Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2016, 02:23 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
But the point still needs to be made that without an objective standard of morality other than your own opinion, that's all you've got -- your own opinion. It is nor more valid than anyone else's, and is certainly no more valid than God's morality.
PRATT...

Point refuted a thousand times - RationalWiki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 02:38 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Doesn't matter how often Vizio's perspective is shown to be wrong.

He will repeat his canard again. And again. And again etc. He cannot get over his presuppositionalism.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:50 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Then why doesn't he help the innocent children who no doubt are praying to him for the abuse to stop?
He does. They are called Police and the judicial system.

Quote:
It was your god who said it! Good grief, read the passage.
Said what?

Quote:
What possible context could it be taken as? David peed off god, god says "I'll have your wives raped in broad day light."
The person who raped his wives paid a high price for that.

Quote:
Don't play the "out of context" card here. It is a horrible passage, it was said by your god, and your god is the hind end of a donkey for saying it. Period. No excuses.
What was said by my God?

Old 03-09-2016, 02:53 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your God has no morality, Vizio. It is entirely capricious by your own assertions. He can do anything He wants and you consider it moral. That is NOT a morality. That is Caprice. There is nothing for us to learn or to emulate since literally anything goes IF God does it or asks it. You have a serious lack of understanding about what an absolute moral code needs to be. The God of Christ has an absolute moral code and its standard is the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). There is no caprice and no confusion. If it is against agape love, it is immoral, period.
If Vizio's God is not your God then your God is not Jesus' Father.

Old 03-09-2016, 03:10 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
lmao. they will claim to know me. They know only the body and think the blood is what truth is.

silly kids. Its the data processor, nothing else ... for there is nothing else but "god". I call it the universe, but its life just the same. Whatever floats your boat.

Old 03-09-2016, 03:23 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

I lay no claim to your God. Your God is the warped imagination of men.

David while punishing himself in the name of God, found time for his sexual fantasy where women would be harmed, and have sex in public.

It never happened, however David and other readers of such a tale recognize their own fantasy. David gives them, and their fantasies legitimacy.

The bible is full of male sexual fantasy. It is why they love it so much, and read it over, and over again.

Old 03-09-2016, 03:45 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Teaching him a lesson by getting women unrelated to the issue raped in public.... Yea, makes perfect sense.....

So if they are concubines it makes raping them okay? That is a twisted view.

I don't see where it says rape or if it actually occurred but if that is the way you want to think then that is a warped way of thinking.

Old 03-09-2016, 03:49 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I don't see where it says rape or if it actually occurred but if that is the way you want to think then that is a warped way of thinking.
What would you call it if God gave your wife (don't know if you are married or not, but that is irrelevant. You are good at using your imagination, so you could do so here if needed), who has nothing to do with your issues and innocent in this, to a strange man so that he could have sex with her in your towns public square because he was mad at you.

Seriously, what would you call that??

I call it sick and twisted. I also keep seeing you people defend your God getting innocent women raped in front of their townspeople, which just proves to me that you certainly lack any moral compass outside of what you THINK your God wants you to do. It is quite frightening actually.

Old 03-09-2016, 03:56 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Yea, I have to agree, this agape love that Mystic speaks of is something that only God has attained and holds as He is immutable. Humans are emotional creatures who have on and off feelings for others from day-to-day even the ones closest to them. Yea, you have to know the God whose son is Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our sins then resurrected 3 days later to be with His Father.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:54 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am shielding against men who wish to legislate using the bible.

If I wanted to claim theocratic oppression I would have said so. I have made no claim of hating religion, and religion does not drive me crazy either.
When someone asks, "What are you doing here?" And you answer as you did...you ARE claiming to be shielding against theological oppression.
So, you feel that it would be wrong/unfair (oppressive) for legislation to take place making laws that have a basis in the proprietary writings of some theology (theological)...and you are saying that you are here because of that "threat".
You are doing EXACTLY what I said you were doing...even though you claimed you weren't.

Those that purport that they are on some kind of "mission" to keep "God and God-related" from influencing our lives in a negative way...and then further purport that's their "goal" and the "reason" they are here!! THAT is the most disingenuous stuff on this board!

Of course, this implies they thought methods like posting to internet forums was some sort of effective, or efficient, way to go about it. Which leads me to conclude they are either lying, or completely clueless.

So, I suppose I'm to view the tens of thousands, upon tens of thousands of posts to this site, and similar sites, as some way of trying to protect from the "harm of theology based legislation"?!
That they actually figure spending thousands of hours critiquing/criticizing the beliefs of a couple dozen Theist STRANGERS on some internet forum ...and "high fiving" and "repping" the others that join in on it...is reeeeeeeealy going to do a lot to "shield" from the "threat" religion and God belief pose to them personally and to society in general?!!
WOW! And who was the genius that told these people that posting to this forum and similar is a good method/vehicle to focus thousands of hours of one's life/effort on, if the implied goal was to achieve that end?!!

WAIT!...NO!...NO WAY! Nobody with any sense what-so-ever, that was trying to do something, would pick a method that was so foolishly inefficient and ineffective. NOBODY is that clueless!

BUT!...If that's the real case...I hereby issue the award for ~~~People that Spent the Most Time and Effort To Accomplish the Least of Their Goal~~~.

But, Naaaaaaah!...none of them are not fooling anybody. They just feign "concern"...because they enjoy busting on people...and this is a way they've found to do it that they like, and it gives them anonymity so they can say things they would never say to someones' face.

Actually there really is no need to put up any reasons or excuses for it...cuz I'm totally hip to how twistedly enjoyable it is myself.

Oh, yeah...they will say there is some kind of "real threat"...but we all know very, very few of them have ever REALLY been effected by Theism/Religion in any way beyond their obsessive headtrips about it.

When I was young I was taught all about theology through the most prevalent local system...I learned about the Bible, and was taught prayers. I found it boring...but it didn't "hurt" me in any way. Not EVER...then or later on.

OTOH...I was taught in the school, where I got my initial "formal education", about the "Food Pyramid"...I learned that you should eat some meat with every meal, and drink lots of whole (4% fat) milk, and they verified that I had retained that information by testing me to make sure.
Later in life I ended up with very high cholesterol and I found out it had made me very sick, and was on its way to KILLING me...all that "scientific data" was wrong.
My experience with learning these things is probably typical of most.
But...ya know. I couldn't see myself on NUTRITION sites...getting on their case for causing so much PAIN and ACTUAL DEATH because of how wrong they were with the so-called "scientifically proven" misinformation they gave us.
WHY wouldn't I do that?! Because I KNOW it wouldn't do a bit of good to change anything...that's why!

Quote:
I believe your religion, and beliefs stop before you come into my personal space. I will not allow you to trespass further.
Then establish some "mojo" (proprietary "mojo"...not through the same court that sanctioned slavery against the Black People and a genocide against the Red People) and establish REAL change.

Everybody would like to have things be the way they would prefer them to be...that's Human Nature.
Since the vast majority of the people in this world subscribe to some theology, and use that theology to help guide them...it would figure that it will have influence on those that create the laws, ordinances, and regulations.
That's just the way the world was, is now, and is gonna be. To think you will do anything to change it to any real degree is the height of ignorance. You can't, and you won't. If that bothers you...you are just gonna have to learn to deal with it, or live in constant angst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality