Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 06:50 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
CA is not the same as saying Cali...apparently they can't stand it here when people say Cali.

I have only lived here since 2010.
Probably Canada then. Still, it was bright and sunny and you got a bike ride in. That's the important thing. (As one who has too often had to do data matches from multiple vertices, including states, that was my erroneous assumption... Something I try very hard not to do. But alas, I'm human. Sorry bout that).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 05:29 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Sorry to hear about your mother.

We all are given a specific time on this earth, when our time is up, life ends - whether we believe in God or not.

Sickness, disease and hardship - no one is free from it. Some get it more than others, others get more than others.

The idea is count your blessings and make the most out of what you have. Whether it's the hardship or comfort - it will end!

Thank you. I agree about only having a said amount of time on earth & when your time is up there is nothing you can do about it. Yet, when I see someone saying that God cured them of something stupid like hiccups & people like my mom are laying less then 20 feet away dying of a disease, then either God plays favorites or he isn't real. It sounds like I'm angry towards the Christian God I am not, again if he was real he should be busy with other things then curing someone of hiccups.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:17 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Why?
Can't help it...He revealed Himself to me many times.

I have no idea why others believe in him...unless...they carry
something over from the Other Side...and they couldn't shake
it if they wanted to. A memory they kept in their hearts...that the
intellectual, logical mind couldn't over shadow. hmmm, dunno...
Why believe in something you have not experienced...I'm not sure!
They are blessed that haven't seen and are my brothers....
But, those that have are outta the Ballpark with blessings.

Oh my God! The difference of a believer ....and one who knows is
about from here to the Moon!

The believer is filled with concepts (usually)...a person who has been dropped
in awe, speechless and breathless with the Divine Presence..has no need
for 'concepts or opinions from others'.
Could you elaborate, please?

Old 01-28-2016, 08:44 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Some of us can. Designs like that make me dizzy.
here is another one.

Multiple Fibonacci spirals in a red cabbage cross section.

This design is everywhere in nature. From the tiny plants to the galaxies. This spiral ... lets just say, it happened by accident, or may be it was a by-chance design and a co-incidence that it's everywhere.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:32 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
here is another one.

Multiple Fibonacci spirals in a red cabbage cross section.

This design is everywhere in nature. From the tiny plants to the galaxies. This spiral ... lets just say, it happened by accident, or may be it was a by-chance design and a co-incidence that it's everywhere.
Gravity is everywhere in nature, and works according to a simple mathematical formula. Does that mean Gravity is evidence for a god? Some have used the term "intelligent falling" to describe that theory.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Gravity is everywhere in nature, and works according to a simple mathematical formula. Does that mean Gravity is evidence for a god? Some have used the term "intelligent falling" to describe that theory.
Actually doesn't mean falling... Only observed like that on earth. Lol

Old 01-29-2016, 06:42 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Thank you. I agree about only having a said amount of time on earth & when your time is up there is nothing you can do about it. Yet, when I see someone saying that God cured them of something stupid like hiccups & people like my mom are laying less then 20 feet away dying of a disease, then either God plays favorites or he isn't real. It sounds like I'm angry towards the Christian God I am not, again if he was real he should be busy with other things then curing someone of hiccups.
In all fairness God does play favorites ,
He loves (has a voluntary commitment) to those that love Him.
Where as those the use God for their own means don't always get His support due to their rebellion.
John 3;16,17,18,19,20,21,
For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life .
God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned , but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation; that light has come into the world, and men love darkness rather then light because their deeds are evil.
For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light lest their deeds should be reproved.
But he that doeth truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:14 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Funny how you quote the bible as if you have no mind of your own, however what you just posted has nothing to do with love.

It has to do with bow down and believe in nonsense.

It's amazing how disturbingly arrogant some are to that think that there is a god who plays favorites.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:07 AM

Default Why I believe in God

Simple: love, mercy, compassion, and forgiveness

Why did I pick Christianity: of my studies, it is the one I found where God became man and preached those 4 principles and was willing to die for it (and then others around him were willing to die instead of deny)

Why don't I mock and jest 'fundies' (got that from this site) whether they be mega church preachers, Jehovah's witnesses, Hasidic Jews, sharia practicing Muslims, certain atheists (can't stereotype that group as its too diverse but the kind that take any affront to a mention of God and use of the term religi-fascist like its a selfie stick): because it does me no good and, if I listen, even one with an extreme position may make a valid point.

Why I attend catholic mass vs other forms of worship? In my experience, from the church I left at 12 to the church I see today, the catholic community seems to truly understand and accept the past sins and is trying very hard, to live more closely to the principles of love, compassion, mercy, and forgiveness because it needed forgiveness (a lot less guilt tripping too... Even saw a pamphlet about abortion in church. Not approving it but, providing guidance to parishioners to not judge, and condemn, those facing that decision. That's a big step, in my opinion)

Old 01-31-2016, 08:26 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Funny how you quote the bible as if you have no mind of your own, however what you just posted has nothing to do with love.

It has to do with bow down and believe in nonsense.

It's amazing how disturbingly arrogant some are to that think that there is a god who plays favorites.
There are millions of educated people who believe in God and believe the Bible is inspired. You can't just dismiss those people as nonsensical, if you want to be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality