Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:12 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,201,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Living Lord God said in the Bible from Exodus 20: 2-5.....`` I am the Lord your God which have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage...You will have no other gods before me ...You will not make to you any graven image . or any likeness that is in heaven above , or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth .....You will not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them, for I the Lord your God am a Jealous God , Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and forth generation of them that hate me ...``........See God said No So If people hate God than curses will come on people which will be very hard to remove with out Jesus Christ and His authority...... See these other gods and nothing more than fallen angels who hold the curses of other gods , and these fallen angels are rejected by the Living Lord God , So the Living Lord God will keep people under curses of fallen angels , because if they want then fallen angels god then the Living God say You can have them , and You will not like them , But only Lord Jesus will bring liberty from these curses through Obedience to Jesus commands .....
Quoting the bible gets you nowhere.
Its just a book.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Personally, I talk to God all day long, off and on depending on what's going on.

He answers me back in my heart.

Really
You're talking to your counscience reassuring yourself about life and it makes you feel good.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
You're talking to your counscience reassuring yourself about life and it makes you feel good.
HAHAHAHA - actually some of what God tells me in my heart is not "reassuring" at all!

Only others who talk with Him will understand what I mean

Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
HAHAHAHA - actually some of what God tells me in my heart is not "reassuring" at all!

Only others who talk with Him will understand what I mean
I can't believe people still think like this.

Maybe im spoiled living in a big city and in a generation where religion is seen as the fairy tale it is.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
1st Commandment: "Other Gods Suck."

Old 02-26-2013, 08:02 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
God is eventually going to make them righteous and justify them due to what Jesus did (Romans 5:18,19).

God is eventually going to reconcile them due to the blood of Christ's cross (Colossians 1:20).

God is eventually going to head them all up in Christ (Ephesians 1:9,10).

God is eventually going to save them all (1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10,11).

God is eventually going to be All in all of them (1 Corinthians 15:22-28).
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
To steal a line from Bill Maher................

Well, what's he waiting for?
He is waiting for the consummation of the eons.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Quoting the bible gets you nowhere.
Its just a book.
Quoting atheist scientist's books gets you nowhere.
They are just books.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
I can't believe people still think like this.

Maybe im spoiled living in a big city and in a generation where religion is seen as the fairy tale it is.

There may well come a day or a moment of crisis, quiet or traumatic, when you realize just how very much you want to believe that God is actually there for you talk to also.

And in that same instant you may be horrified to think he won't listen or hear you because of all that "big city noise" and your prior choices to reject him.

But when that happens, my hope for you (and I mean this most sincerely) is that you will remember I said this to you - God loves you. He is always waiting right there, right next to you for an invitation into your life. Even in your last second of life on this earth it is not to late to reach out for Him.

Laugh or ridicule me now if you need to - but please remember I told you this!

Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
1st Commandment: "Other Gods Suck."
Not only that, but they don't exist. They're not real.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Quoting atheist scientist's books gets you nowhere.
They are just books.
Nobody quoted a science book in this topic.
But if you insist.
Quoting and using information from a reviewed and established science book does get you "somewhere"

It got you the computer you're using right now.
It got you the meds you're taking.
It got you the building your living in.
It got you the food you eat. Without ammonia/nitrate crops couldn't be grown and half the world would be dead.

No "God" would save them
No God would build you a safe house with heat and plumbing.
No God would cure you.

I was hoping to get some good answers, but all I get is "because the bible says so" or "I know/believe/my heart"

And if that's the case then mods might as well close this.

No point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality