrassing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 04:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Oh. I see. You meant to say "A more selective or convenient to MY argument!" version, didn't you?

As well, you now demo for all of us the typically evasive Christian argument that "I think you have way to much vitriol to calmly consider the facts."

Yup. That'd sure be it all right!

But btw, and in fact, I have participated at length, before I learned the tactics of the fundamentalist Christian denialists here (like you..) in a thread about two years ago, in which we all pursued a detailed technical review of all the components of the utterly silly Ark story.

I and several other professional scientists, engineers and just plain thinkers, expended all the logic necessary to totally debunk it on all of the technical grounds that it's supposedly propped up on, including an objective review of that ridiculous recent NAMI ARK finding scam (those corporate Chinese scam artist folks have, btw, now been taken to court.

How very convincing of their honesty and credibility! And yet, so many fundies, right here on C-D, defended them to the end, claiming that in a lone half-day's trip in bad weather, and with no good measurements or photos, PROVED they'd found THE Ark... <cue the audience laughter. >))

If you ever choose to directly and honestly answer just a few simple questions, we can proceed without any vitriol. (But then... how often have I asked for that honest response? Oh at least 10 times by now. But you always and predictably, as just now above dodge out like an eel...).

And so. Where are the honest, truthful and open-minded Christians? Nowhere to ever be found or engaged, apparently. Nowhere. Ever.

Prove me wrong, Big E, Else shuuuusshhhh! Your most sincere and inner fears are showing, and it's embarrassing!
Just more vitriol. Ever thought of getting help?

Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Just more vitriol. Ever thought of getting help?
Ahhnnndddd... see folks? Here's what I asked for:

"If you ever choose to directly and honestly answer just a few simple questions, we can proceed without any vitriol."

...and he labels it "vitriol". Proving yet one more time that that he is truly incapable of answering any question without a dodge.

QED (look that one up too, "E")

meantime, since I luvz yah, I 'll offer you this option...

The Center for Psychological Services - Home

Old 01-05-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Ahhnnndddd... see folks? Here's what I asked for:

"If you ever choose to directly and honestly answer just a few simple questions, we can proceed without any vitriol."

...and he labels it "vitriol". Proving yet one more time that that he is truly incapable of answering any question without a dodge.

QED (look that one up too, "E")

meantime, since I luvz yah, I 'll offer you this option...

The Center for Psychological Services - Home
The venom of asps is under their lips.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:46 PM

Asps have come to occupy a very useful niche in this world's evolved ecology. Let's compare, shall we?

http://pestcontrolcanada.com/INSECTS/bymudd_s.jpg

They thus exist to get rid of the overpopulation of far less intelligent but far more consumable prey species, such as the general masses of illiterate and mulling... bugs.

Like these...

http://www.pinnaclepest.com/gal/132372623312010.jpg

Sting. Munch. Gone!

Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
What does that mean, and what does it have to do with Noah's Engineering Skills?

Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM

794 posts, read 1,409,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What does that mean, and what does it have to do with Noah's Engineering Skills?
It means "You've defeated every point I raised with solid facts, so I'm going to derail the thread with personal attacks so I can pretend you were running scared"

Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:

Why do our modern day scientist and weathermen tell a lie to us every day when the say "the sun will rise today at such and such a time and set at such and such a time? Do they think we are that stupid? Or do they know the sun does not really rise and set?
And now we see the source of your ignorance. You are unable to discern the difference between commonly understood vernacular metaphors and immutable literal truth. You think, in Genesis, God really did create a universe in which the sun set, but somewhere along the way, he changed the organization of the universe so the sun didn't set anymore, and amazingly became the center of the solar system and the source of all earth's light, but that's OK, we just take it as an article of faith that the sun really did set in the times of Genesis, and some day we're going to wake up in the morning and discover that t'is back the old way again. Such a change in the universe, to you, is more probable than that the authors of Genesis misunderstood a few things and leapt to some unwarranted conclusions.

Quote:
Umm, yea, sure, uhhuh, whatever.

Last edited by jtur88; 01-07-2013 at 02:56 PM..

Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
And now we see the source of your ignorance. You are unable to discern the difference between commonly understood vernacular metaphors and immutable literal truth. You think, in Genesis, God really did create a universe in which the sun set, but somewhere along the way, he changed the organization of the universe so the sun didn't set anymore, and amazingly became the center of the solar system and the source of all earth's light, but that's OK, we just take it as an article of faith that the sun really did set in the times of Genesis, and some day we're going to wake up in the morning and discover that t'is back the old way again. Such a change in the universe, to you, is more probable than that the authors of Genesis misunderstood a few things and leapt to some unwarranted conclusions.
No, that is patently false as to what I believe. I do not believe in Genesis the sun actually set.

Does Genesis say the earth is the center of the solar system as you intimate? Really?

If you can't be honest, if you can't quit posting straw-man arguments, then don't answer to my posts.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
It means rifleman's posts to me are so venemous and filled with vitriol that the verse "the venom of asps is under their lips" comes to my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality