Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:43 AM

2,785 posts, read 2,680,812 times

Advertisements

As he neared the fire, he heard a sonorous voice calling him:
"O Moses, I am Allah, the Lord of the Universe."
Moses was bewildered and looked around. He again heard the strange voice.
"And what is in you right hand, O Moses?"
Shivering, Moses answered:
"This is my staff on which I ...
.for the detailed story of Prophet Moses peace be upon him read Story of Prophet Musa/Moses and Haroon/Aaron (pbut)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 01:48 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Now much literature is surfacing about how the mythological Moses came about and untangling this knot makes figuring out Jesus' historicity look like a bowtie in comparison.

I believe the Bible is such a complex piece of literature that to truly understand what lies behind its creation would take a historical study the size of a set of Encyclopedia Britannica. I despair of ever comprehending such a book.
The Jews know Moses was a real, historic figure. They have been celebrating Passover for thousands of years.
You can find books on everything under the sun. Just because you found some books **supposedly** disproving Moses as historical does not really prove he wasn't. Why don't you buy books that the earth is flat. There are people that have proven it is, you know.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:54 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,764,691 times
What the Jews believe is a different thing from what seems to stack up as reliable history. And the flat earthists had a round earth proved to them but just dismissed everything and claimed there was no proof. Not very rational eh?

Old 11-24-2014, 03:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
What the Jews believe is a different thing from what seems to stack up as reliable history. And the flat earthists had a round earth proved to them but just dismissed everything and claimed there was no proof. Not very rational eh?
Reminds me of someone....

Old 11-24-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Reminds me of someone....

Can't think who you mean...

Old 11-25-2014, 10:08 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,296,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Jews know Moses was a real, historic figure. They have been celebrating Passover for thousands of years.
You can find books on everything under the sun. Just because you found some books **supposedly** disproving Moses as historical does not really prove he wasn't. Why don't you buy books that the earth is flat. There are people that have proven it is, you know.

Negative, the there are no mentions of the Jews before the Greek period. That are mentions of people living in that area, but nothing of their religious beliefs. Jewish beliefs were an evolution from Polytheism, to Monolatirsm, towards eventual Monotheism. You don't actually see the latter until after the Persian period though. I mean technically you don't even see any evidence of Monolatirsm. If you use the bible as somewhat of a source though you can see that was the case. I think you also have it mixed up. There are no books out there that definitively prove Moses was real. There are a lot of books on the subject that show the history reported in the bible re Kings doesn't have much weight though. I can give you a list if you'd like. The reading can be pretty dry though .

Old 11-25-2014, 10:41 AM

The pharaoh who ruled Egypt was a tyrant who oppressed the descendants of Jacob (pbuh), known as the children of Israel (Bani Israel). He used ....

.........Pharaoh saw in his vision a fire, which came from Jerusalem and burned the houses of the Egyptians, and all Copts, and did not do harm to the children of Israel.
When he woke up, he was horrified. He then gathered his priests and magicians and asked them about this vision.
They said: "This means a boy will be born of them and the Egyptian people will perish at his hands.'
That is why Pharaoh commanded that all male children of the children of Israel be killed...

.for the detailed story of Prophet Moses peace be upon him read Story of Prophet Musa/Moses and Haroon/Aaron (pbut)

Old 11-25-2014, 11:16 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,934,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Negative, the there are no mentions of the Jews before the Greek period. That are mentions of people living in that area, but nothing of their religious beliefs. Jewish beliefs were an evolution from Polytheism, to Monolatirsm, towards eventual Monotheism. You don't actually see the latter until after the Persian period though. I mean technically you don't even see any evidence of Monolatirsm. If you use the bible as somewhat of a source though you can see that was the case. I think you also have it mixed up. There are no books out there that definitively prove Moses was real. There are a lot of books on the subject that show the history reported in the bible re Kings doesn't have much weight though. I can give you a list if you'd like. The reading can be pretty dry though .

Please do. Some of us actually want to expand our knowledge. I may have read some of your books, and others perhaps not.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The pharaoh who ruled Egypt was a tyrant who oppressed the descendants of Jacob (pbuh), known as the children of Israel (Bani Israel). He used ....

.........Pharaoh saw in his vision a fire, which came from Jerusalem and burned the houses of the Egyptians, and all Copts, and did not do harm to the children of Israel.
When he woke up, he was horrified. He then gathered his priests and magicians and asked them about this vision.
They said: "This means a boy will be born of them and the Egyptian people will perish at his hands.'
That is why Pharaoh commanded that all male children of the children of Israel be killed...

The one in Exodus is bad enough. I can well do without this Hollywood carve -up, thanks.

Copts? In Pharaoh's time? Don't you have history books where you are?

Old 11-26-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The one in Exodus is bad enough. I can well do without this Hollywood carve -up, thanks.

Copts? In Pharaoh's time? Don't you have history books where you are?
my main source is the final holy book The Holy Quran .
and the Quran is correct 100% , and any events outside the Quran can be true or not.

Copts means the people of Egypt In Pharaoh's time.

more verses regarding Prophet Musa peace be upon him

And We revealed to Musa's mothers, saying: Give him suck, then when you fear for him, cast him into the river and do not fear nor grieve; surely We will bring him back to you and make him one of the apostles.

And Firon's family took him up that he might be an enemy and a grief for them; surely Firon and Haman and their hosts were wrongdoers.

And Firon's wife said: A refreshment of the eye to me and to you; do not slay him; maybe he will be useful to us, or we may take him for a son; and they did not perceive.

And the heart of Musa's mother was free (from anxiety) she would have almost disclosed it had We not strengthened her heart so that she might be of the believers.

And she said to his sister: Follow him up. So she watched him from a distance while they did not perceive,

And We ordained that he refused to suck any foster mother before, so she said: Shall I point out to you the people of a house who will take care of him for you, and they will be benevolent to him?

So We gave him back to his mother that her eye might be refreshed, and that she might no grieve, and that she might know that the promise of Allah is true, but most of them do not know.

And when he attained his maturity and became full grown, We granted him wisdom and knowledge; and thus do We reward those who do good (to others).

And he went into the city at a time of unvigilance on the part of its people, so he found therein two men fighting, one being of his party and the other of his foes, and he who was of his party cried out to him for help against him who was of his enemies, so Musa struck him with his fist and killed him. He said: This is on account of the Shaitan's doing; surely he is an enemy, openly leading astray.

He said: My Lord! surely I have done harm to myself, so do Thou protect me. So He protected him; surely He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

He said: My Lord! because Thou hast bestowed a favor on me, I shall never be a backer of the guilty.

And he was in the city, fearing, awaiting, when lo! he who had asked his assistance the day before was crying out to him for aid. Musa said to him: You are most surely one erring manifestly.

So when he desired to seize him who was an enemy to them both, he said: O Musa! do you intend to kill me as you killed a person yesterday? You desire nothing but that you should be a tyrant in the land, and you do not desire to be of those who act aright.

And a man came running from the remotest part of the city. He said: O Musa! surely the chiefs are consulting together to slay you, therefore depart (at once); surely I am of those who wish well to you.

So he went forth therefrom, fearing, awaiting, (and) he said: My Lord! deliver me from the unjust people.

And when he turned his face towards Madyan, he said: Maybe my Lord will guide me in the right path.

And when he came to the water of Madyan, he found on it a group of men watering, and he found besides them two women keeping back (their flocks). He said: What is the matter with you? They said: We cannot water until the shepherds take away (their sheep) from the water, and our father is a very old man.

So he watered (their sheep) for them, then went back to the shade and said: My Lord! surely I stand in need of whatever good Thou mayest send down to me.

Then one of the two women came to him walking bashfully. She said: My father invites you that he may give you the reward of your having watered for us. So when he came to him and gave to him the account, he said: Fear not, you are secure from the unjust people.

Said one of them: O my father! employ him, surely the best of those that you can employ is the strong man, the faithful one.

He said: I desire to marry one of these two daughters of mine to you on condition that you should serve me for eight years; but if you complete ten, it will be of your own free will, and I do not wish to be hard to you; if Allah please, you will find me one of the good.

He said: This shall be (an agreement) between me and you; whichever of the two terms I fulfill, there shall be no wrongdoing to me; and Allah is a witness of what we say.

So when Musa had fulfilled the term, and he journeyed with his family, he perceived on this side of the mountain a fire. He said to his family: Wait, I have seen a fire, maybe I will bring to you from it some news or a brand of fire, so that you may warm yourselves.

And when he came to it, a voice was uttered from the right side of the valley in the blessed spot of the bush, saying: O Musa! surely I am Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

And saying: Cast down you staff. So when he saw it in motion as if it were a serpent, he turned back retreating, and did not return. O Musa! come forward and fear not; surely you are of those who are secure;

Enter your hand into the opening of your bosom, it will come forth white without evil, and draw your hand to yourself to ward off fear: so these two shall be two arguments from your Lord to Firon and his chiefs, surely they are a transgressing people.

He said: My Lord! surely I killed one of them, so I fear lest they should slay me;

And my brother, Haroun, he is more eloquent of tongue than I, therefore send him with me as an aider, verifying me: surely I fear that they would reject me.

He said: We will strengthen your arm with your brother, and We will give you both an authority, so that they shall not reach you; (go) with Our signs; you two and those who follow you shall be uppermost.

So when Musa came to them with Our clear signs, they said: This is nothing but forged enchantment, and we never heard of it amongst our fathers of old.

And Musa said: My Lord knows best who comes with guidance from Him, and whose shall be the good end of the abode; surely the unjust shall not be successful.

And Firon said: O chiefs! I do not know of any god for you besides myself; therefore kindle a fire for me, O Haman, for brick, then prepare for me a lofty building so that I may obtain knowledge of Musa's god, and most surely I think him to be one of the liars.

And he was unjustly proud in the land, he and his hosts, and they deemed that they would not be brought back to Us.

So We caught hold of him and his hosts, then We cast them into the sea, and see how was the end of the unjust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality