Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:39 AM

12 posts, read 7,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorgenepal View Post

Very nice video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 02:46 AM

1,185 posts, read 2,221,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chayyimphil View Post
Very nice video.
It looks like indoctrination into a religion that encourages violence.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
It looks like indoctrination into a religion that encourages violence.
It does not look anything like what you say. Even a dumb mute will know that, because people depicted in the video above are not even uttering a single word!! If you think you are right then compare it with the indoctrination of religion and violence depicted in the following videos:-

Here is your christian indoctrination of hate and violence!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QiF-zUmn2o

I have to admit the Hindu indoctrination is too vile to speak of. It simply looks like from another world, that is, the third world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i_E8WpXkXA

This one is definitely from the third world as you can see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJeIIsGB_B8

The video entitled, 'White people wearing Sikh Turbans' posted earlier looks very spiritual and saintly compared to the three videos posted above. The three videos above really and truly depict indoctrination of hatred and violence. They are truly pathetic.

This last one is too scary I imagine to watch so you will have to sign in to watch it..........and let's us all know what are your views on indoctrination or violence for that matter! It would be great to know. The one which shows people wearing or trying on the sikh turbans is too sweet and gentle to have been mentioned here! Give credit where the credit is due!!!!!!!! This is what good, honest and decent people do regardless of which religion they hail from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPqObLzZ-iI

Last edited by chayyimphil; 09-02-2015 at 12:52 PM..

Old 09-05-2015, 09:05 AM

21 posts, read 15,420 times
This thread started with a simple question and now look where it has ended! What's wrong with the people here? Do they think that there is only one religion such as Christianity in this world? If so, then they are no different from the ISIL. Stop being so bigoted and show respect to other people's faith. After all this country claims to be a democracy doesn't it? It is very quick at imposing democracy on other countries, isn't it? IMHO it is full of dull witted hypocrites!

Old 09-05-2015, 09:49 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowingme View Post
This thread started with a simple question and now look where it has ended! What's wrong with the people here? Do they think that there is only one religion such as Christianity in this world? If so, then they are no different from the ISIL. Stop being so bigoted and show respect to other people's faith. After all this country claims to be a democracy doesn't it? It is very quick at imposing democracy on other countries, isn't it? IMHO it is full of dull witted hypocrites!
Relax.

If you are curious about Sikhs, and there is a congregation in your area, they probably have a phone number. Call it. Explain to the person that answers that you are interested in Sikhism, and ask what is the best way to learn more about the religion, because it appeals to you.

There are white Americans who have converted to Sikhism, so there must be a path.

It will be much more productive than asking your questions here, it's obvious that if there are Sikhs here, they aren't talking.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:43 PM

9 posts, read 5,364 times
Here is a site you ought to visit which I have also posted in another thread above.

Sikhism Guide

This should answer your questions regarding this religion.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,056 times
Quote:
Hello everyone, I am new on this forum and would like to ask people if they know who are the sikhs and why they wear turbans? I have seen many people with nice looking turbans where I live but am little bit nervous to approach them to find out. I am extremely impressed with their appearance and would like to wear a turban too.

I hope you have met some white sikhs too, because they also wear turbans and can teach you quite a lot too. Here is a link for them:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pIuJlp9mqs[/url]

Old 10-12-2015, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 9,114 times
Quote:
Your thread is very refreshing and it is really nice to learn about other religions apart from christian religion. The philosophy is very different from the christian religion although, it claims there is only one god. I worked with some sikh guys in my previous job and they told me that they wore turbans from the time of their first guru.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:57 AM

'Sikh Lives Matter' - says a new global protest movement - BBC News

https://www.facebook.com/SikhFederationUK

Last edited by chayyimphil; 10-26-2015 at 11:07 AM..

Old 10-26-2015, 11:56 AM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Op, respectfully, it does not appear you are seeking knowledge on Sikhism, but you are actually soft promoting it here. Which is OK to do, does not matter to me.

Sikhism is a free standing religion. It is neither Islam nor Buddhism.

May be appropriate to mention that reason, Alexander the Great did not conquer India and withdraw from his quest was that he encountered Sikhs on the battlefield. They were the first to not fall to his might. Lesson he took out of that encounter was simple - you can not conquer people that have no fear of death.

Sikhs are said to be nation of warriors. Turbans have very utilitarian, outside of having head covered in face of god (so do Jews, Catholics, Orthodox Christians, Muslims) purpose for warriors. They serve as weapons stash, as some can be easily canceled inside of fabric and some, like chakram, are worn on the outside.

Also, turbans have another very utilitarian use. Air conditioning. They work as thermal insulators. Also, a fez inside turban can be used as a platform for a bowl filled with water, set there. Then, turban loose end is dipped into water and capillary action starts spreading fluid across the wrap. As this happens, water evaporates, lowering wrap temperature.
Btw, fez is actual "head before god" covering and is very similar to yarmulke or tyubeteika. Same idea. Many religions have similar concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality