Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 05:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

yup, when you don't have to prove it, just make up anything. like "nothing" and omni-dude. both are silly. Now when we have to have something to support it a claim, the only rational answer is "something". After that do what ya want, thats not my area. fight between your made up beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 06:07 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yup, when you don't have to prove it, just make up anything. like "nothing" and omni-dude. both are silly. Now when we have to have something to support it a claim, the only rational answer is "something". After that do what ya want, thats not my area. fight between your made up beliefs.
You don't need "made up beliefs" AA.
There is "something"-- EVERYTHING.
EVERYTHING obviously objectively exists...and certainly has the known attributes (ineffable size, scope, power, etc.) that are definitive of "God".
Pantheism. God is ALL. The "do all" ideology!!

Old 02-04-2016, 07:06 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I know that the Creator of the universe has communicated with man and told us.
That is an ASSumption that you just made. You don't know that at all.
Quote:
We aren't the ones that are preaching the abiogenesis fairy tale and calling it "science".
No one is preaching Abiogenesis.

The only preaching about our origins is done by fundy folks like you when trying to preach genesis as fact.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:29 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
Quote:
We aren't the ones that are preaching the abiogenesis fairy tale and calling it "science".
No, we're just supposed to believe in literal magic. I mean literal magic.

Magic from a wizard no one has ever seen ... at least no one credible.

Instead, we're supposed to believe instead something like, "Derpy derpy dee, hmm, what to do today. Oh, I know! After an infinite amount of time hanging around doing nothing within nothing, I'll create a universe!"

"There! Now ... I have this finely tuned universe designed specifically for humans. Now I need to create humans because after hanging around within an infinity of nothingness for an infinite amount of time, I need love and worship and people to boss around and kill when they displease me."

"Ta da! All done ... WHAT? She ate from the damn tree ALREADY?!?! That does it!

"Everyone's punished. Adam. Eve. All of your future babies. The snake. I'm even going to make some of the animals, not all of them, but some of the animals meat-eaters. You're all going to be punished because I'm God, dammit! And I get really cranky after spending an eternity sitting around in an infinite nothingness doing nothing infinitely for an infinite amount of time! And if you think I'm mean now, just wait until there are even more people around to kill ..."

Yeah, that's what we're supposed to believe instead. And before you growl and claim my little narrative is silly, really ask yourself ... is it? Is it REALLY silly? Because nothing I had God say in that narrative is untrue. THAT is precisely what we are expected to believe, and while God may not have said those words verbatim, those concepts are as true as any word spoken or written in the Bible.

No thanks. You can keep your blood thirsty Bronze Age tribal god. I'll take the science.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:38 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Yet another thread of insults, personal attacks and calling theists fools. Can you guess why I no longer post here ( with one recent exception)?

Old 02-04-2016, 07:39 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Yet another thread of insults, personal attacks and calling theists fools. Can you guess why I no longer post here ( with one recent exception)?
I don't see anyone calling the theist a fool. However the one theist in question truly lacks scientific literacy.

To me that's worse than being a fool.

Last edited by Matadora; 02-04-2016 at 07:50 PM..

Old 02-04-2016, 07:47 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
You have to see it as entertainment. And if you work it right...you can instigate some really great amusing stuff! You hafta adjust your perspective.
Com'on, man...you've been around here as long as I have. You're part of this place. Your posts are great.
Stick around.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:04 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Because the God Who said He created the universe is also the same God who prophesied thousands of years prior to His Son coming to this earth that He would fulfill those prophetic statements in such and such a fashion. Since Christ did fulfill those prophecies, God is good for His word that He did in fact create the heavens and earth and all that is in them and will one day save all mankind.
I've always found it amusing that the guys who wrote the book (the jews) can't seem to find all these "prophecies" that Jesus fulfilled. You'd think since it's so obvious, that they would notice..

Old 02-04-2016, 08:22 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
No, we're just supposed to believe in literal magic. I mean literal magic.

Magic from a wizard no one has ever seen ... at least no one credible.

Instead, we're supposed to believe instead something like, "Derpy derpy dee, hmm, what to do today. Oh, I know! After an infinite amount of time hanging around doing nothing within nothing, I'll create a universe!"

"There! Now ... I have this finely tuned universe designed specifically for humans. Now I need to create humans because after hanging around within an infinity of nothingness for an infinite amount of time, I need love and worship and people to boss around and kill when they displease me."

"Ta da! All done ... WHAT? She ate from the damn tree ALREADY?!?! That does it!

"Everyone's punished. Adam. Eve. All of your future babies. The snake. I'm even going to make some of the animals, not all of them, but some of the animals meat-eaters. You're all going to be punished because I'm God, dammit! And I get really cranky after spending an eternity sitting around in an infinite nothingness doing nothing infinitely for an infinite amount of time! And if you think I'm mean now, just wait until there are even more people around to kill ..."

Yeah, that's what we're supposed to believe instead. And before you growl and claim my little narrative is silly, really ask yourself ... is it? Is it REALLY silly? Because nothing I had God say in that narrative is untrue. THAT is precisely what we are expected to believe, and while God may not have said those words verbatim, those concepts are as true as any word spoken or written in the Bible.

No thanks. You can keep your blood thirsty Bronze Age tribal god. I'll take the science.
That is brilliant! So true.

Well, you know the buzz - I'm out of reps.

Last edited by 303Guy; 02-04-2016 at 08:38 PM..

Old 02-05-2016, 01:07 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Or the best one: That the universe has always existed and wasn't created.
Explain why it couldn't have always existed in some form or other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality