Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 07:45 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
Creationists seem to compartmentalise their brain so that logic doesn't impinge!
See, this is just what I mean. rather than posting something of value to further the Original Post, we get drive-by commenters who think it is cute to put down someone who does not believe like them. I don't know why the mods allow this sophomoric behavior. But it really shows the heart of the evolutionist who has nothing of true substance to add to a topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 07:55 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
See, this is just what I mean. rather than posting something of value to further the Original Post, we get drive-by commenters who think it is cute to put down someone who does not believe like them. I don't know why the mods allow this sophomoric behavior. But it really shows the heart of the evolutionist who has nothing of true substance to add to a topic.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:59 AM

248 posts, read 175,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
It does when you take the bible literally.
Actually it doesn't. I have not seen a contradiction to the Bible yet.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:47 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Theories of evolution are 1 based on slanted second hand information, which for the most part are theorized ,many things are falsely represented and exposed for fraud, and the creationists know it.
2. Nothing has evolved forward since man has made the claim of evolution , all that has changed is the decay of the planet and it's inhabitance .
3. It takes a absolutely controlled sterile environment to produce any thing ,much less provide a secondary living source to feed on.
4. Plant and animal life are so different biologically their origins would have to come from a completely different source yet compatible and codependent.
5. the spiritual is not an invention of consciousness .
I believe in God because of a relationship I have with Him, and I believe that he put all thing together and can alter it as well, to fit His agenda.
I have witnessed God's healing in folks, the human body is incapable of, even with the advance medicine that are impossible.
I have witnessed first hand the radical change in weather simply asking God to intervene, not just once but many times .
I do not manipulate the hand of God, I cooperate with Him.
There are natural judgments that occur as a result of men's choices ,resistant to God , I will not argue with God.

The giant hadron collider in Europe is working on a portal to another dimension .
That's a lot of investment of scientists, if something is not real .

Old 11-06-2015, 08:50 AM

689 posts, read 494,929 times
Quote:

I will put down daft notions such as the creationist myth for which there is not the slightest shred of evidence. Whereas the theory of evolution seems to have a lot going for it!

Old 11-06-2015, 08:53 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times
Quote:
You have several problems with your post.
  1. I am a Creationist and I'm not afraid of knowledge as you state. I love science.
  2. We need you to prove evolution to show you that your belief in such an untenable position is merely faith-based.
  3. How many Creationists learned what evolution teaches before they rejected it? Probably 99% of them. We were all brainwashed with that philosophy in school. And the more we dug into the scientific facts against it the more we discarded it as a farce.
  4. We don't, as you wrongly state: "fear getting a full and true understanding of what it teaches before rejecting it?" We just want to make sure that what we were taught about evolution was true or not. That's what science is all about; testing theories to see if they are correct or not.
  5. You queried: "how many of you who ask for proof of evolution would really bother to try and understand the answers given to you in response if someone were to try?" I've already gone through the pros and cons of evolution. And usually what people post as links in favor of evolution is found to merely be filled with "It seems to me" or "Maybe" or "it could be" or "we suppose" or "based on our mathematical statistics" all of which means they don't really have a concrete answer.
  6. I have studied world religions in college as well as a plethora of other disciplines. I'm not afraid of knowledge. Knowledge should lead one to better understanding of the world around them. Education is all about testing whether what is propounded by the current ideology is correct or not. If it is found to be wanting it should be cast aside. Evolution has been found to be lacking in proving itself by science. It should be put under the category of Philosophy. But the Philosophers wouldn't want in under their umbrella because it can't be proven.
You aren't afraid of knowledge, as long as that knowledge fits your belief system. If it doesn't you twist it around to try and fit your belief. Confirmation bias. You are afraid of knowledge.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
I will put down daft notions such as the creationist myth for which there is not the slightest shred of evidence. Whereas the theory of evolution seems to have a lot going for it!
Why not start by actually PROVING humans evolved from the single cell and all plant and animal life as well. After you have proven your case scientifically and beyond a shadow of a doubt, we can go from there. In the meantime, do you think the OP is correct in all his points about Creationists?

Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Theories of evolution are 1 based on slanted second hand information, which for the most part are theorized ,many things are falsely represented and exposed for fraud, and the creationists know it.
2. Nothing has evolved forward since man has made the claim of evolution , all that has changed is the decay of the planet and it's inhabitance .
3. It takes a absolutely controlled sterile environment to produce any thing ,much less provide a secondary living source to feed on.
4. Plant and animal life are so different biologically their origins would have to come from a completely different source yet compatible and codependent.
5. the spiritual is not an invention of consciousness .
I believe in God because of a relationship I have with Him, and I believe that he put all thing together and can alter it as well, to fit His agenda.
I have witnessed God's healing in folks, the human body is incapable of, even with the advance medicine that are impossible.
I have witnessed first hand the radical change in weather simply asking God to intervene, not just once but many times .
I do not manipulate the hand of God, I cooperate with Him.
There are natural judgments that occur as a result of men's choices ,resistant to God , I will not argue with God.

The giant hadron collider in Europe is working on a portal to another dimension .
That's a lot of investment of scientists, if something is not real .
Coming from someone who believes in a book written by people who weren't alive when the supposed events took place, that has found to have many errors and inaccuracies. Sometimes the accounts weren't even second hand, but 3rd/4th/5th, whatever.The hypocrisy of you guys astounds me.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
You aren't afraid of knowledge, as long as that knowledge fits your belief system. If it doesn't you twist it around to try and fit your belief. Confirmation bias. You are afraid of knowledge.
The same can be said of Evolutionists. Rarely do I see evolutionists going to non-evolutionist sites in order to disprove evolution.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:00 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
Actually it doesn't. I have not seen a contradiction to the Bible yet.
You will in a minute:

Biblical contradictions - RationalWiki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality