Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:52 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
In Heaven we'll be in the very presence of God. There will not be room for sin.
How so?

Like he'll be watching us every moment and not giving us any privacy to commit sins? Or because he can sing so well and perpetually forever that we'll be too entertained by him to do anything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 01:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
How so?

Like he'll be watching us every moment and not giving us any privacy to commit sins? Or because he can sing so well and perpetually forever that we'll be too entertained by him to do anything else?
No evil can exist within his presence. In Isaiah 6, we see Isaiah having a vision of heaven. What is his response when he sees God? He screams out "Oh no! I'm a dead man!" He knows he's toast. He can't be in God's presence in his sinful human nature.

In our natural state, we are stained with sin. We sin because we have sinful natures -- it was passed down to us from Adam. In our natural state it's what we do. God will regenerate us though, and we won't have that sinful nature in Heaven.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
No evil can exist within his presence. In Isaiah 6, we see Isaiah having a vision of heaven. What is his response when he sees God? He screams out "Oh no! I'm a dead man!" He knows he's toast. He can't be in God's presence in his sinful human nature.

In our natural state, we are stained with sin. We sin because we have sinful natures -- it was passed down to us from Adam. In our natural state it's what we do. God will regenerate us though, and we won't have that sinful nature in Heaven.
Well, in that example it seems there must be some level of delayed vanquishment since he was still able to get that quote out. Amazing how somebody else was quick to jot it down...pre-literacy.

But on the more philosophical side...why not skip the sinful state, which your god created for his own godly pleasures, and go straight to the regenerated state?

Old 06-18-2015, 02:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Well, in that example it seems there must be some level of delayed vanquishment since he was still able to get that quote out. Amazing how somebody else was quick to jot it down...pre-literacy.

But on the more philosophical side...why not skip the sinful state, which your god created for his own godly pleasures, and go straight to the regenerated state?
God didn't create a sinful state. He created Adam and Eve sinless. Adam sinning brought sin into the human race, and passed it down to us.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:32 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
God didn't create a sinful state. He created Adam and Eve sinless. Adam sinning brought sin into the human race, and passed it down to us.
So in your view, Vizio . . . sin is like what . . . a virus????

Old 06-18-2015, 02:41 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Then how could Adam and Eve Duggar sin? If sin did not exist, did A & E Duggar create sin?

Here's another, I will type R E A L slow so maybe the comprehension skills will work--

Who created the "devil?"

The devil is sin"?

God created the devil.

Therefore God created sin

A & E Duggar passed sin down to us?

The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

And you want the world to believe that we all DIE in SIN because of some one else's sin??????

Old 06-18-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Others have already pointed out the logical fallacy but I'll put it succinctly for you...if god created everything, including humans, then god also created sin.

And either way...why am I called a sinner for something some guy Adam did (or Eve)? I didn't do it, I didn't know them, I didn't tell them to do it (whatever you think they did), nor did I agree to be created in the first place under any sort of pretense that I must be a sinner if I'm given life.

So why am I a sinner for being born?

Old 06-18-2015, 04:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Others have already pointed out the logical fallacy but I'll put it succinctly for you...if god created everything, including humans, then god also created sin.

And either way...why am I called a sinner for something some guy Adam did (or Eve)? I didn't do it, I didn't know them, I didn't tell them to do it (whatever you think they did), nor did I agree to be created in the first place under any sort of pretense that I must be a sinner if I'm given life.

So why am I a sinner for being born?
Because silly, Vizio's ever-so-good, ever-so-holy, ever-so-moral god wanted it that way. And what Viz' god wants, he gets.

What's so hard to understand?

Besides, some guys wrote about it in an old book.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The Holy City is hurting. This is incomprehensible.
Indeed it is.

This is the time to stand with Charleston and to hold up and support Mother Emanuel and her members. Who are hurting in ways most of us cannot imagine.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:41 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times
Sad event. I don't think that it happened in a church means anything different than if it happened in Target though. I think it would be a sad event no matter where it happened. Looks like this kid had mental issues and a gun. This seems to happen now and then, it's hard to get a grip on mental health.

Maybe he got into an argument with someone who attends there. We will see when he goes on trial. At least there will be some answers although I have a feeling they will be the same answers we got from the movie theater shooting. I'm crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality