Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 09:37 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
If we keep pulling away from Him, He will eventually leave America alone, what a disaster that will be. The OP sounds like a 10-year old.
Many people think he has already started to do this. The abortion epidemic, gay marriage, etc are simply evidence of him turning us over to our own evil desires, a la Romans 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 09:41 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Whoa - just ran across this thread... I want to know what God is doing that makes Him a "meany"?

Old 03-13-2015, 11:49 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gousa14 View Post
I hate God Because if he exists then he wants to destroy America. I think he is a bigoted meany. Who else shares my concern here?
Wanting to destroy America and not keeping it from being destroyed are two different things. Many Americans, like yourself, have told God we don't want Him. We threw Him out of schools, don't let His birth be displayed on government ground and removed His name from the holiday celebrating his birth. You're getting what you want. God is removing Himself from our lives. As an added bonus those who don't want Him in their lives will be sent away from Him through eternity.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:52 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gousa14 View Post
I hate God Because if he exists then he wants to destroy America. I think he is a bigoted meany. Who else shares my concern here?

Maybe it is you and all the other humans in America who don't believe in God who are destroying America.
Maybe God thinks all of you are bigoted meanies.

Who else shares God's concern here?

Old 03-13-2015, 12:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Wanting to destroy America and not keeping it from being destroyed are two different things. Many Americans, like yourself, have told God we don't want Him. We threw Him out of schools, don't let His birth be displayed on government ground and removed His name from the holiday celebrating his birth. You're getting what you want. God is removing Himself from our lives. As an added bonus those who don't want Him in their lives will be sent away from Him through eternity.
The Nazi's used the slogan "Gott Mit Us" God With Us. They obviously wanted Him. They put it right smack on their belt buckles. (Unlike say...Texans who seem to like putting a long horn or an oil well on their buckles for everyone to see). Following your theory that explains why God didn't wipe Germany off the map when they were murdering millions of innocent people.

Kinda. Sorta. In the strange world of people who believe God is mad at America because people say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."

Old 03-13-2015, 12:36 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
AS someone who is not American I do find it amusing that so often people will state that God will punish America if it does x or y even though those things like same sex marriage had been legalized elsewhere without those punishments occuring. It is almost as if God only carried what happened in the States and whatever occurred elsewhere was not his concern. I had heard clips from politicans and church ministers a few years ago when same sex marriage was much more restricted in your country than it is now claiming that if it became legal God would punish America. But same sex marriage was legal in Canada and God was not punishing us (Leaf and Oiler fans may disagree).

Just an observation from the outside,

Old 03-13-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
AS someone who is not American I do find it amusing that so often people will state that God will punish America if it does x or y even though those things like same sex marriage had been legalized elsewhere without those punishments occuring. It is almost as if God only carried what happened in the States and whatever occurred elsewhere was not his concern. I had heard clips from politicans and church ministers a few years ago when same sex marriage was much more restricted in your country than it is now claiming that if it became legal God would punish America. But same sex marriage was legal in Canada and God was not punishing us (Leaf and Oiler fans may disagree).

Just an observation from the outside,
Many people seem to have the idea that this country is God's country. I think that's the issue. Many think that we are special -- that God SPECIALLY created us in a way that almost rivals Israel. To punish us would mean that he would remove his favor from our country--as if he has ever promised to preserve the United States.

I don't see any reason to believe that our country is particularly special in God's eyes. Sure...it was founded by God-fearing men. Many of the first settlers in this continent were Christians...but I see no reason to believe that God has given any kind of special promise to preserve us. We may very well see the end of this country in my lifetime. It certainly seems that we are heading that direction.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Many people seem to have the idea that this country is God's country. I think that's the issue. Many think that we are special -- that God SPECIALLY created us in a way that almost rivals Israel. To punish us would mean that he would remove his favor from our country--as if he has ever promised to preserve the United States.

I don't see any reason to believe that our country is particularly special in God's eyes. Sure...it was founded by God-fearing men. Many of the first settlers in this continent were Christians...but I see no reason to believe that God has given any kind of special promise to preserve us. We may very well see the end of this country in my lifetime. It certainly seems that we are heading that direction.
In fact, God punished His own people for the exact same thing we are doing.

If Israel/Judah wasn't safe, I KNOW we aren't safe.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In fact, God punished His own people for the exact same thing we are doing.

If Israel/Judah wasn't safe, I KNOW we aren't safe.
Agreed. Romans 1 says that God turned them over to their own desires. I wonder if that's what we are seeing now. Americans want abortion? OK--God gives us abortion on demand. Americans want homosexuality? OK--we will soon have same-sex marriage in every state. It won't be long before marriage means nothing (as if it does anyway anymore).

Old 03-13-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Agreed. Romans 1 says that God turned them over to their own desires. I wonder if that's what we are seeing now. Americans want abortion? OK--God gives us abortion on demand. Americans want homosexuality? OK--we will soon have same-sex marriage in every state. It won't be long before marriage means nothing (as if it does anyway anymore).
Not only what you mention - but also the rejection of all things about Christ. Removal of ten commandments... removal of prayer from school... removing "under God" from the pledge... a growing course of sentiment to stop celebrating Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality