Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 03:47 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
no, there is no requirement, any member of the Nation is not required to have a belief in a Creator in order to be a member of the Nation. We don't ask you if you have a belief, that choice is yours and as I said before, we do not judge or criticize you for that.
So there are many different beliefs. That's not a lot different than the different Christian denominations that disagree about certain aspects of it. We call each other "Brother" but we do disagree. The only difference between you and us is that to be a Christian there are a certain minimum set of essential beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 03:53 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So there are many different beliefs. That's not a lot different than the different Christian denominations that disagree about certain aspects of it. We call each other "Brother" but we do disagree. [B]The only difference between you and us is that to be a Christian there are a certain minimum set of essential beliefs.

[/b]
the big difference is that we don't disagree with each other, we never argue about the Creator.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:22 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
[/b]
[/b][/b][/b]
the big difference is that we don't disagree with each other, we never argue about the Creator.
We build each other up in the Lord by edification and clarification as the sanctification process is important as the church is the bride of Christ. If you read in Revelations 3 you will find churches fall under certain characteristics, so even if we believe in the Creator why are some churches successful and others are lukewarm like Laodicea

Old 12-10-2014, 04:38 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So there IS a requirement?
Actually viz the tribal nations of america are an excellent example of what it means to worship in the Spirit of Truth. You should look into the "WAY" we native americans live and lived. Learn the history and remember to shod your feet with gospel of peace brother.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
[/b]
[/b][/b][/b]
Ptsum Why is it that the Cherokee don't argue about the Creator? Where do they see the Creator?

Old 12-10-2014, 04:52 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
shod your feet with gospel of peace brother.
So how did that work out for you when the Europeans came in and took over your land?

Old 12-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
So how did that work out for you when the Europeans came in and took over your land?
Well me being mix I came from both the West and East so I was born from history. How does it go for me now?" I am well and thank you". But I walk with two feet. One in the Spirit the other in the world. And while I walk I see many things that are woven and Beautiful. So How are you Brother? I ask in seriousness. And I call you out for your lack of regard.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:42 PM

Creation in 7 days. Who searches for the Truth in all the blood that Christ gives?
The turtle is the symbol for our Lineage. When we say let us talk about the turtle it is good medicine for that reason. Because in our heart we know the One Tree with 12 fruits. The turtle was the one who carried the world on its back. The turtle is the one that keeps it's home in the heart. The turtle stayed under water for 7 days to gather earth to create an Island for us to Grow. The turtle is the sacrifice of our family.. Bonds will never be broken because Spirit is what Creates them. Love is a Fire that the Creator son brought to us a while back and told us to create a counsel of 12 elders to keep watch on the Fire. And he gave a promise that while we gather together in a circle the Fire is there.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:50 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
So How are you Brother?
Thanks for asking. I am doing really, really well and I greatly appreciate the good fortune I have had during my life. The world looks nicer to me every day. It is great to be alive, isn't it?

Quote:
And I call you out for your lack of regard.
I have no idea what that sentence means, so I will take it as a complement of some type. Thanks.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:55 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
if not belonging to any of the denominations of the Christian religion does not keep you from becoming a Christian, then what are the requirements for being a Christian?..... I always thought that you had to belong to some Christian church to be a Christian and that that particular Christian church was part of one of the many denominations within Christianity.
Well, yes, but you are forgetting about the non-denominational denominations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality