Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2007, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,879 times

Advertisements

As children we always have big dreams. Some of us have dreams of becoming doctors and curing the world. Some dream of becoming A-list actors or singers receiving top awards on televsion. We dream of growing up to be big time lawyers, or athletes, etc.

Though some of us do achieve these dreams, often times as we grow older, we watch those goals and dreams slip further and further away. At one point we may even become dissapointed in ourselves which may strain relationships.

Again, we all have to realize that life has its purpose for everyone.

I had childhood dreams that I honesly have not fully achieved. Yet, as I reflect on my life, I am satisfied. Just one of my greatest accomplishments was when I became a father to a child that was not my own (I dislike the term Stepfather).

The love for my daughter developed instanly when we first met and was the same feeling I had when I watched my son being born.

As I do have more accomplishments my point is this....

If you do your best to be a good parent and roll model to your children you are a success. If you achieve the hard and sometimes difficult task of having a long commited relationship, you are a success. Just being a close, reliable, and honest friend makes you successful. The list can go on.

Sit back and think about your life and I'm sure you will find many great accomplishments and then allow feelings of happiness fill your soul.

Moderator cut: Advertising

Last edited by gizmo980; 10-20-2007 at 05:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 05:51 PM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,327 times
That's so true Bee Line.
I can honestly say how something as generic as Little League Baseball can provide enough thrills and memories to last an entire lifetime.
Everyone brings something to the table of life, and each has blessings and gifts from God.
Some folks are gifted in a particular subject, and some in a particular activity like a sport, talent or vocation.
People often have a tendency to see their neighbor, cohort or sibling and to think how much better off, talented or wealthy they are compared to themselves.
But in reality, everyone is very much equal.
A car is a car that will take each of us where ever we need to go, whether it's old or new, cheap or expensive. Even riding a bike or taking a bus has it benefits & rewards to reap.
It's all about our view and attitude about life. Sure, life can get everyone down as some point or other, but with forums like this and uplifting posts like the OP, it's evident how important and rewarding family relationships and a commitment to any child can be. Whether it's a minute, a smile, a kind word, or a lifetime commitment, being kind to a child in need is an opportunity to receive a blessing from God.
Some people have careers, some have families, some have friends, some have neither and others have a smorgasboard of successes and failures. We can all learn from each other about how to appreciate what we temporarily have and not to take anything for granted, not even a little.
Children grow up very quickly, so every parent should enjoy every moment of parenthood while they can. If someone isn't, maybe they'd consider donating time to an organization like Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

Last edited by sun; 10-20-2007 at 06:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality