Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 01:49 PM

273 posts, read 211,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Just running a quick web search, the B12 added to vegan foods is derived from bacteria, as B12 is synthesised by microbes. Also, eggs and milk have great sources of B12 so vegetarians are home free on this one.

-Fenderplayer (lol)
Eggs are an animal being killed essentially. While milk is not - you are technically consuming something derived from an animal also.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Again, B12 is product of bacteria located in the small intestines. Even humans have this bacteria so back then they would have been fine as a vegan.
I have heard that also but haven't seen proof that it can be absorbed since it needs HCL and intrinsic factor to be absorbed which is found in the stomach.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
Microorganisms that were normally on produce don't exist because of modern day agricultural practices; it doesn't mean it wasn't naturally occurring. To say that the only way to get b12 is to eat an animal that doesn't produce it on it's own defies logic; why not eat what the animal eats instead?

It is not just b12 obviously, we need all those B vitamins which are predominately found in the eating of animal meat.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:04 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsonplayer View Post
I have heard that also but haven't seen proof that it can be absorbed since it needs HCL and intrinsic factor to be absorbed which is found in the stomach.
Then you are saying that grass has B12? How has the cow survived as a vegan? I am not a vegan but a vegetarian (can't stop eating cheese LOL) but I did major in Nutrition in college so I'm aware of the process. It is possible to get all the B12 you need through a raw vegan diet.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:20 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
Quote:
It is not just b12 obviously, we need all those B vitamins which are predominately found in the eating of animal meat.
I don't want to get into nutrition in the Christianity forum, but this is not true. B12 is the only one not always readily available in most plant foods.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Then you are saying that grass has B12? How has the cow survived as a vegan? I am not a vegan but a vegetarian (can't stop eating cheese LOL) but I did major in Nutrition in college so I'm aware of the process. It is possible to get all the B12 you need through a raw vegan diet.
The fungi is on the grass. That is how the cow survives. But as for vegan's many of them don't believe they are eating or responsible for the slaughter of animals when in reality they usually are because they eat fortified products that often contain fortified b12 products from animal sources.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I don't want to get into nutrition in the Christianity forum, but this is not true. B12 is the only one not always readily available in most plant foods.
I didn't say the other b vitamins were not found in plant source I said they are predominately found in animal sources. Animal meal is loaded with B vitamins.

But there are other nutrients that are hard to get in vegan diet such as zinc, vitamin A, and Vitamin D. Sure you can get vitamin D from the sun but you need a lot of sun if your a vegan. And you can get beta-carotene from plants but some people can't assimilate that well and it requires much more than what retinal would provide.

So you can get them but your putting a toll on major demand on your body.

We definitely need veggies and I'm not knocking them. For example we need folate which highly necessary for the methylation cycle. So it seems to me that we were designed to eat animals and veggies.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:27 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
Quote:
The fungi is on the grass. That is how the cow survives. But as for vegan's many of them don't believe they are eating or responsible for the slaughter of animals when in reality they usually are because they eat fortified products that often contain fortified b12 products from animal sources.
No, vegans do not eat fortified products that contain animal sources. You state this as if it were a fact, but it's false.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:33 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
It is interesting when I see people that are vegans and how they insist that killing animals is bad. But if you didn't believe in God and yet had to define one from the things that are made, you would obviously have to come to the conclusion that we are designed to kill. Consider vitamin B12. It is not found in plant sources. To sustain our being we would have to obtain our vitamin b12 from the killing of animals. Our design when you look closely is made to kill animals and our bodies need the rich resources found in animal meats.

I give this example because it gives you a way of understanding who God is by our own design and the design of the creation around us.
I understand that any god who would create a world filled with creatures that must rely on gruesome brutality to survive is very sadistic, a sociopath of the highest degree.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:35 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
No, vegans do not eat fortified products that contain animal sources. You state this as if it were a fact, but it's false.
The vegans I know eat a diet of raw vegetables and avoid anything processed including bread, rice, etc. They are perfectly healthy without vitamin supplementation but they are not vegan because they love animals... they are because it is healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality