Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 07:40 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,830 times

Advertisements

Why do some people's day dreams or dreams, or past life experiences or out of body experiences feel like real life?

What spiritual gift is enabling people to feel things in their head as real life?

My conclusion is: it's the gift of remembering and how well you can remember or recall. To imagine the past, you have to remember the details and to reconstruct them in your head. The more details your mind can remember and reconstruct, the more vivid the imagery will be, and the more life-like/real it will feel.

I think usually dreams are a bit too vague, so when we wake up, we know it was a dream because it's kind of foggy. But sometimes after waking up we remember all the details to such extent that it feels REAL.

Even if we imagine something, it has to be based on something we have seen, and therefore has to be remembered. (Maybe the details come from the subconscious, so we don't have to remember seeing it consciously). It's like the brain takes data it has seen and creates fantasy out of that data...therefore remembering is necessary.

One person I know can imagine a moment from the past (recreate it) and his body can also reconstruct the feeling he felt in that moment in the past. So to him, it feels like he is there. He can also imagine a fantasy and it also feels like he is there. One time he remembered or made up being a freedom fighter and described how it feels to be one. Some people may call this a past life memory. He doesn't believe in that, so he calls it -day dreaming. But we can't really know, right?

So, what I see is that a body takes data out of conscious and subconscious and reconstructs all the details to such degree that it starts to feel REAL.

And just because it's reconstructed, it doesn't mean it wasn't real at one point. Afterall, my friend was describing the moment from his past which really did happen. So you can visit your past by reconstructing it. Or you can visit the future by reconstructing it (if the details are within your SELF somewhere). Or you can visit the fantasy world by building a construction out of your database of information. And if you have enough details while reconstructing, it will feel REAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 07:57 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,830 times
Whatever I say are my opinions, not "the truth" necessarily.

When people's experiences feel REAL, they also include the feelings. The feelings are also stored within your SELF and can be recalled.

I was curious to know how the feelings are stored, since I believe that the feelings are actually generated by the situation. So it would be like trying to store the light which is caused by a light bulb. You can't store the light. You can only store the light-bulb and then later turn it on and recreate the light.

So when you encounter an object/person, your body calculates the parameters of it (so to speak), recognizes that it's something considered "desirable" and has instructions to cause certain physical reactions in your body (be it butterflies in your stomach, or nervousness or blood pressure going up or some other things which may be perceived as "a feeling of excitement").

So it's like a recipe of the feeling: "here is how to create it". So your body doesn't store the feeling itself, but stores the instructions on how to create that feeling. If you encounter an object and experience the feeling, the body records that association. So next time, when recalling and reconstructing that situation or object, your body will also remember the recipe for the feeling and re-generate the feeling.

That's how I see it anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality