Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 02:11 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I'm the OP and never made such a claim. The topic is was about Ireland not China.

Are you confusing me with Gldnrule? He is the only one I recall trying to make that claim.

I posted this just the other night to show Gldrule how wrong he was in stating that China is growing out of control with christianity.

Losing our Religion

China is the least religious country with twice the amount of convinced atheists than any other nation (61%) followed by Hong Kong (34%), Japan (31%), Czech Republic (30%), and Spain (20%).
You really do need to educate yourself on the matter Matie:

China May Soon Be the World's Most Christian Nation

Pew Survey Predicts Rise In Atheism In US, Europe Despite Growing Religiosity Worldwide

How religious will the world be in 2050? | World Economic Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 02:29 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
None of your links are as credible of a source and don't come close to disproving my WIN/Gallup International link.

I trust my source much more than all 3 of yours combined.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:59 AM

Quote:
None of your links are as credible of a source and don't come close to disproving my WIN/Gallup International link.

Yeah...nobody trusts "Pew" for polling results. HaHa!
Plus...my source went beyond just polling and was based upon direct research by people considered leading experts in the field.
That you would say you trust polling over direct research by a leading expert is evidence of how biased and closed minded you are about the matter.
You really do need to educate yourself on the facts of the issue. Placing polling results over focused research probably won't help that though.
Fact of the matter: People are embracing Religion at over 20 TIMES the rate they are embracing irreligion.
Religion is gaining, especially in China...that's a fact. And no matter how much that bothers you...even to the point of delusion and a preposterous claim that polling could be superior to direct research to obtain evidence & data...it will not change that fact a bit.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:03 AM

261 posts, read 156,592 times
Quote:
Faith, hope and secularity: Ireland on brink of change as church power wanes

Good for Ireland.

Indoctrination is the sneaky tool that Christianity has been using for long enough to brainwash and get to the young and the weak and gullible before they have leaned how to think on their own. Enough is enough.

The truth will overcome!

And about time too!

Old 02-24-2016, 07:40 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
I'm the OP and never made such a claim. The topic is was about Ireland not China.

Are you confusing me with Gldnrule? He is the only one I recall trying to make that claim.

I posted this just the other night to show Gldrule how wrong he was in stating that China is growing out of control with christianity.

Losing our Religion

China is the least religious country with twice the amount of convinced atheists than any other nation (61%) followed by Hong Kong (34%), Japan (31%), Czech Republic (30%), and Spain (20%).
I was being facetious.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:06 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:

PEW is pretty credible on these matters, and is based on demographics, not conversions, which Gldnrule keeps implying.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
PEW is pretty credible on these matters, and is based on demographics, not conversions, which Gldnrule keeps implying.
I know which is why I just ignore Gldnrules comment. He says a lot of things that are not accurate and then uses non credible sources to try and make us think he's accurate.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I know which is why I just ignore Gldnrules comment. He says a lot of things that are not accurate and then uses non credible sources to try and make us think he's accurate.
cupper...who I rarely agree with...was saying that one of the sources used (PEW) in the links was credible.
The only info for China anyone had in the past was "100% Atheist", as Religion was not allowed...so all statistics are going to show any current Religious as a conversion from Atheism.

Even your info of 61% Atheists currently in China, would be a statistical conversion of 39% of 1.3 BILLION people from Atheism to some Religion.
How do you not understand that?

This is like the people that embrace some theology and want the things written in "sacred" or "holy" texts to be true...so they argue against facts and evidence and twist everything to try to support what is not true because they want their preference to be how it is.
I know you wish Religion was losing ground globally like it is in some small population areas...but it isn't. The big gains in China and other large population areas result in a net overall gain in Religion on the planet.
Just like with the Religious Text Literalists...wishing something was true, doesn't make it so.
Religion is gaining in this world. I don't prefer that either. But that is the fact of the matter anyway...like it or not.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:44 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
I heard that religion is growing in China.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
cupper...who I rarely agree with...was saying that one of the sources used (PEW) in the links was credible.
The only info for China anyone had in the past was "100% Atheist", as Religion was not allowed...so all statistics are going to show any current Religious as a conversion from Atheism.
No all they had was a government that claimed to be 100% Atheist. There were no official polls on the population to confirm what their religious stance was.
Quote:
Even your info of 61% Atheists currently in China, would be a statistical conversion of 39% of 1.3 BILLION people from Atheism to some Religion.
How do you not understand the WIN International report?

In 2015 WIN International found: the number of convinced atheists in China to be 61%, with a further 29% saying that they are not religious compared to just 7% who are religious.

No they are not just some polling company.

WIN/Gallup International is made up of the 75 largest independent market research and polling firms in their respective countries with a combined revenue of over €500 million and covering 95% of the world’s market.
Quote:
I know you wish Religion was losing ground globally like it is in some small population areas...but it isn't.
You have no clue what I actually wish. I will say it again...you keep making inaccurate claims. In some parts of the world religion is on the decline...in others it's on the rise. In fact Islam is the fastest rising religion.

Atheism Is Down, Islam Is Rising

Last edited by Matadora; 02-24-2016 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality