Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 05:55 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If someone accused you of murder and you might get the death penalty, would someone's word be good enough for you that you did murder someone (even though you didn't) or would you like to see some evidence?
Yes, of course. That is how crime cases work.

On eyewitness testimony. If that is discredited (as much as the bible) then the jury is told to disregard it.

On forensic evidence. If it supports one case and not the other, then the decision goes that way.

The evidence all supports evolution and none of it supports creation. If you were in the jury, which way would you vote?

Note, if you were so biased that your mind was made up before any evidence was presented, you should have been invalidated from the jury to begin with.

To sit outside as complain about a non-faith legal system discriminating against you.

Don't you see, old spud, how you dig your hole ever deeper, the more you wriggle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 06:03 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
But I do understand what the mythical steps are. The facts however are this: There is no absolute PROOF that there are any steps at all between single celled amoebas and any multi-celled creatures like the elephant or human or dinosaur. If there is, all you have to do is show the fossil record. It is all magic and myths which is evolution.
This is where you are are wrong.

False dichotomy.

If there is no absolute proof (that is clearly asking more than just the stratified fossils and some significant transitionals)

then "It is all magic and myths".

But we do have the fossil record, but you deny that this is 'proof'.

It isn't, not to the degree you require, but it is a heap of evidence which all points one way - evolution and away from creation.

But you ignore ALL of that and demand...whatever it is you feel we can't provide.

I know you do this because you denied the cetan sequence on the grounds that there are no transitional forms between toothed and baleen whales.

When I produced just such a fossil, you never mentioned the Cetan sequence again, but retreated to what you thought we have no evidence for.

I mention this because it really is necessary to show how dishonest and self -serving your argument are. I have to do this because they might otherwise fool the less well informed.

And also it is such fun to field -strip your arguments.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:05 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
If you had incontrovertible evidence for evolution, I'd believe it. You don't,
so I can't believe it. It is that simple.
And yet you have no evidence at all that "god did it", but you still believe it. Aren't you being hypocritical?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:07 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
This is where you are are wrong.

False dichotomy.

If there is no absolute proof (that is clearly asking more than just the stratified fossils and some significant transitionals)

then "It is all magic and myths".

But we do have the fossil record, but you deny that this is 'proof'.

It isn't, not to the degree you require, but it is a heap of evidence which all points one way - evolution and away from creation.

But you ignore ALL of that and demand...whatever it is you feel we can't provide.

I know you do this because you denied the cetan sequence on the grounds that there are no transitional forms between toothed and baleen whales.

When I produced just such a fossil, you never mentioned the Cetan sequence again, but retreated to what you thought we have no evidence for.

I mention this because it really is necessary to show how dishonest and self -serving your argument are. I have to do this because they might otherwise fool the less well informed.

And also it is such fun to field -strip your arguments.
Actually, there were several baleen whales that had rudimentary teeth.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:14 AM

712 posts, read 2,145,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
And yet you have no evidence at all that "god did it", but you still believe it. Aren't you being hypocritical?
And yet, you've no evidence "that god didn't do it" so why don't you come back to this thread after you have about 8 years of field experience and a doctorate thesis in psychology

Old 02-28-2014, 07:57 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
If someone accused you of murder and you might get the death penalty, would someone's word be good enough for you that you did murder someone (even though you didn't) or would you like to see some evidence?
No answer to my question? Asking a question isn't an answer. It's just deflection and avoidance, nothing more. Lol, if I want deflection and avoidance I can ask a 5-year old if he ate the last cookie.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-28-2014 at 08:07 AM..

Old 02-28-2014, 08:52 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No answer to my question? Asking a question isn't an answer. It's just deflection and avoidance, nothing more. Lol, if I want deflection and avoidance I can ask a 5-year old if he ate the last cookie.
Jesus did the same thing with those who asked Him questions. He asked them a question to their question.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Well, that's debatable that we have no scientific evidence of God's existence in creation.

But really, there is really no evidence for evolution. None. I'm not just saying this to get people upset. There just is no proof humans evolved from a chimp or ape and definately not one eency teency bit of proof all plant and animal life evolved from single celled amoebas.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Quote:
Jesus did the same thing with those who asked Him questions. He asked them a question to their question.
This is true in the Bible and in one of the few times God has spoken to me when he asked me a question. The question ultimately changed my life because I already had the answer, just had to dig a little to find it and face the answer. He asks questions to get us to 'think.'

Old 02-28-2014, 08:57 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Yes, I know.

You aren't Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality