Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 03:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times

Advertisements

When Vizio, jeff and Eusie join voices to sing the Phoney Christian Persecution Song, all I hear is the impotent bellowing of fuming fundamentalists, sinking into the tar sands of irrelevance.

It's got a good beat. You can dance to it.

I'll give it an 8, Dick.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 03:23 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,745,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Back to the original topic:

All I want to be is left alone...in my average home. But why do always feel...like I'm in the twilight zone? I always feel like...fundies are watching me...and I have no privacy.
Maybe you should stop picking fights with them.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:24 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,745,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
So I guess this means that all you guys are insecure about your beliefs? Good to know, but we already knew this. Otherwise you wouldn't have to jump through hoops and twist around to make excuses for your beliefs.
No we just don't want to see people follow the stupid path of sin which is ultimately the path of death.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:26 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,389,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No we just don't want to see people follow the stupid path of sin which is ultimately the path of death.
Oh, so if atheists speak out it is because they are insecure, but if you speak out it is because you want to help people.... Yea, right....

I'll send it back to you...

"No we just don't want to see people follow the stupid path of religion which is ultimately the path to not living life to the fullest."

Old 12-09-2015, 03:33 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,276,758 times
Quick question...if Atheists truly want to be left alone why are so many of you on the Christian forums dead set on giving Christians grief for believing?

Old 12-09-2015, 03:36 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,621,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I bet you got a trophy for participation as a kid, didn't you? Or better yet, you probably are the commissioner of your grandkid's teeball league and you make sure everyone gets one, right? I mean....you'd hate to have a kid not think he's special, right?

Some people aren't special, Dude. We're just not. Until we realize that, we're simply deluding ourselves.
Every kid is special. When adults around them fail to see it, those kids grow into mediocre adults telling children they are not special. Too bad you do not see it.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:39 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,389,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Quick question...if Atheists truly want to be left alone why are so many of you on the Christian forums dead set on giving Christians grief for believing?
Well, personally, I don't want to be "left alone" per say, I just want religion to stay out of anything government related. You are free to talk to me about your religion all you want. I may not reciprocate, and I may tell you to bugger off, but you are free to do so. If you are a rational person, we may even have a good conversation.

Now, for the second part of your question. This does not go for everyone, and certainly not myself, as I am outspoken to the people who know me. Some people, especially ones in areas that are very religious have no other outlet. They have religious family and they live in a religious town. They come on here to speak their mind about things because they can't do so in real life. I know a few people who do this. They are afraid to talk out in real life because they do not know how people will react, so they go online. They wouldn't need to do this if you guys were more tolerant of people with different beliefs...

Old 12-09-2015, 03:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:
I don't give anyone grief for believing anything. I DO rebut absurd claims, and silly threads like this one.

Believe what you will, but when you put it on an internet forum discussion is to be expected.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:46 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,276,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Well, personally, I don't want to be "left alone" per say, I just want religion to stay out of anything government related. You are free to talk to me about your religion all you want. I may not reciprocate, and I may tell you to bugger off, but you are free to do so. If you are a rational person, we may even have a good conversation.

Now, for the second part of your question. This does not go for everyone, and certainly not myself, as I am outspoken to the people who know me. Some people, especially ones in areas that are very religious have no other outlet. They have religious family and they live in a religious town. They come on here to speak their mind about things because they can't do so in real life. I know a few people who do this. They are afraid to talk out in real life because they do not know how people will react, so they go online. They wouldn't need to do this if you guys were more tolerant of people with different beliefs...
Ok I totally get this! Look I'm the first to admit that some Christians aren't very nice and on the crazy side but we are not all like that.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:46 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,647,891 times
Quote:
This is the general religion & spirituality forum; it is not specifically for Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality