Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2013, 06:19 PM

995 posts, read 955,630 times

Advertisements

From the early age of 23, when I was going through a very big spiritual awakening, I had TTBOTD as a source of guidance and compassion. AFTER that I "found" Jesus, and quickly realized that TTBOTD and the philosophies of Jesus conveys the very same eternal compassion. TTBOTD is a funeral rite, read aloud to the recently deceased. The poetry conveys compassion and guides the dead as he/she traverses to their rebirth as pure spirits facing their often harsh karma. Being in communion with Christ on the cross has this same effect the TBOTD has. You are at one with Christ in death, and you have him as a source of guidance and compassion through the EXACT same death-to-life in-betweens, ie- the only way to being a Christian is to give yourself to Jesus, and experience a spiritual death and rebirth.--And the only way to become a Buddha is to first experience a spiritual death and rebirth. In either case, when you can contemplate this eternal compassion, you then become enlightened to the nature of the boundlessness of the spirit, and to the secrets of the universe. It is a very special compassion that enlightens people to the most profound things. Or, at least, this compassion plants the seed of enlightenment of life eternal, and other things.

So having grown up having known Buddha's and YHWH's eternal compassion, I became very devoted to it. I have also come to realize that anyone can convey this compassion. Buddha does it incredibly simple and gracefully, instructing the traveler on how to pray for compassion, among other things. He is terrific.

I once had my internet, telephone, and cable TV cut off, and I spent my time documenting my digital after death. I spent my time riding the country side taking pictures of the sky. A folder I call "Land Of The Banned". I expressed my eternal compassion, and, like Buddha, it didn't mean I had to have anyone torchered to death because I needed blood sacrifices. I think TTBOTD and things like "Land Of THe Banned" are important because they illustrate the fact that you don't need something to die and come back to convey compassion and enlighten. It is unnecessary. Through storytelling like I did, and TTBOTD does illustrates the philosophy of eternal life. All you need to do is make the connection. I am one of the rare blokes that didn't need Jesus to be brutally murdered to believe in eternal compassion. After a while Jesus actually became a liability. Jesus sets up Heaven where he is the only face of God, when that is far from the truth and it can confuse anyone looking for God. Actually, I believe God is the Rider. Faithful and true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 06:27 PM

995 posts, read 955,630 times
Maybe Jesus was sent to those who had/have no faith in Buddha, or other people that say eternal life exists. Buddha just says it, but you don't believe him. So you have Jesus. I am one of those that did not need Jesus to die to receive eternal life and eternal compassion. I got it from the pure light of Buddha. I am one of the lucky. I can receive eternal compassion from many places, and I can become enlightened to the nature of the spirit and the universe, and that never required Jesus or anyone else to die, for me to receive it. I had faith instead.

Last edited by Rider's Pantheon; 10-17-2013 at 06:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality