Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,372,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
If we do not teach this

When a child is born it has to be taught many things in order to survive in this world, so we are the teachers, if we do not teach this child, to hate, to discriminate, to lie, to cheat, to steal, or to take the life of another person. If we teach this child, to love, to be kind, to give rather than to take, to tell the truth and to treat all living things with respect, then this child is without sin, for this child has done no harm to anyone, and we are the ones that have taught this child to act this way, this is our way of life, this is our custom, and this is what we believe. osay
Do you believe a child has to be taught to lie, cheat, steal, misbehave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 08:24 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Do you believe a child has to be taught to lie, cheat, steal, misbehave?
A child learns from those around him, if we lie, cheat, steal, or misbehave, this child sees this and accepts it as normal, therefore we are the ones that are teaching this child, if we act right, if we tell truth, if we are honest with our fellow man, and if we do not take that which does not belong to us, than this child sees this and learns from us, we are the teachers, we are the ones that must act in a right and honorable way so that our children can learn from us.

Last edited by ptsum; 01-04-2008 at 08:39 PM..

Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
A child learns from those around him, if we lie, cheat, steal, or misbehave, this child sees this and accepts it as normal, therefore we are the ones that are teaching this child, if we act right, if we tell truth, if we are honest with our fellow man, and if we do not take that which does not belong to us, than this child sees this and learns from us, we are the teachers, we are the ones that must act in a right and honorable way so that our children can learn from us.
Yes we are to teach our children to be good, it is a moral obligation and reason we must teach them to be good it because they are not inherently good.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 342,279 times
Quote:
Yes we are to teach our children to be good, it is a moral obligation and reason we must teach them to be good it because they are not inherently good.
I'm sorry, but that is the silliest thing I've ever heard. I just had to get that out.

(my bold)

Old 01-04-2008, 08:55 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
A child is good by nature, a child has to be taught hate, bigotry, racism, if you take two children from two different cultures and put them together where neither one of them has been taught to hate each other than they will play together in peace, it is only when we add our own prejudices, and hatreds, is when the children learn that also.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
A child is good by nature, a child has to be taught hate, bigotry, racism, if you take two children from two different cultures and put them together where neither one of them has been taught to hate each other than they will play together in peace, it is only when we add our own prejudices, and hatreds, is when the children learn that also.
I'm not talking about hate, bigotry or racism, I'm talking about just normal everyday misbehaving that all children do. No one has to teach a child to misbehave.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorya View Post
I'm sorry, but that is the silliest thing I've ever heard. I just had to get that out.

(my bold)
Ok, what is silly about that?

Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
Quote:
I'm not talking about hate, bigotry or racism, I'm talking about just normal everyday misbehaving that all children do. No one has to teach a child to misbehave.
hmm, maybe it's genetic?

Old 01-04-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorya View Post
hmm, maybe it's genetic?
Yes it is! It came from Adam and Eve.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Ok, what is silly about that?
Saying that children aren't inherently good. No one in my family was born with original sin (man-made myth btw). Guess I just got lucky that my God is kind and loving and wouldn't think of saddling a race with sin. There is nothing that anyone can say that will convince me that an innocent baby is sinful, sorry, that too is just silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality