Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 12:51 PM

561 posts, read 1,180,351 times

Advertisements

I arrived at this realization: after we die all of us, each and every one us regardless our beliefs, thoughts, behavior, etc, will probably be with god. Think about it...

Individually, we are the consequence of how certain chemicals combined in specific manner, place, and time to eventually become who we are now. Since this occurred at a specific time and place, it can never be duplicated. After we die theses chemicals will eventually diffuse to become part of other things. But the specific series that lead to the eventual emergence of our consciousness will never be duplicated. Consequently, our conscious experience will almost certainly end when we die. Since our conscious experience is fundamentally who we are, after we die we will no longer exist.

Since god seems to be entirely human concept, it probably does not exist except as a subjective belief in the mind of individual humans. Therefore, after we die, regardless of our individual beliefs, god will not only not exist, but it will also be incapable of existing.

So, after we die we will almost certainly no longer exist, and since god seems incapable of existing without us, when we die we will all be with god in that we will both no longer exist.

Whew! This should be a huge weight off everyone's shoulders. Now we all just live our lives in the way each of us is uniquely inclined to without being concerned about what happens after we die. This gives me tremendous solace - how about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 02:35 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Well, that's one concept,but I'm not going to be with any particular God, my spirit is going to cross over into the next world and sit among my ancestors.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathizer View Post

Whew! This should be a huge weight off everyone's shoulders. Now we all just live our lives in the way each of us is uniquely inclined to without being concerned about what happens after we die. This gives me tremendous solace - how about you?
It's never been a weight on my shoulders and I've never looked to someone else for these answers. I believe the answer lies within each of us.

My beliefs are very similar to, though not the same as, ptsum's. Again.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-12-2014 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-12-2014, 03:27 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
I arrived at this realization: after we die all of us, each and every one us regardless our beliefs, thoughts, behavior, etc, will probably be with god. Think about it...

Individually, we are the consequence of how certain chemicals combined in specific manner, place, and time to eventually become who we are now. Since this occurred at a specific time and place, it can never be duplicated. After we die theses chemicals will eventually diffuse to become part of other things. But the specific series that lead to the eventual emergence of our consciousness will never be duplicated. Consequently, our conscious experience will almost certainly end when we die. Since our conscious experience is fundamentally who we are, after we die we will no longer exist.

Since god seems to be entirely human concept, it probably does not exist except as a subjective belief in the mind of individual humans. Therefore, after we die, regardless of our individual beliefs, god will not only not exist, but it will also be incapable of existing.

So, after we die we will almost certainly no longer exist, and since god seems incapable of existing without us, when we die we will all be with god in that we will both no longer exist.

1st part, yes we die from the Earth but our soul lives on in the after life

2nd part Huh ? What ?, yes He certainly does exist and no no we will not, that is all of us be with the Lord

Old 04-14-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well, that's one concept,but I'm not going to be with any particular God, my spirit is going to cross over into the next world and sit among my ancestors.
Yes, I agree. After we die we will be with our ancestors in that we will no longer exist, as they no longer exist.

Individual life is finite. That's just how it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
1st part, yes we die from the Earth but our soul lives on in the after life
In a literal sense there absolutely no evidence a 'soul' actually exists. Like god, it's an entirely human concept. As such after we die will be incapable of imagining such a thing, so it will no longer exist for us.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:

Took a round about way of getting there.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Took a round about way of getting there.
Yeah, my intention with this post was to make a statement so obvious as to be somewhat comical. I'm glad someone finally caught on...

Old 04-14-2014, 04:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
100% speculation. i dont pursue religion bek of afterlife that would be stupid, i pursue it bek of how i want to live this life.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, my intention with this post was to make a statement so obvious as to be somewhat comical. I'm glad someone finally caught on...
Next time start with, "A nudist, a Baptist and a guy with a harp all walk into a bar."

Old 04-14-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, my intention with this post was to make a statement so obvious as to be somewhat comical.
Next time start with, "A nudist, a Baptist and a guy with a harp all walk into a bar."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality