Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 11:14 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times

Advertisements

Believers, what did God do on the planet today? Please let us know with details and collaborating evidence. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 11:43 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
I don't have to prove anything.

The burden of proof rests of people making them claim. I'm generally not trying to convert people. In a philosophical claim, the burden of proof rests on the one who makes the claim, the one who asserts something. I believe in God but it's my own business. You are claiming god doesn't exist. So, you prove it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil...urden_of_proof

See also the section about argument from ignorance. That you see no evidence doesn't mean there isn't.

What did god do? God is the universe. Existence continued and the laws of physics kept working.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:54 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I don't have to prove anything.

The burden of proof rests of people making them claim. I'm generally not trying to convert people. In a philosophical claim, the burden of proof rests on the one who makes the claim, the one who asserts something. I believe in God but it's my own business. You are claiming god doesn't exist. So, you prove it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil...urden_of_proof

See also the section about argument from ignorance. That you see no evidence doesn't mean there isn't.

What did god do? God is the universe. Existence continued and the laws of physics kept working.
Yes, you apparently are making the claim God exists apparently so where is the evidence for that. I'm not sure what the laws of physics and existence of the planet proves except that there are laws of physics and the planet exists at this moment. So in answer to my question, you are stating that God kept the laws going today and the Earth existing?

Old 12-25-2015, 01:51 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Believers, what did God do on the planet today? Please let us know with details and collaborating evidence. Thanks!!
Proof?
Look at yourself in the mirror and see the proof.
God let you breath today - when your time is up, he won't let you breath anymore. We all go thru this cycle without any control over our birth or death because God controls that.

So, make a good use of this time that your given, before the last curtain falls on your eyes. You wouldn't be able to stop it.

You can choose all you want with whatever you believe or not believe.

We all have made our choices based on free will.
And in the end, we will be responsible for our choices.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:27 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Last couple of nights we had a full moon on Christmas , and if you could discern dark spirits of the world then you see that they get active just before the full moon , as they can be disruptive , and could make pain in people body and some people even pass on during this time ................. Well last night I had a harder to sleep night were I woke up all most every hour , so I would pray the authority of the Believer into the blood of Jesus and bind demons who may be there , and God would remove them , still other demons would be moving in and I can sense them in the spirit and would pray again ,.............. still got plenty of sleep , and other people I was praying for made it through this disruptive time of a full moon , as God was cleansing the spirit on the planet today ......

Old 12-25-2015, 04:48 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
Quote:
Yes, you apparently are making the claim God exists apparently so where is the evidence for that. I'm not sure what the laws of physics and existence of the planet proves except that there are laws of physics and the planet exists at this moment. So in answer to my question, you are stating that God kept the laws going today and the Earth existing?
Sorry, no. I'm not.

Making a claim is making an accusation. As in, you stole the cookies at the cookie jar. Where's the proof.

I can believe anything I damn well please as long as I don't assert that you have to believe it too. That's how the rule works, read the link.
Only atheists have the gall to accuse a group that for the most part wants to worship freely, and then demand from them proof.
You can ask this question of fundies trying to tell you that gays goto hell, or that we should all believe like them because they are the only right ones. Where's the proof?
Likewise, you make an accusation against God, I think you need evidence. You can't just get away with intimidating people.

Old 12-25-2015, 04:59 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I woke up today and I'm typing here but this is not limited to just today, that happens every day that I wake up.

Old 12-25-2015, 05:40 AM

865 posts, read 1,077,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Proof?
Look at yourself in the mirror and see the proof.
God let you breath today - when your time is up, he won't let you breath anymore. We all go thru this cycle without any control over our birth or death because God controls that.

So, make a good use of this time that your given, before the last curtain falls on your eyes. You wouldn't be able to stop it.

You can choose all you want with whatever you believe or not believe.

We all have made our choices based on free will.
And in the end, we will be responsible for our choices.
God never taught you the difference between 'breath' and 'breathe'.

Free will is also an illusion. It is unsupportable both scientifically and philosophically. Once you realise this, your faith will become untenable.

Old 12-25-2015, 05:43 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Believers, what did God do on the planet today?
150 non-Christians gathered together in community to sing carols, raise money for people in need, and celebrate in candlelight Jesus' message of love and hope often hidden beneath layers of both dogmatic and materialistic baggage.

A number of us had previously gathered together on Tuesday night for a similar purpose, that time celebrating pagan messages of love and hope, calling the directions in recognition of the spiritual wisdom that has flowed through to us through pagan heritage.

We will gather again in mid January for a similar purpose, to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s messages of love and hope. Also in January we will gather to celebrate Muslim messages of love and hope. In April we will gather to celebrate Jewish messages of love and hope. And I'm sure in the next year or so we will celebrate messages of love and hope that flowed through to us through Hindu religious heritage, and Buddhist religious heritage, etc.

What God did on the planet was miraculous: Despite the darkness and corruption and opportunism and self-motivation and rationalization all around us, 150 of us lifted up our voices and our hopes to help heal our broken world, believing not in some ancient mythology but instead believing in the power of bold, compassionate humanity.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:51 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
I was hoping someone would ask.

"He's outside! Open the fountains of the deep!"

"He can't be, Lord."

"He is, I tell you! You think I check my all knowing brains at the Pearly turnstile?"

"But it's Christmas Lord. He'll be inside in his dressing gown and a mug of cocoa muttering Humbug."

"I tell you he's outside. Chopping down a tree."

"Well..that sorta makes sense..."

"Only because you incompetents stopped the waterworks today. First chance he's had this month to do any gardening. Get 'em on, now - while he's still up the ladder, doing the branches."

"Right away, Lord. Who's got the Keys?"

"Peter's on leave in the Middle east, playing one of the the wise men. These days, they're having a job finding one. That isn't deconverting, anyway."

"Break the console open...he's started on the trunk! Where's Thor?"

"Doing Yule..don't you remember, Lord, The Nordic festival is becoming more popular than the nativity scene?"

"Jesus Chrst!"

"Yep?" (old joke)

"Get one of those nails under this lid ..and use that bit of wood to lever it open.."

"Use this Holy Cross?"

"Don't be a twerp, son. It's an instrument of torture; always was."

"But it has become invested in some sort of back to front way with sanctity as a symbol of .."

"Too late. He's gone back inside for coffee and humbugs."

"Dozy sods!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality