Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,201,566 times

Advertisements

And I'm not talking about similar gods from religions with similar roots.(Muslims, Christians, Jews)

I mean Gods like Ganesha, Ra, Quetzalcoatl, Thor, Zues, etc.

Why are they fake and your God is not?

Think outside your Western world box.

There's 7 billion people on this planet.. Some who live in remote areas and have never even heard of your God.
What happens to them?

Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Default So religious people. why don't you believe in other Gods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
And I'm not talking about similar gods from religions with similar roots.(Muslims, Christians, Jews)

There's 7 billion people on this planet.. Some who live in remote areas and have never even heard of your God.
What happens to them?
There is ONLY ONE God. There are no other ones TO believe in. Our fallible beliefs do not define God. That is human arrogance, vanity and hubris.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:52 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,999 times
Quote:

What happens to them?

I am a monotheist. I believe that there is a single entity out there. And I believe that we worship the same one. It is our understanding and how we put it into action that is different.

Some of us see it as the single entity expressed in Judaism and Islam. Others see it as the Trinity. And some see it as a pantheon of multiple deities and in both opposition and in concert with each other. None are "fake"; they are just a different understanding.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:00 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Perhaps study each particular faith in order to understand the reasons why. Christians, Muslims and Jews are not all Western or Westernized, and therefore do not simply live in that box. Not to mention, Christianity, Islam and Judaism all began in the East. Please also emember that other religions are nothing new to many people. Just like other believe in their gods, we believe in our God.

What happens to other people who have not heard of our God? They will be judged according to what they know. "To whom much is given, much is required."

Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:

What happens to them?

I do not see anything in my belief that rules out the possibility of other supernatural beings that could be viewed as gods by humans. I do believe that on more than one occasion Jinn that are Shaytan(Satans) have convinced people they are gods. It is also possible that some of the righteous Jinn may have been misidentified as gods by some people. Just as people have mistaken Angels to be gods.

However, by the definition of God(swt) I am thinking in terms of an Omnipotent, Eternal being that has created all things. This reduces the concept of God(swt) to being a singular entity. The one who is all powerful and the only one worthy of worship.

I can not prove that Ganesha, Ra, Quetzalcoatl, Thor, Zues, etc. did not nor do not exist. But, none meet the criteria of being omnipotent and being the only one worthy of worship. In my opinion it is of no concern if they do exist or did exist. They are not the singularity worthy of worship.

As for those who live in remote areas and have not had the opportunity to learn of the one God(swt) I do not believe they will be judged for that which they have neither the knowledge of nor ability to worship. They will be judged only for that which is within their ability and free will.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:06 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Theists don't believe in the thousands of gods - they pick just one. I agree with them, but believe in just one fewer than they do.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Because there is only one God....YHWH.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:58 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is ONLY ONE God. There are no other ones TO believe in. Our fallible beliefs do not define God.
You mean, like the fallible belief in the God you think is the "one" God?
Quote:
That is human arrogance, vanity and hubris.
Yes, it sure is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet Bravo View Post
I am a monotheist. I believe that there is a single entity out there. And I believe that we worship the same one. It is our understanding and how we put it into action that is different. Some of us see it as the single entity expressed in Judaism and Islam. Others see it as the Trinity. And some see it as a pantheon of multiple deities and in both opposition and in concert with each other. None are "fake"; they are just a different understanding.
This is a "cover all the bases" approach. It is, also, non-coincidentally, the only approach that retains theism without engaging in the human arrogance, vanity and hubris that MysticPhD alluded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Theists don't believe in the thousands of gods - they pick just one.
Or they don't.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 AM

794 posts, read 1,409,608 times
Quote:
There is ONLY ONE God. There are no other ones TO believe in. Our fallible beliefs do not define God. That is human arrogance, vanity and hubris.
But which one is it? I think Odin myself.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:32 AM

794 posts, read 1,409,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Because there is only one God....YHWH.
How can you deny the evidence of their extistence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality