Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 10:53 PM

472 posts, read 385,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Evasive. I interpret it to mean you oppose SSM, just not because of any religious reasons.
Yes or no?
What do you use SSM to mean? Is it like oop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 04:18 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
What do you use SSM to mean? Is it like oop?
Get out much?
Patiently( or maybe not so patiently) she explains the acronym...same sex marriage.
You have any objections to that?

Old 06-16-2014, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Get out much?
Patiently( or maybe not so patiently) she explains the acronym...same sex marriage.
You have any objections to that?
Are you a male asking me to marry you? No thank you...I like women. Are you asking if I have any objections with others who do your SSM. People do not belong to me, they belong to God. He has stated his objections to sins...he list all of them in the Bible. Do you have objection to NS...Not Sinning?

Old 06-16-2014, 05:59 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Are you a male asking me to marry you? No thank you...I like women. Are you asking if I have any objections with others who do your SSM. People do not belong to me, they belong to God. He has stated his objections to sins...he list all of them in the Bible. Do you have objection to NS...Not Sinning?
I asked you whether or not you personally object due to a couple of statement you have made.

One....
"It is the leaders of religions you speak who are fighting. As I have posted..."I follow no religion."
I also judge no one for sins against Gods laws...all humans are sinners. I am also human.

Edited to add....notice that believers tend to assign god with a male personage?

I have never discriminated against gays, nor those who do other types of sins...I'm Christian. Where did you get the idea all Christians discriminate against gays...from the few who do?"

In another post you say the sins are written down(Isn't that based on a religion?)

You imply you do not discriminate.
Even though there's a bit of contradiction about not following any religion and then stating you are Christian, you also imply gays are committing a sin.
If you do indeed think it's a sin, if you follow no religion, what is it based on?
Do you know what you believe??

BTW...I'm female and oh so thrilled that you like us.
Why did you suppose I was male?

Old 06-16-2014, 08:00 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times
Quote:
LOL! You're the reason why I often don't trust people who "claim" they belong to no religion and pass themselves off as deists. Push them just a little and their Christian bias comes pouring out like water from a broken dam.

They (you) just claim not to be a Christian so their opponents cannot immediately latch on to all that is wrong with religion and through that, defeat your arguments.

But of course, if you belong to no religion as you said, why should you or I care one iota what the Bible says? Why is sinning such a big deal? Why is it even called "sin," for that matter? Does your God judge you? Does he send people to heaven and hell? I'm just not seeing much difference between "no religion" and "Christianity" here.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I asked you whether or not you personally object due to a couple of statement you have made.

One....
"It is the leaders of religions you speak who are fighting. As I have posted..."I follow no religion."
I also judge no one for sins against Gods laws...all humans are sinners. I am also human.

Edited to add....notice that believers tend to assign god with a male personage?

I have never discriminated against gays, nor those who do other types of sins...I'm Christian. Where did you get the idea all Christians discriminate against gays...from the few who do?"

In another post you say the sins are written down(Isn't that based on a religion?)

You imply you do not discriminate.
Even though there's a bit of contradiction about not following any religion and then stating you are Christian, you also imply gays are committing a sin.
If you do indeed think it's a sin, if you follow no religion, what is it based on?
Do you know what you believe??

BTW...I'm female and oh so thrilled that you like us.
Why did you suppose I was male?
I follow no religion because they can be proven false, and not from God. As to some Christians who discriminate against any who sin, these are not Christians...it they were they would not throw the first stone...as Jesus said, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."
My belief in God is based on the Bible, and what can be prove, it would be a contradiction if I followed any one of mans religions. God is a male personage. Jesus, and all the writer of the Scrolls call him FATHER. Why do many non-believers say God is as a her...Is it to insult him?

Old 06-16-2014, 09:53 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
^But you follow the traditional teachings of mainstream Christian religion without giving it a great deal of thought, don't you?

Old 06-16-2014, 09:54 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,789,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
^But you follow the traditional teachings of mainstream Christian religion without giving it a great deal of thought, don't you?
Nah, he's anything but mainstream

-NoCapo

Old 06-16-2014, 09:57 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post

-NoCapo
Oh, he has recognized that the forms of mainstream Christianity are not biblical, but he really hasn't examined the doctrines he grew up with beyond that.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
LOL! You're the reason why I often don't trust people who "claim" they belong to no religion and pass themselves off as deists. Push them just a little and their Christian bias comes pouring out like water from a broken dam.

They (you) just claim not to be a Christian so their opponents cannot immediately latch on to all that is wrong with religion and through that, defeat your arguments.

But of course, if you belong to no religion as you said, why should you or I care one iota what the Bible says? Why is sinning such a big deal? Why is it even called "sin," for that matter? Does your God judge you? Does he send people to heaven and hell? I'm just not seeing much difference between "no religion" and "Christianity" here.
I have made no such claim of not being a Christian. I claim I am part of no religion. Is English your second language?

nateswiftQuote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo

-NoCapo
"Oh, he has recognized that the forms of mainstream Christianity are not biblical, but he really hasn't examined the doctrines he grew up with beyond that."

You are in error...I have examined the doctrines of all religions...it is a very simple thing to do. One has but to make a list of false doctrines, and eliminate those who teach such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality