Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 05:27 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times

Advertisements

Thread inspired by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So what created god?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
For the five billionth time: What created god?
And the fact the question has been answered a million times.

So once again..........pay attention boys:

No one and nothing. And the word "created" implies a creator, BTW.

Says as much in the Book.

God exists outside of space and time-as well as in it. That's how it is in the spiritual (not physical) world. Theology 101.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
ROFL! This is why I love CD. It has an endless supply of entertainment with all that brain-twisting gymnastics and absurd, illogical justifications to explain something that doesn't even exist.

So according to your logic, we can't use the term "create" when it comes to the origins of god, but we MUST use the term "create" when talking about the origins of the universe!

Best of all, the reason for the above absurd notion is because someone wrote it in a book so it MUST be true! HAHAHAHA!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Best of all, the reason for the above absurd notion is because someone wrote it in a book so it MUST be true! HAHAHAHA!
So, I gather you never use books. Ever?

As for me, I used books all thru college. Still do to this day. Books contain all sorts of knowledge. Try Books. I think you will be pleased.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
How about:

If god is - how did s/he/it come to be?

My answer would be the same as for most of life's Great Questions:

I don't know.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How about:

If god is - how did s/he/it come to be?

My answer would be the same as for most of life's Great Questions:

I don't know.
Fair and honest.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:18 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,407,446 times
God has always been and He is the Creator.

brushrunner

Old 04-05-2013, 07:46 PM

140 posts, read 132,852 times
When I went to school. Science class taught us that light is a constant;

Now today's Science (changes its mind again) Light is not a constant - In fact it has been proven that light is actually slowing down.

I can't wait to hear what they have to reveal next. Science will prove it - just wait until they change their minds (again).

Actually if you go back through time - Science has a pretty dismal record of being wrong and then correcting itself.

Space does not go on for ever (as once thought) Two things science can't find or locate

1. randomness 2. infinity

In fact: According to the bible - Space can be "torn" shaken - rolled up (as a mantle) and even worn out as a garment. space is not an empty vacuum (as once thought). A great book to read: How to teach your dog quantum physics.

God said: Let light be (and it was instantaneous) Every time all throughout the bible - when ever God did something - it was always instantaneous.

If the earth was created billions & billions of years ago: The facts don't add up. The moon would have "dust" on it several feet thick. That was a major concern when they landed on the moon; We found out the dust is only a mere inch or so deep.

Science can't prove or disprove God - so they pretend He doesn't exist. They spew all sorts of untested theory's and conjecture. Fact #1 We can only observe the present - We cannot test the past.

A big Thumbs up brushrunner - The Alpha & Omega The Creator of All Things; Visible & invisible.

The Return of Jesus Christ is going to be the most earth shattering event in human history LITERALLY!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM

142 posts, read 120,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Thread inspired by this:

And the fact the question has been answered a million times.

So once again..........pay attention boys:

No one and nothing. And the word "created" implies a creator, BTW.

Says as much in the Book.

God exists outside of space and time-as well as in it. That's how it is in the spiritual (not physical) world. Theology 101.
Such hilarity!

"Everything needs a creator! Except for what I say is the creator, it doesn't! Because I say so!"

Old 04-05-2013, 08:06 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,790,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperZ View Post
When I went to school. Science class taught us that light is a constant;

Now today's Science (changes its mind again) Light is not a constant - In fact it has been proven that light is actually slowing down.

I can't wait to hear what they have to reveal next. Science will prove it - just wait until they change their minds (again).

Actually if you go back through time - Science has a pretty dismal record of being wrong and then correcting itself.
Actually I think that is probably the best feature of the scientific method. Unlike dogma, it is self correcting! Not only that, when you look at much of science, it is not only self correcting, but it is incrementally improving our accuracy.

for example, Newtonian mechanics was the standard for a long time. Then, as we learned more and more, and added new information to what we know, the model started to fall apart. We found that instead of having to scrap our understanding of Newtonian physics, we could augment it with General and Special Relativity and get a better approximation of what was happening. Time goes on, and again we hit the limits of what our existing theories can explain, so Quantum mechanics was developed as a way to extend the model. We still keep refining and extending to this this day.

I think it is a little odd that you believe that somehow the scientific method should instantly produce complete knowledge of everything or it is useless. Seems like a silly standard to hold for anything, really.

-NoCapo

Old 04-05-2013, 08:12 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Actually, I would call it fantasy 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality