Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 03:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
Please pray for me.
Absolutely. There are some mighty prayer warriors on CD. Please take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 05:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Is it possible your husband could get his old job back?

I hope this challenging, unexpected path turns out well for you.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:03 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
I am a minister but right now I don't feel like one. My husband left a good job to move to Texas to start a church. Everything has went wrong and we have spent all of our money. My husband is a awesome man of God. I don't understand why God is allowing us to be on the verge of being homeless. I love God with all my heart. I just don't understand why he is not helping. My husband needs a job and has a clean criminal record and stellar work history. Please pray for me. We have four kids. If God is humbling me; it has worked because I am crushed.
Just sit back and watch TV all day, since you think God will provide for you. Besides, why should he help the millions of innocent children who die every year of starvation, diseases, and natural disasters when your husband has no job. You are much more important to him than they are.

Seriously, both of you need to find a job without depending upon some magical being. Be a good example for your children because they deserve it.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,743 times
I am blown away by some of these responses. If
Some of the most successful men in the world all experienced failure. What I have learned in my life is that when things come easy it is rarely ever God. The bible says through much tribulation we will inherit the kingdom of God. I thank those of you for your kind words and prayers. I noticed some of you kicked a girl when she was down; I say to you your trial is just around the corner. It is easy to be an atheist when everything is going well but all it takes is one illness to bring you to your knees. God bless each and everyone of you that took the time to respond. I thank God for his faithfulness. To God be the Glory.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:20 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Some of the most successful men in the world all experienced failure. What I have learned in my life is that when things come easy it is rarely ever God. The bible says through much tribulation we will inherit the kingdom of God. I thank those of you for your kind words and prayers. I noticed some of you kicked a girl when she was down; I say to you your trial is just around the corner. It is easy to be an atheist when everything is going well but all it takes is one illness to bring you to your knees. God bless each and everyone of you that took the time to respond. I thank God for his faithfulness. To God be the Glory.
You're down because of your own foolish decision of your husband leaving a good job, according to your OP. I have trials, but I work through them because I take responsibility for my decisions and the necessary steps to rebound without using any type of prayer or wishful thinking.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:38 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,394 times
So you have FOUR KIDS and daddy leaves a "good job" to start a church in Texas?????????????????

And this god isn't helping you for the same reason that spiderman isn't helping.

Really hope everything works out okay for you guys, but, unfortunately, it sounds like you're gunna have to learn the hard way...

Old 01-16-2015, 09:48 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
So you have FOUR KIDS and daddy leaves a "good job" to start a church in Texas?????????????????

And this god isn't helping you for the same reason that spiderman isn't helping.

Really hope everything works out okay for you guys, but, unfortunately, it sounds like you're gunna have to learn the hard way...
She and her husband should be ashamed of themselves for being so reckless with their children's well being. Here's a good story most people I'm sure have heard and should take to heart.

Quote:
A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.
Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."
The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."
So the rowboat went on.
Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."
To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the motorboat went on.
Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."
To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.
Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"
To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"
As an atheist I'm bias towards commonsense.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:39 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
He sounds a lot like my dad.

All three of his children are now atheists/agnostics.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:27 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
No ma'am, your trial will be just. Be ever aware of that. No one kicked you by telling you their beliefs about your beliefs, unless you agree you are kicking them with your belief about thought-crime and after-life punishments. To Enlightenment be the Glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
She and her husband should be ashamed of themselves for being so reckless with their children's well being. Here's a good story most people I'm sure have heard and should take to heart.

As an atheist I'm bias towards commonsense.
The ancient greeks used to say: "the gods help those who help themselves." But in the Atheist view, those who help themselves are helped by themselves and by their readiness to take up good chances that can help them. Yet as is the other more uncommon saying: "I tried and I just made things worse."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You're down because of your own foolish decision of your husband leaving a good job, according to your OP. I have trials, but I work through them because I take responsibility for my decisions and the necessary steps to rebound without using any type of prayer or wishful thinking.
You don't understand. The idea is that life can be so overwhelming as to shut people down with anxiety unless they get calm and catch a breath through thinking things will get better or meditating or praying quietly in a soothing fashion. A lot of people loose themselves in guilt for their wrong decisions and so can't even by clear-minded enough to get out of them unless they adopt optimistic cosmic believes (for themselves). Freaking out could also produce realizations, but often too late. Calm allows one to get out of a situation they are in without having to realize anything.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:15 AM

420 posts, read 1,236,743 times
I think you guys are having problems reading; first of all I have an amazing man of God by my side and four amazing children. Our children love God just as much as we do. I would love to talk to some of your children. My children are surrounded by love. I'm not going to keep responding to such negative energy. I am blessed with a beautiful family. God is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
View detailed profiles of: