Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 PM

995 posts, read 956,586 times

Advertisements

I am thinking this Bergdahl deserter case just may spark a war of the religions. This guy declared Jihaad against America, which is his religion. The Koran and Hadiths teach that Christians and Jews are all evil, and Mohummad committed genocide against the Jews. So, Bergdahl's desertion was him expressing his religious freedom to follow it. He is innocent in the eyes of Allah. He truly is. If he killed Jews like Muhammad did, he would be Allah's fav. So, therefore, the U.S. is wrong in persecuting him IN ANY WAY. He is TRULY innocent in the eyes of Allah. That is the stand Islam takes.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:44 PM

20,022 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Why do you say that Bergdahl declared jihad against America? And in what sense would America be his religion?? Or is that just a badly constructed sentence that is saying jihad is his religion? I thought jihad was a doctrine of Islam not a religion in its own right.

What has this to do with Norse mythology?

In any case I don't think there's any basis at this point to say such a thing about Bergdahl. The truth is that we don't know why he deserted his post. My guess is that he was far too heady and fragile a person to be a grunt soldier. He could not handle the environment at the base, deserted his post and wandered into the nearest village under some confused idea or other. Some locals reportedly said he seemed drugged and was behaving erratically.

It seems wise for everyone to wait for the actual facts to surface before passing judgment. If I had to hazard a guess, it'd be that whatever he did that was wrong, if anything, he has more than paid the price for. I doubt he'll ever be entirely right in the head after five years of harsh imprisonment. He wasn't likely right in the head to start with.

But tell me again why we are even discussing this in the R&S forum?? Sounds like more of a political topic.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Why do you say that Bergdahl declared jihad against America? And in what sense would America be his religion?? Or is that just a badly constructed sentence that is saying jihad is his religion? I thought jihad was a doctrine of Islam not a religion in its own right.

In any case I don't think there's any basis at this point to say such a thing about Bergdahl. The truth is that we don't know why he deserted his post. My guess is that he was far too heady and fragile a person to be a grunt soldier. He could not handle the environment at the base, deserted his post and wandered into the nearest village under some confused idea or other. Some locals reportedly said he seemed drugged and was behaving erratically.

It seems wise for everyone to wait for the actual facts to surface before passing judgment. If I had to hazard a guess, it'd be that whatever he did that was wrong, if anything, he has more than paid the price for. I doubt he'll ever be entirely right in the head after five years of harsh imprisonment. He wasn't likely right in the head to start with.

But tell me again why we are even discussing this in the R&S forum?? Sounds like more of a political topic.

He openly declared Jihad against America. He is a hero for Islam. Islam is his religion.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:

Great question. That made me lol.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:54 PM

20,022 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
He openly declared Jihad against America. He is a hero for Islam. Islam is his religion.
Please substantiate this claim. Links, please, to credible news sites.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:

Muhammad committed genocide against the Jews. The Koran and Hadiths are chock FULL of spewing hatred towards Christians, Jews, and everyone other "non believer". Muhammad is just like Moses. Just as fierce, just as murderous, just as genocidal, just as "Holy".

Old 06-13-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Please substantiate this claim. Links, please, to credible news sites.

He officially declared Jihad while in captivity, and his "captors" let him handle a gun. It looks to me like he declared Jihad long before he deserted. He was against America a LONG time before deserting. He is a hero for Islam.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:01 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
He officially declared Jihad while in captivity, and his "captors" let him handle a gun. It looks to me like he declared Jihad long before he deserted. He was against America a LONG time before deserting. He is a hero for Islam.
I don't support Bergdahl at all, and think it was a bad deal, but, please, other than your surmises, where is there any credible information that shows Bergdahl went Muslim?

Old 06-13-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I don't support Bergdahl at all, and think it was a bad deal, but, please, other than your surmises, where is there any credible information that shows Bergdahl went Muslim?

Muslim? You mean Islam. Bergdahl was a hero for ISLAM. Not a particular race. He is a hero for the doctrine of Islam, Muhammad, Allah. His OPEN hatred for America is him being a hero for Islam. Plain and simple.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:

Ragnarok is the war of the Gods. Armageddon. War of the religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality