Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorya View Post
Saying that children aren't inherently good. No one in my family was born with original sin (man-made myth btw). Guess I just got lucky that my God is kind and loving and wouldn't think of saddling a race with sin. There is nothing that anyone can say that will convince me that an innocent baby is sinful, sorry, that too is just silly.
Yes baby's are sweet and cute and a gift from God, but according to the Bible, which I believe is God's Word, we are all born with a sinful nature. Romans 3:23 says For all have sinned and fall short of God's glorious standard. That is why Jesus came to die on the cross, for our sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 09:12 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 342,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes baby's are sweet and cute and a gift from God, but according to the Bible, which I believe is God's Word, we are all born with a sinful nature. Romans 3:23 says For all have sinned and fall short of God's glorious standard. That is why Jesus came to die on the cross, for our sins.
I'm sorry your God is such a grump.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:16 PM

364 posts, read 766,005 times
I do not believe if a baby died it would go to hell.

a baby can not choose or pick or pretty much anything it self.

I believe oringal sin being no matter what every person will grow up with a sinful nature in needed of a savior.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:22 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the short statement that you just made contradicts yourself, if you're Jesus died for your sins, then there shouldn't be any more original sin, or did he die in vain? This would seem to be a complete contradiction of terms

Old 01-04-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
[/u]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the short statement that you just made contradicts yourself, if you're Jesus died for your sins, then there shouldn't be any more original sin, or did he die in vain? This would seem to be a complete contradiction of terms
Jesus gave Himself as a sacrifice for our sins.Once we have said yes to Jesus we will want to continue to follow Him. Daily we must consciously choose to center our life around Him. Being a Christian does not mean we never sin again.
Romans 8:3 " The law of Moses could not save us, because of our sinful nature. But God put into effect a different plan to save us. He sent His own Son in a human body like ours, except that ours are sinful God destroyed sin's control over us by giving His Son as a sacrifice for our sins". Verse 10 "Since Christ lives within you, even through your body will die because of sin, your spirit is alive because you have been made right with God".

Old 01-04-2008, 09:55 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Jesus gave Himself as a sacrifice for our sins.Once we have said yes to Jesus we will want to continue to follow Him. Daily we must consciously choose to center our life around Him. Being a Christian does not mean we never sin again.
Romans 8:3 " The law of Moses could not save us, because of our sinful nature. But God put into effect a different plan to save us. He sent His own Son in a human body like ours, except that ours are sinful God destroyed sin's control over us by giving His Son as a sacrifice for our sins". Verse 10 "Since Christ lives within you, even through your body will die because of sin, your spirit is alive because you have been made right with God".
just so that I understand something, and believe me I mean this in the sincerest way, what is your definition of sin?

Old 01-04-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
just so that I understand something, and believe me I mean this in the sincerest way, what is your definition of sin?
Anything that is displeasing to God. Going against the things the Bible teaches.
What about you? What is sin to you? What do you believe about God?

Sin is also an attempt to find peace by escaping reality.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:58 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Fear is somethings that controls people regardless of whether their in a religion or not. So to say that religion is all about fear is incorrect.

The bible says that "fear is torment".

God also says in his word that "I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind".

Fear does not come from God. It is the result of us not listening to him.

I have had many interesting conversations with Jehovah's witnesses. It always starts with the bible but ends up with them trying to give me some other book. The Bible is sealed. It even has warnings in the Bible itself about someone coming to preach another Jesus. And to not listen to them.

Jehovah's witnesses coming to your door is not "God tying to tell you something". Stick with the nail polish you would have an easier time getting into heaven with it then their book.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:03 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
isnt the sinful nature you are referring to just our ego? arent we supposed to have egos?
Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 08:02 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times
So children are bad b/c of an old myth that has zero historical basis? Mankind is doomed by its inability to separate fact from fiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality