Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by max's mama Faith itself cannot be respected or disrespected, because it has no feelings.
Only the parishioners of the religion can feel disrespected.
Respectfully disagree. Human faith is based on feelings and knowledge. Obviously you are confusing faith with religion.

Original poster: here is the example of how a topic that suppose to unite and bring good vibes turns into debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Respectfully disagree. Human faith is based on feelings and knowledge. Obviously you are confusing faith with religion.

Original poster: here is the example of how a topic that suppose to unite and bring good vibes turns into debate.
I don't think the OP was trying to unite anybody - just asking if its possible for us to be united.
Looks like the nay's have it.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:20 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
I respect all of the beliefs posted in this forum. I don't go about trying to prove anyone wrong because I don't think it is possible. However, I will discuss what I believe, and I expect others to explain how they believe. It wouldn't be much of a forum if we just sat around agreeing on everything. I like to hear differing points of view so I get a broader understanding of the world. If all I hear is what I believe, I will end up narrow-minded and self-centered. Neither are good qualities.
And I have to say that I love your posts brother, they've inspired me and made me reflect lots of times.

Also I think that even if we have different beliefs, something that connect us, and connects a lot of people here is that we have strong faiths, and that is something that deserves all my respect!

God bless

Old 11-30-2007, 02:34 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
There should be unity between Christian believers. However, that is not as easy as it sounds. Many folks have differing views on what they believe, but that should not be. As Christians we must believe, follow, and uphold the truths of the Bible, but sadly that's not always the case.

The Bible never asks true believers to "accept each other beliefs or non beliefs instead of trying to prove which is right an which is wrong?" We're never commanded to "accept" any other religion, belief, or doctrine other than what is taught in the Holy Scriptures. It would cease to be the sole exclusive truth then if we all did that. (which many today are attempting to do)
So funny...you roll your eyes at people having the AUDACITY to question something written 2,000 plus years ago that is antiquated and completely out of touch with modern times. Sorry , the eye rolling should be toward yourself.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:36 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post

Well the idea was to have a positive, constructive, respectful and enlightening debate only but if everybody gets united that'd be awesome

Love and Light!

Old 11-30-2007, 02:46 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Isn't unity a spirit quality?

Could it be possible that we are able to respect and accept each other beliefs or non beliefs instead of trying to prove which is right an which is wrong?

what are your thoughts?
We all have the ability to accept and respect each others beliefs and nonbeliefs, but not everyone chooses to do so...If we cannot accept and respect their beliefs, we should try to accept and respect other people for who they are otherwise..

Old 11-30-2007, 02:50 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
We all have the ability to accept and respect each others beliefs and nonbeliefs, but not everyone chooses to do so...If we cannot accept and respect their beliefs, we should try to accept and respect other people for who they are otherwise..
Yes, this is much more realistic (and possible) then trying to "respect" things that we think are patently wrong.
People are much more than a sum of their beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality