Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 02:15 PM

22 posts, read 70,611 times

Advertisements

Below is an article that I recently wrote. It concerns the Omega Point cosmology by physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler, which is a proof of God's existence based upon the most reserved view of the known laws of physics (i.e., the Second Law of Thermodynamics, General Relativity, and Quantum Mechanics). For anyone who has ever wondered about such questions as what the meaning of life is, what the purpose of their own life is, whether there is life after death, whether God exists, what the future holds for humanity, and why anything exists at all as opposed to nothingness, then this article answers all of those questions using the known laws of physics.

This article further provides an examination of the globalist political power-elite: history is given on their organizational structure and their methods of accumulating power; and analysis is given on where they're attempting to take the world, i.e., their self-termed New World Order world government and world religion.

The article furnishes documentation on what the globalist oligarchy's ultimate goal is. This ultimate goal of theirs most popularly goes by the name of transhumanism: immortality through technology. However, I explain in the article that the coming radical life-extension technologies create a fundamental dilemma for the oligarchs, which is why they must dominate world society before such technology becomes a reality. The details of that dilemma are explained in Sec. 8.2.2: "The Mark of the Beast" of the article.

Thus, this article explains to people what is to occur and why it is to occur, so that they will not be in ignorance as to the events that are to unfold.

Below one can download the article. The article is in PDF format.

James Redford, "The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of Everything", Social Science Research Network (SSRN), January 20, 2012 (orig. pub. December 19, 2011), 185 pp.

The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of Everything by James Redford :: SSRN

The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of Everything by James Redford :: SSRN

MOD EDIT

Last edited by linicx; 01-28-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 08:14 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,287,578 times
I see physics, history, politics, technology and religion mixed in the comments.

What is Omega Point? Would someone be kind enough to enlighten me in a sentence or two? I don't wish to be unfair to anyone. Thanks

Old 01-28-2012, 09:46 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,513,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Redford View Post
Below is an article that I recently wrote. It concerns the Omega Point cosmology by physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler, which is a proof of God's existence based upon the most reserved view of the known laws of physics (i.e., the Second Law of Thermodynamics, General Relativity, and Quantum Mechanics). For anyone who has ever wondered about such questions as what the meaning of life is, what the purpose of their own life is, whether there is life after death, whether God exists, what the future holds for humanity, and why anything exists at all as opposed to nothingness, then this article answers all of those questions using the known laws of physics.

This article further provides an examination of the globalist political power-elite: history is given on their organizational structure and their methods of accumulating power; and analysis is given on where they're attempting to take the world, i.e., their self-termed New World Order world government and world religion.

The article furnishes documentation on what the globalist oligarchy's ultimate goal is. This ultimate goal of theirs most popularly goes by the name of transhumanism: immortality through technology. However, I explain in the article that the coming radical life-extension technologies create a fundamental dilemma for the oligarchs, which is why they must dominate world society before such technology becomes a reality. The details of that dilemma are explained in Sec. 8.2.2: "The Mark of the Beast" of the article.

Thus, this article explains to people what is to occur and why it is to occur, so that they will not be in ignorance as to the events that are to unfold.

Below one can download the article. The article is in PDF format.

James Redford, "The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of Everything", Social Science Research Network (SSRN), January 20, 2012 (orig. pub. December 19, 2011), 185 pp.

MOD EDIT
Thank James for coming. I think you topic is better served here than in the religious forum. I hope this will lead to a good debate (through scientific means) on the validity of the omega point.

P.S. to all other poster I invited James here after seeing his post in another forum. Let me also say that I'M NOT A SUPPORTER OF THIS THEORY. I've already put up some critiques in the religion forum about theory which I may repost here later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
I see physics, history, politics, technology and religion mixed in the comments.

What is Omega Point? Would someone be kind enough to enlighten me in a sentence or two? I don't wish to be unfair to anyone. Thanks
Here the wiki version. I'll just put in some the scientific stuff that supposedly gives the theory some legs. Pay attention to Tipler in particular which Mr. Redford relies on much of his own paper of the subject. (Still sifting through it, it very long.)

Omega Point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Garcia and increasing creativity

Main article: Total creativity

In 1971, John David Garcia expanded on Teilhard's Omega Point idea. In particular, he stressed that even more than the increase of intelligence, the constant increase of ethics is essential for humankind to reach the Omega Point. He applied the term creativity to the combination of intelligence and ethics and announced that increasing creativity is the correct and proper goal of human life. He specifically rejected increasing happiness as a proper ultimate goal: when faced with a choice between increasing creativity and increasing happiness, a person ought to choose creativity, he wrote. But the two are exclusively connected to where human kind is always finding creative ways to be happy.

Tipler

Main article: Frank J. Tipler

Frank Tipler uses the term Omega Point to describe what he maintains is the ultimate fate of the universe required by the laws of physics. Tipler identifies this concept as the Christian god and in later writing, infers correctness of Christian mythology from this concept.[citation needed] Tipler (1994) has summarized his theory as follows:
The universe has finite spatial size and the topology of a three-sphere;
There are no event horizons, implying the future c-boundary is a point, called the Omega Point;
Sentient life must eventually engulf the entire universe and control it;
The amount of information processed between now and the Omega Point is infinite;
The amount of information stored in the universe asymptotically goes to infinity as the Omega Point is approached.[1]

Key to Tipler's exploration of the Omega Point is that the supposition of a closed universe evolving towards a future collapse. Within this universe, Tipler assumes a massive processing capability. As the universe becomes smaller, the processing capability becomes larger, due to the decreasing cost of communications as the systems shrink in size. At the same time, information from previously disconnected points in space becomes visible, giving the processors access to more and more information. Tipler's Omega Point occurs when the processing capability effectively becomes infinite, as the processors will be able to simulate every possible future before the universe ends - a state also known as "Aleph".

Within this environment, Tipler imagines that intelligent beings, human personalities, will be run as simulations within the system. As a result, after the Omega Point, humans will have omnipotence, able to see all of history and predict all of the future. Additionally, as all history becomes available, past personalities will be able to run as well. Within the simulation, this appears to be the dead rising. Tipler equates this state with the Christian heaven.

Technological singularity

Some transhumanists argue that the accelerating technological progress inherent in the Law of Accelerating Returns will, in the relatively near future, lead to what Vernor Vinge called a technological singularity or "prediction wall." These transhumanists believe we will soon enter a time in which we must eventually make the transition to a "runaway positive feedback loop"[citation needed] in high-level autonomous machine computation. A result will be that our technological and computational tools eventually completely surpass human capacities.[2] Some transhumanist writings refer to this moment as the Omega Point, paying homage to Teilhard's prior use of the term. Other transhumanists, in particular Ray Kurzweil, refer to the technological singularity as simply "The Singularity".
Also here is a 15 min speech by tipler about the Theory.

TEDx Brussels 2010 - Frank Tipler - The Ultimate Future - YouTube

Oh. Mr. Redford I also posted your paper to richarddawkins.net (under the same screen name here) for review.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 AM

Default Frank Tipler vs Lawrence Krauss

Is there anyone out there that might know where to find a video or at least a transcript of a debate between Lawrence Krauss and Frank Tipler in 2007? I think it would be interesting. But these are about all I can find right now.

The Skeptics Society Forum • View topic - Tipler vs Krauss-- Skeptic Lecture overview

Abnormal Interests: Tipler vs. Krauss

Old 01-28-2012, 10:07 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,212,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Is there anyone out there that might know where to find a video or at least a transcript of a debate between Lawrence Krauss and Frank Tipler in 2007? I think it would be interesting. But these are about all I can find right now.

The Skeptics Society Forum • View topic - Tipler vs Krauss-- Skeptic Lecture overview

Abnormal Interests: Tipler vs. Krauss
Is this the one where they debate:

Can Physics Prove God & Christianity?

Old 01-28-2012, 10:11 AM

For those of us who are not familiar with what Tipler stipulates:

- The Universe is closed in time, so it will eventually contract into a reverse Big-Bang
- That creates a singularity at the beginning of the Universe and another singularity (the 'omega' point of Teilhard de Chardin) at the end
- Singularities are outside of nature and do not follow nature's laws
- Therefore (!?) the singularities are God
- The two singularities are connected by many (infinite?) universes, corresponding to the multiple universe interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- There is a third singularity underlying all these multiple universes
- Therefore, God is a Trinity: there are three singularities that are in fact the same [it is implicit, although he did not say it, that the 'alpha' singularity is the Father, the 'omega' singularity is the Holy Ghost, and the intermediate singularity is the Son]
- The Son singularity is common to all universes
- The Original Sin is a gene that makes us predisposed to agression
- The Original Sin gene was non-functional in the Virgin Mary and Jesus
- Jesus was born form a virgin, this is not a miracle because it happens sometimes in cordates - he challenged us to find more virgin mothers
- Therefore, Jesus had to be an XX male, because the Virgin Mary did not have a Y chromosome to give him
- Jesus resurrected by desintegrating his body into neutrinos. After that, he was able to integrate and desintegrate his body at will.
- The end of the world would come when people can be downloaded into computers. This will happen very soon, probably in 50 years.

Last edited by plwhit; 01-28-2012 at 10:22 AM..

Old 01-28-2012, 11:59 AM

21,161 posts, read 19,753,224 times
Isn't it possible that God is supernatural?

Old 01-28-2012, 12:53 PM

Here we go............

Old 01-28-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Is this the one where they debate:

Can Physics Prove God & Christianity?
I think so. I haven't seen a video yet to know the exact topic. The only other thing I can find about it is a Dvd that one would have to buy in order to see it. I must admit I'm a cheapskate and was hoping it was on youtube or something.

From the sounds of the message board links I put in my last post, Krauss crushed Tipler. But like I said I haven't see the debate. So I don't know exact what went on in the debate.

But you know what. I'll take anything from anyones who got on a debate with tipler against another physicist and/or Mathematician.

Last edited by baystater; 01-28-2012 at 02:37 PM..

Old 01-29-2012, 12:36 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,287,578 times
I am not anti-religious. But. The minute this turns down that garden path it will be unceremoniously dumped in the bit bucket. Proselytizing is not allowed here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality