Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 11:53 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Why did the atheist group HAVE to go to court when the christian groups had no problem handing out their support of the mythical?

That is the real travesty here, Jeffbase.

Would you be upset if some wiccan group distributed their fairy tales and your local church could not distribute your version of yours?
I pointed that out myself. He has yet to respond, and I don't hold my breath that he ever will .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 01:14 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I pointed that out myself. He has yet to respond, and I don't hold my breath that he ever will .
Jeffbase has gone to fundie school.

First thing they are taught is not to answer questions.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:28 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I wasn't the one who made the claim that Christians are not being persecuted.
Atheists (and Agnostics to a degree) are persecuted by the religious more than Christians are, by the sheer quantity of haters, defamers, and attackers against either atheism or agnosticism.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 02-26-2015 at 02:38 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 02:32 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Why did the atheist group HAVE to go to court when the christian groups had no problem handing out their support of the mythical?

That is the real travesty here, Jeffbase.

Would you be upset if some wiccan group distributed their fairy tales and your local church could not distribute your version of yours?

You mean like the travesty of the Christian baker who had to go to court and fight for their Constitutional right of freedom of religion? I consider that a bigger travesty than being able to set up a booth of lies, but of course your side sees no problem at all if it affects Christians.

The prayer station serves a purpose. Helping people. I'm quite certain that the reason station purpose is nothing more than an attack on Christianity rather than a sincere desire to teach people their beliefs.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
You mean like the travesty of the Christian baker who had to go to court and fight for their Constitutional right of freedom of religion? I consider that a bigger travesty than being able to set up a booth of lies, but of course your side sees no problem at all if it affects Christians.

The prayer station serves a purpose. Helping people. I'm quite certain that the reason station purpose is nothing more than an attack on Christianity rather than a sincere desire to teach people their beliefs.
I'm going to refuse to bake cakes to intolerant Christians because they didn't stand up against that guy. Evil doers one and all, they support each other's evil like any tribalist associators. I will not tolerate the intolerant. Why the government would support businesses like that such as intolerant Churches and intolerant bakers is beyond me, they deserve the same special treatment given to businesses that only serve the public if it's white-skinned. Where are the Christians that stand up against that guy? They aren't vocal enough because their denominations are corrupted by the enemies of humanity. They hide from us (and to a degree from themselves) the evils they commit in secret against the wider public.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:40 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
You mean like the travesty of the Christian baker who had to go to court and fight for their Constitutional right of freedom of religion?
Stop changing the meaning of the English language to justify using the wrong words to describe what happened, because you think doing so will dupe people into granting sympathy for your corrupt perspective. The reality is that the Christian bakers sought to withhold the service they offered to the public from certain members of the public. That's indefensible bigotry. Your inane attempt to label that transgression as anything worthy of respect, much less protection, is ridiculous. The more you persist in such delusion, the more your comments will lose credibility in the eyes of reasonable people who realize the distortion and deception you're committing.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:

The prayer station serves a purpose. Helping people.
And they need to set up on public property because..... why? If the purpose is to help people... that can be done on church property.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And they can't help people with a prayer station at their church because.........?
Probably, not enough people outside the forced family are going to churches, in their view. Inserting themselves into the government-sponsored public and the government has always been the corruption the corrupt have sought. And yes, the government includes that section called The People. There is hardly any other way to get tax-exception support that religions usually rely on. If giving people a strong community center and center for moral teachings is so important, then secular centers should be just as supported and "unimcumbered" as Religious places. But people have a thirst and lust to insert themselves as government propaganda.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 02-26-2015 at 04:13 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 03:55 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Big difference. The Christian baker lost in a court of law because of what he was doing was unconstitutional. The atheist group won, because they had the constitution on their side.

You DO believe in your Constitution don't you?

Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Zoroastrians all belief in unprovable myths. You know, like fairy tales. Actually, many fairy tales have better lessons in them than some of the myths perpetuated by the fervent adherents of the religious myths

Quote:
I'm not sure how talking to yourself about an imaginary friend is helpful. Perhaps if those people were taught meditation, there may be something said to that. At least some stress levels may subside.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:08 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:

Once again you pull an unrelated case into the debate to deflect the question at hand . Answer the question. Does it bother you or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality