Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:34 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,255,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You're the one stating that gay = straight, and that it is a normal, non-deviant lifestyle, and that if we do not endorse it we are wrong. No one has said that a gay person should be denied any rights. You're the one changing the narrative to try to force a new argument.
No, I am stating that ALL American citizens should have the same rights. Straight Americans should not get special rights. I don't care what YOU endorse, only what the government does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 10:36 AM

18,525 posts, read 9,210,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I had learned long ago, that the rebellion toward God, will only get worse as time goes by, but certain facts remain through out time.
Jesus did not chase after any one , He spoke in public, but reserved certain bits of information for those that fallowed Him exclusively .
God looks in the heart of man, and draws those the might genuinely love Him, to Jesus.
Though salvation is open to all whom will believe and receive, God knows that only a fraction will actually turn to Him.
Jesus said it is a narrow way and few there be that find it.
Trying to convince some one that has already made the decision against God, is not what we as believers are called to do.
Most likely my posts do not get read, but I share and let it go . In the event it is read ,the only one it is of value to is one that genuinely seeks God.
When it comes that day when every man gives account for his life all these things will be examined ,
God has all of eternity to examine all the facts, and determine justice .
Be assured that even Christians will be thoroughly examined for their words and behavior to man even though they may have received Gods forgiveness for sins against Him.
Jesus had already made this clear.
Those who claim to have faith toward God have issues because there is a devotion to be in the truth seeing there is a judgment for false teachers.
This leads to a whole different discussion , but the point is ,this road of life we are all on requires choices, and those that have chosen to live in rebellion are very unlikely to change their mind .
But those that may have question should have the opportunity to examine the information at hand.
I feel sad for those that are bitter toward God ,because in their experience ,God would not be manipulated for them .
God is not manipulated ,particularly in those that have not repented.
I know God's love an intervention in my life almost every day , and it is mostly because I choose His instruction for the day and in most every thing I do.
You whom are angry and rebellious toward God will never see this kind of relationship so there is no logic that will satisfy you thinking.
God seeks the humble and the weak things to confound the strong things that offend the egocentric . like faith.
Stop rebelling against Allah, your True Creator, lest ye burn forever.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:40 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,241,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, I am stating that ALL American citizens should have the same rights. Straight Americans should not get special rights. I don't care what YOU endorse, only what the government does.
We've been over this. There was never a law that said "Gay people cannot get married". The law didn't exist. It was never an issue.

You're the one that to oppose same-sex marriage is equal to denying people rights. When you change the narrative like that, you are then bringing in a whole bunch of new accusations, stating that we supposedly want to deny rights, etc. It's a lie. It's dishonest.

Honestly......just get over yourself already. We don't hate gay people, and we aren't coming after you with pitchforks. Believe it or not, it's possible to disagree over the definition of marriage and still actually love and care for your political opponent. Grow up and stop being like the 3 year old that whines that if we don't play ball YOUR way we must hate you.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,269,720 times
Quote:
We've been over this. There was never a law that said "Gay people cannot get married". The law didn't exist. It was never an issue.

You're the one that to oppose same-sex marriage is equal to denying people rights. When you change the narrative like that, you are then bringing in a whole bunch of new accusations, stating that we supposedly want to deny rights, etc. It's a lie. It's dishonest.

Honestly......just get over yourself already. We don't hate gay people, and we aren't coming after you with pitchforks. Believe it or not, it's possible to disagree over the definition of marriage and still actually love and care for your political opponent. Grow up and stop being like the 3 year old that whines that if we don't play ball YOUR way we must hate you.
Give it up, Viz. You lost. Continually crying about it won't change a thing.

Gays can legally marry.

Good triumphed over evil.

Too bad for your side.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:46 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,347,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
That.

I could care less about bibles in private hotels or crosses on necklaces and churches. It's only when those things are on public property that anyone complains.

But non Christian billboards on private land is offensive?

Insulting and falsely accusing other posters is charitiable?

Wanting to allow discrimination againist LBGT in both the private and the public realm is being kind?

Or what about all the anti-Catholic posts on the Christianity forum, how is that showing loving one's neighbour or that Jesus brought Peace into this world?

Telling the ones you wish to convert that they cannot have morals unless they believe in your version of God going to be an opportunity for witnessing?

And finally how is the inability to discuss matters rationally and logically as well as honestly going to help convert others to your belief system?

Freak, how many times have you stated that you are only concerned about bibles in public property and have had that view twisted that you were either afraid of Bibles or that you wanted them banned from everywhere but one's one home? I would think those types of twisting and dishonesty are not great recruiting tools for adults to accept.

There are many religious posters on these forums who I do respect and they vary from a very loosely idea of God to some pretty strong and most likely fundamentalist believers but there are some who certainly portray a belief system which is neither loving nor rational and those ofset any possitive that comes from the first group. And most of the later group are not on my ignore list because I think they honestly believe what they do post. Some certainly do have it in for those of other dedominations or religions.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Give it up, Viz. You lost. Continually crying about it won't change a thing.

Gays can legally marry.

Good triumphed over evil.

Too bad for your side.
I'm not the one whining about it. I simply pointed out that it's not intellectually honest to make the statement that we hate people simply because we disagree over whether or not marriage should be redefined. We don't hate gay people, nor are we suggesting that gay people should be denied any basic rights.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:49 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,223,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Why, with the large numbers of non-believers on this forum are believers not taking the opportunity to try to win some souls? Missionaries are roaming the world spending precious resources to spread the word of God but on this free forum with a target-rich environment of atheists and fence-straddlers the primary activity of believers seems to be belittling the infidels. There is a multi-page thread of non-believers begging for evidence/enlightenment. Are the atheists here beyond salvation or is this too difficult a playing surface?
It is two different playing surfaces. Unlike other venues, like door to door proselytizing, this would be an agreeable venue for such a thing because anyone who is not interested could just refrain from reading. The truth of the matter is that there ISN'T any actual evidence to support this supposed good news. All there is is unsubstantiated claims about a magic book and **** we don't understand = god.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:50 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,223,480 times
Quote:
I'm not the one whining about it. I simply pointed out that it's not intellectually honest to make the statement that we hate people simply because we disagree over whether or not marriage should be redefined. We don't hate gay people, nor are we suggesting that gay people should be denied any basic rights.
What does that mean, that marriage is not a basic right? Have we categorized all rights into basic and extraordinary?

Old 12-10-2015, 10:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,255,272 times
Quote:

Funny, but the highest court in the land thinks differently.

And I am over it, I'm getting MARRIED on the 31st.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What does that mean, that marriage is not a basic right? Have we categorized all rights into basic and extraordinary?
Whether or not you consider marriage a basic right is irrelevant. Gay people have never been restricted from marrying any more than anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality