Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 08:35 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

FOXNews.com - Ukrainian Boy, 5, Slaughtered 'Like a Goat' by Religious Fanatic

Although this looser might be insane it is just getting old how many times we here this line that the muslim, middle eastern guy who has RJS (Random Jihad Syndrome) is subsequently mentally unstable, insane, depressed, or some other excuse to forego the bad-taste-in-the-mouth that we might feel for those that subscibe to this culture or religion - the media just perpetuates this line of thinking trying to avaoid the obvious - he did it for allah and his religion. Now they are on to children playing in the sandbox. I guess honor killings, random murders of adults (homosexuals, woman, critics) and others who hold to a different faith are not shocking enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 01:12 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,920,995 times
Default An obvious conclusion!

Agreed, and yet there are several here who ardently defend Islam as a perfect, pure and faultless religion. Yet they are oddly unable to point to where the pure version of it is, in fact, practiced, in peace and harmony.

You know, where it's not corrupted by chauvinistic males and power-hungry dictators. Let's see: M. Gadaffi, S. Hussein, M. Ahmadinejhad, O. bin Laden; various clerics and Imams. I'm sure the list is far longer. Such a barbaric rogue's gallery!

As well, as a group, Islamic proselytizers here on C-D fail to take any steps withing several free Western countries (the US, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. etc.) where they are completely within their rights, and protected by our laws, to criticize the barbaric practices of real-life Islam.

Their only reliable on consistent answer?

"But... but... what can we do?"

One can only conclude that they tacitly approve of the primitive barbarism of Islam.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:50 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Agreed, and yet there are several here who ardently defend Islam as a perfect, pure and faultless religion. Yet they are oddly unable to point to where the pure version of it is, in fact, practiced, in peace and harmony.

You know, where it's not corrupted by chauvinistic males and power-hungry dictators. Let's see: M. Gadaffi, S. Hussein, M. Ahmadinejhad, O. bin Laden; various clerics and Imams. I'm sure the list is far longer. Such a barbaric rogue's gallery!

As well, as a group, Islamic proselytizers here on C-D fail to take any steps withing several free Western countries (the US, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. etc.) where they are completely within their rights, and protected by our laws, to criticize the barbaric practices of real-life Islam.

Their only reliable on consistent answer?

"But... but... what can we do?"

One can only conclude that they tacitly approve of the primitive barbarism of Islam.
Couldn't rep you, but a bloody good post. The hypocritical handwashing...Look on the positive side..oh they are not practicing REAL Islam.

But they do nothing to rein in the worst apects. Nothing to clear up the misconceptions. And nothing to help those who are trying to counter this 'Fake' Islam.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:02 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
rifleman , i just chocked from your rational since many days
you will help me to change my idea about how far the athiests are objective and rational and sincere in thiere views and judging

someone was suspected to be muslim killed 5 year old boy because spirits told him to do that , while in the fact theire is no such beliefs about holy spirits which guide muslims

anyway , it seems to me that muslims should to be blamed for that because the crazy man said " allaho akpar " .

i don't think that commiting adultery while saying allaho akpar means that it became islamic

i just feel sorry for you guys . your hateness affected your intellegance

peace , rifleman

Old 06-23-2010, 12:30 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
rifleman , i just chocked from your rational since many days
you will help me to change my idea about how far the athiests are objective and rational and sincere in thiere views and judging

someone was suspected to be muslim killed 5 year old boy because spirits told him to do that , while in the fact theire is no such beliefs about holy spirits which guide muslims

anyway , it seems to me that muslims should to be blamed for that because the crazy man said " allaho akpar " .

i don't think that commiting adultery while saying allaho akpar means that it became islamic

peace , rifleman
He was not suspected of being muslim because spirits told him to do it but because he shouted Alahu Akbar when stabbing that 5 year old in the throat with a knife.

Why would you believe this piece of trash by diverting that fact and focusing on spirits making him do it - you think he might be looking to get a more lenient sentence with that line of reasoning? There have been dozens of articles that always spew this line of reasoning when psycho mulsims go on a jihad rampage - they sure do have a high percentage of the mentally disturbed in their population

They always seem to be middle eastern and muslim spouting some religous jargon while killing their victims - but we will just ignore that for fear of pissing the muslim Ummah off.

Pleas tell us what it actually means when someone kills another for adultery while saying Allahu Akbar???

I feel sorry for you - your stupidity and fear of being too critical has blinded you reasoning and ability to judge correctly. There are way too many of these incidences too be just psychos shouting Allahu Akbar for reasons other than religous.

As far as the 'moderate' muslims - do not trust them - the majority of them practice taqiyya and when given the opportunity will turn on this nation and its people. The more you run from this truth the greater opportunity you give them to be successful.

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 06-23-2010 at 12:50 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 12:42 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Uuuuhhh... not exactly.

Islam is a syncretic faith combining Judaism, Christianity and pre-Islamic Arab paganism. From the pagan side they have retained the idea of Djinn.. supernatural tricksters who are fully capable of manifesting as "demons" and "spirits" to include episodes of possession.

So there is nothing unIslamic about a Muslim acting out evil "because spirits told him to do that."

Concept of Djinn/Jinn/Ghosts/Genie/Demons/Satan in Islam

Old 06-23-2010, 01:17 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Uuuuhhh... not exactly.

Islam is a syncretic faith combining Judaism, Christianity and pre-Islamic Arab paganism. From the pagan side they have retained the idea of Djinn.. supernatural tricksters who are fully capable of manifesting as "demons" and "spirits" to include episodes of possession.

So there is nothing unIslamic about a Muslim acting out evil "because spirits told him to do that."

Concept of Djinn/Jinn/Ghosts/Genie/Demons/Satan in Islam
i can agree that the demons who inspired him , if that is the case then i agree

but is that mean that if demons succeed to inspire christian to kill someone , then it will be christian practices beause christianity believe in exisence of demons ?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:

but is that mean that if demons succeed to inspire christian to kill someone , then it will be christian practices beause christianity believe in exisence of demons ?
It depends on why he really did it.

Let's not mince words. Muslims and Christians have done worse and done it explicitly because, yes, they were motivated by their faiths. So sometimes the religion does earn being included in the criticism.

Is this one of those instances? I'm really not sure.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:33 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,920,995 times
Default More Excuses

Quote:
rifleman , i just chocked from your rational since many days you will help me to change my idea about how far the athiests are objective and rational and sincere in thiere views and judging

peace , rifleman
Point is elwill, your religion has a real PR (Public Relations) problem in the modern world. Do you disagree? If an idiot chooses to utter "allaho akbar" or whatever while he rapes and murders, or bombs some people, then he is using your religion for his selfish ends, and you'd best do SOMETHING to stop it!

Quote:

but is that mean that if demons succeed to inspire christian to kill someone , then it will be christian practices beause christianity believe in existence of demons ?
Again, you post a hypothetical but also unrealistic situation. I do not see, in any recent news stories, repeated, frequent and violent acts by organized Christians spouting "Go with God!" or "Jesus be Avenged!" slogans as they bomb, stab, mutilate, publicly stone or flog those who dare to disagree. But this is exactly what we Westerners see all the time in modern Islam. Are you denying that, or do you just deflect and say all those people are "just radicals"?

So what if they are? It's apparently the predominant behavior and thinking of Muslim men in the streets, and their mob action is no excuse!

So what's your point in the real world? Are you just being defensive? I'm trying to be a realist, and you're absolutely right: I do hate the modern manifestations of Islam because it's causing much death and destruction in this world, including that visited upon innocent women, children, the elderly and even spiritual young men who might be it's supporters if it were a peaceful religion. Given a choice and a means, I'd eliminate all the radicals of any religion; they always get carried away with their arrogance, ignorance and power-mongering. Right now, Islam is at the forefront of such abominations.

What would you do? Allow them to continue unchecked? Or would you congratulate them and say "Praise Allah!" as they light off another suicide bomb in downtown Tehran?

Well, obviously, Islam is not a peaceful religion now. Just watch the news and stop defending it for the sake of defending it! Open your eyes, elwill!

Last edited by rifleman; 06-24-2010 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Clarifications & finishing off radical Islam! Good riddance!

Old 06-24-2010, 04:08 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
The guy was obviously a nut bag. Why do we blame religon instead of the person and their out of whack skull pudding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality