Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 04:30 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Then I'm not a member of that "side". I'm a HUGE fan of free speech under the First Amendment and find the idea of thought control disturbing.
As long you agree with what's being said....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 04:31 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
So Christian caterers could get around having to cater for homosexuals who want their service by saying 'we don't do widgets'?

Seems the best way out of an awkward situation I guess.

Have there been any instances where a Muslim or a Judaist caterer refused people on the grounds that those peoples sexual preferences were abhorrent to them etc?

Or is it simply the fact that all homosexual people want pork on the menu?
If the christian caterer serves chicken and fish, and the gay couple order chicken or fish just like any other couple, then the catered would be discriminating by not selling the gay couple something that they OFFER for sale.

Example.

Caterer: "here is my menu"
gay couple: "we would like the chicken ant the fish entree from this menu"

The caterer can not claim that they do not OFFER chicken and fish since it is right there on the menu that they OFFER.

IF the gay couple want lobster and the caterer does not offer lobster then the caterer does not have to make lobster for them.

IF I go to taco bell and order a taco they should sell me a taco, but if I order fried chicken they do not have to make it for me since they DO NOT OFFER fried chicken.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
As long you agree with what's being said....
Not true.

But you seem happy being ignorant about other people's truths. So here: You get that so you can go to your happy place.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-20-2015 at 04:46 PM..

Old 05-20-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's obvious nothing you're told permeates your brain.

And I know some people are happy being ignorant so here:
As I said...when we agree with your side, you folks are wonderful, peachy people.....when we don't? That's when the fascism comes out. True bigotry is when one is unable to accept the thoughtful opinion of other people. At this point the bigotry I see is from the side arguing for "equality".

Old 05-20-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If the christian caterer serves chicken and fish, and the gay couple order chicken or fish just like any other couple, then the catered would be discriminating by not selling the gay couple something that they OFFER for sale.

Example.

Caterer: "here is my menu"
gay couple: "we would like the chicken ant the fish entree from this menu"

The caterer can not claim that they do not OFFER chicken and fish since it is right there on the menu that they OFFER.

IF the gay couple want lobster and the caterer does not offer lobster then the caterer does not have to make lobster for them.

IF I go to taco bell and order a taco they should sell me a taco, but if I order fried chicken they do not have to make it for me since they DO NOT OFFER fried chicken.
Or maybe the caterer isn't necessarily refusing to sell something, but they have a moral objection to participating in an event.

Do you believe a black man should have the right to tell the kkk to pound sand rather than cater their event?

Old 05-20-2015, 04:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
As I said...when we agree with your side, you folks are wonderful, peachy people.....when we don't? That's when the fascism comes out. True bigotry is when one is unable to accept the thoughtful opinion of other people. At this point the bigotry I see is from the side arguing for "equality".
I changed my response. Go back and get your smiley face.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Or maybe the caterer isn't necessarily refusing to sell something, but they have a moral objection to participating in an event.

Do you believe a black man should have the right to tell the kkk to pound sand rather than cater their event?
Then the caterer should not OFFER wedding catering services. Care to show me where the KKK is listed in any anti-discrimination laws? I seem to have missed that.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:05 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Then the caterer should not OFFER wedding catering services. Care to show me where the KKK is listed in any anti-discrimination laws? I seem to have missed that.
Seems like we are on the slow road to communism. I say, let's speed it up! Let the government provide and dictate all services.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Then the caterer should not OFFER wedding catering services.
Who are you to decide that?
Quote:

Care to show me where the KKK is listed in any anti-discrimination laws? I seem to have missed that.
Is that relevant? I'm asking you if you believe that a black person should be required by law to cater a kkk rally.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Seems like we are on the slow road to communism. I say, let's speed it up! Let the government provide and dictate all services.
So a business owner choosing to offer or not offer something in their shop is the government dictating?

No, the government only says that if you CHOOSE to offer something for sale then don't discriminate based on X,Y,or Z.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality